It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

HotCoco18 HB User
Question Loose Skin After Weight Loss Surgery...

I got the lapband about 2 years ago and I lost a lot of weight.. which is great.. Except I now have NO boobs just saggy skin, I have saggy stomach skin, under arm hanging skin, and inner thigh bulges of skin from when i had big thighs. .. No sex life what so ever I look so awesome with clothes on but I look like a train wreck without them. I know I could get surgery but A: I don't have the money and B: because it's considered Cosmetic and each section is considered another part they charge (EX: one under arm is 3,500$ and you would have to pay that for the other arm too) i would be paying over 30,000$ AT LEAST (under arms, stomach, inner thighs) just in skin removal (plus id kinda want some breastness back)

I don't know who has had weight loss surgery and had this issue or what they have done or anything But some advice would be nice. Even some encouragement! (I was 270 when i started I am now 120)

THANK YOU!

Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Re: Loose Skin After Weight Loss Surgery...

I didn't have WLS but in 2001-2002 I lost about 160 pounds "on my own" and I know how you feel. I went for a consult on my arms and there was a woman in there who was getting the tummy tuck paid for by insurance. Do you know that yours will not pay? You're right, the arms are not going to happen but insurance will sometimes pay for a tummy tuck if you are experiencing chaffing or rash due to the excess skin. Basically, there might be medical issue that would make it NOT cosmetic.

I gained some of the weight back and I am now looking into WLS. I am very grateful I didn't gain it all back, but too much. I know I will look horrible. I plan to be dressed head to toe but I'm older and doing this for my health. I need a knee replaced and that can't happen until I've dropped about 60 pounds.

I have only one suggestion and it's a long shot. Do you work? At the surgeon I went to, he hires people to work in his office and then gives them surgery at cost. You still had to pay for the OR room and anesthesia but it was very cheap by comparison to buying "retail". Frankly, the woman I was dealing with had had a face life and she looked like she'd walked into a glass door. It was ironic that it made me realize I would not use the guy! She said she would work there for 2 years, earn a bit less than she would at another office but get the work she wanted at his cost. Interesting. But with the way she looked, not sure she was getting her value in the deal.

I'm in your boat. No $$ and insurance won't cover. So I'll sag. If a wind ever catches me, I might float. Oh well.....my knees won't hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread