It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
(female)

chesapeake girl HB User
I'm scheduled for gastric bypass surgery...

Can anybody give me any words of advice??

Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
(male)

Eliochacon HB User
Re: I'm scheduled for gastric bypass surgery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake girl View Post
Can anybody give me any words of advice??
My ex wife had it. She did fairly well and is able to eat normally just had to go very carefully at first. She likes to drink which in my opinion negated some of her progress over the years. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Realize that each stage is different. There will be a few weeks of very difficult. Then you will ease into the honeymoon window where it's very good. You are able to eat small meals, be satisfied and the weight will fall off. After a couple of years it will get easier to eat more and you'll have to go back to a "watch it" mentality but at that point you will be much thinner and have far more options in terms of activity to help offset the calories. But remember that no stage is permanent. A lot of people say the first couple of weeks they get very depressed in that "what have I done to myself" phase. But that will pass and you will do well.

Good luck. It's a hard decision but one you will probably be glad you made.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
(female)

cuteiamom HB User

I had the gastric sleeve March 22 of this year. What they covered in my preop class did prepare me but not to the extent of what they should have. People need to really be informed more. I ended up the surgery went fine 9 days later I was so sick. throwing up diarrhea weak going on my 7th day. It sux! All I can say is be prepared to be sick if your body handles it that way. I hope it doesn't though.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Cute - have you seen your doctor or surgeon? What do they say? I hope you are being careful to stay hydrated. Your body can take a lot as far as the lack of nutrition but you must make sure you keep enough fluid in your body. Hang in there!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
(female)

cuteiamom HB User

yes I went to surrgeon and my family Dr. I'm doing much better . Thnx for the encouragement Be blessed

Closed Thread