It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

Eliochacon HB User
Lap Band

My 37 year old fiance (female) is on a program at a weight loss center to have the lap band procedure done in a few months. She needs it, she's 400 pounds. I have misgivings about it because I just think its going to make her miserable. This woman loves to eat and is addicted to food. I think she's going to hate all the life changes she'll be confronted with. I've never seen anyone eat as much as her, she says she hates being fat and she hates all the health issues, both minor (for example soreness between abdominal rolls) and major (diabetes, high blood pressure) that seem to be getting worse and worse. Still she keeps eating and has virtually no tolerance for any physical activity.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
(female)

omaya HB User
Re: Lap Band

Hi,
I am a 35 year old single lady. I used to be fat 4 months ago before I had my Gastric Lap Band operation. I can't believe the change that happened to my entire life after the operation. i am thin now after only 4 months past the operation. Life is really beautiful now.
I advise ur fiance to go for the operation without hesitation. She will quit the habit of craving food. She will no more feel unhappy specially such operations are recommended to cure and prevent diseases.
I am talking from a patient point of view and from my personal experience.
I wish u both good luck.
Omaya from Lebanon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

DRE35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaya View Post
Hi,
I am a 35 year old single lady. I used to be fat 4 months ago before I had my Gastric Lap Band operation. I can't believe the change that happened to my entire life after the operation. i am thin now after only 4 months past the operation. Life is really beautiful now.
I advise ur fiance to go for the operation without hesitation. She will quit the habit of craving food. She will no more feel unhappy specially such operations are recommended to cure and prevent diseases.
I am talking from a patient point of view and from my personal experience.
I wish u both good luck.
Omaya from Lebanon
Have you kept the weight off and did you have to go on an exercise plan...to keep the weight off?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

DRE35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliochacon View Post
My 37 year old fiance (female) is on a program at a weight loss center to have the lap band procedure done in a few months. She needs it, she's 400 pounds. I have misgivings about it because I just think its going to make her miserable. This woman loves to eat and is addicted to food. I think she's going to hate all the life changes she'll be confronted with. I've never seen anyone eat as much as her, she says she hates being fat and she hates all the health issues, both minor (for example soreness between abdominal rolls) and major (diabetes, high blood pressure) that seem to be getting worse and worse. Still she keeps eating and has virtually no tolerance for any physical activity.
I suggest you see a doctor first about the lap band. And try to incorporate more fiber in your diet and increase water and walk at least 15 mins a day. You will begin to see a difference. Every little bit help. I would also take a picture to remind her of why she wants to lose. I would encourage you to do this with her. Remember anything you do to lose weight to must be able to incorporate it into your daily lifestyle and routine.

Last edited by DRE35; 06-08-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: no finished

Old 07-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
(female)

TanDigs HB User

Be supportive, but I think you are right in your concerns. If she continues on an unhealthy lifestyle, she'll gain the weight right back. Encourage her to eat better and to incorporate exercise into her lifestlye.

Closed Thread