It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

ms anxiety HB User
Bariatrically confused

i am 155 lbs overweight and i have lots of knee pain when standing/walking even when sleeping. i went to the ortho dr who said i have femoral patella syndrome-where the thigh bone doesnt line up with your knee cap. i was referred to another ortho who said there was nothing he could do for me because most of the pain is weight related. i have fibromyalgia and other health problems that interfere with me exercising and walking. i dont eat a lot i just cant burn off my calories because of the fibromyalgia pain. also the medications cause me to gain weight.my primary care dr said she wanted to refer me to a bariatric dr for nutrition. im sure she couldve just sent me to a nutritionist.im confused because she also mentioned something about bariatric diet. im just wondering if you can see this type of dr for something other than weight loss surgery. everything ive researched automatically comes up as bariatric surgery. can someone help me out with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Bariatrically confused

Bariatric refers to surgery. There IS a special diet you need to follow after the surgery, but she is suggesting weight loss surgery.

Many people do quite well after the surgery. Do research beforehand, find a doctor with lots of experience, and see what happens. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
ms anxiety (03-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
(female)

ms anxiety HB User
Talking Re: Bariatrically confused

thx jane white 1
she had me under the impression i was just going for nutritional purposes-to learn how to cook and prepare healthier meals. i will see her again friday but i read about the different types surgeries and they scare me to death especially some of the side effects. i dont think this is for me.

Closed Thread