It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

caregiverof2 HB User
POSE surgery for weight loss

Today I saw on The Doctors a bout a procedure that has absolutely no incisions, it is intended for people that need to lose between 25 -60 lbs. The scope goes down your throat, and stitches your stomach to a smaller size........
it is outpatient. any thoughts? anyone have this done?????????
thanks so much

Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
Re: POSE surgery for weight loss

I would be concerned about what if the anchors come lose or how are they placed in so that they stay.

I had the VSG and the recovery time was not bad for me nor were the little incisions but it is best to do a lot of research as you are.

Sorry wish I could help ya more, but best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

hane278 HB User
Re: POSE surgery for weight loss

Avoid fad diets

It is important to stay away from fad diets (liquid protein, low-carbohydrate diets and other diets very severe). These plans are very restrictive and seldom balanced. In addition, when the plans are severe risks are higher drop when changes are habits gradually so as to be well understood. Following a very strict diet, you are exposed to a resumption of rapid weight once you start to eat again normally. This is the phenomenon of yo-yo. A healthy weight loss will, however, help maintain weight in the long term.

Congratulations to all those who take the initiative to begin the process of weight loss in a healthy and balanced. Your health will never look better! Good luck!

Closed Thread