It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Gaining lots of weight when at work

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
alex1992m
(male)

alex1992m HB User
Gaining lots of weight when at work

Ok this might be long but bare with me. First of all hey I'm Alex and I was diagnosed with marfan syndrome after keyhole surgery and my gran dying of a heart attack because of it. Now first off I have always been so skinny I was the kinda guy you could always see his ribs, yeah that skinny but ate like a pig is eat McDonald's bags of Chrips (chips if your not from the UK) and drunk nothing but coke. Now I've never ever ever been able to get a stady job.

However where my mother works she got me a casual part time
Job that came days maybe a weeks work every few months and it was only last year that I started getting more. Now last year I had a few months of work and during that time I began to put on weight fast really fast I went from 12stone 5 to 15 stone (I'm 6'3 I should have said sooner) and began to panic so I cut out the coke cut out the Chisps and kept putting on the weight (I ate nothing more on the days I worked in fact I ate less because I had no snacks between meals I had toast, a sandwhich at 12 and dinner which often consisted of a fried steak and oven chips) when I got home. (I'm aware of how unhealthy I am lol)

Now id not have started this thread but as soon as work stopped the weight stopped I was losing 3-5 pounds per week without trying in fact I went back to drinking coke and eating crisps and still lost it all the way back to 13 bigger then I was originally but I really didn't care and once again no matter what I ate and no matter what I drank I didn't ever gain weight. Now last year I landed a permanent job in the company and yes as soon as I started working my weight shoot back up again and no matter what I do or how little I eat it won't go down I don't eat Chisps and haven't for months or drink coke I drink diet lemonade now and the only way I can litrally get it down is to starve myself which I don't want to do.

Is there any logical reason work would make my weight shoot up like this, yes it is a desk job however I've nerve ever been active I sit home playing games and don't move don't exercise nothing's ever chnaged it's never bothered me although I've been going out running now not to much luck I'm thinking about giving up tbh. I should note that I have really bad anxiety and social anixty I don't know if that could be a reason but I thigh my id bring it up, thanks for reading

Edit: also I realised it was work when I was off for two weeks for Christmas and during that time began eating and drinking like I use to and lost 6 pounds

Last edited by alex1992m; 02-01-2017 at 08:54 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to alex1992m:
movielover40 (02-21-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
ikechi
(male)

ikechi HB User
Re: Gaining lots of weight when at work

Hello Alex, I can relate to the weight gain at work. But mine is a little different. I ate more while working and when I was laid off my job a couple years ago, I wasn't eating as much and therefore lost weight but when I went back to work i gained my weight back. Do you take lunch to work or do you eat out?

Old 02-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #3
davdt
(male)

davdt HB User
Re: Gaining lots of weight when at work

I can also related to gaining weight when I work more hours. My biggest pro-tip is simple... go for a walk! 30 minutes of walking a day (before or after lunch) will make you feel better and burn anywhere from 100 to 300 calories a day. Those calories add up.

Reply Reply

Tags
weight, weight gain