It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
Inactive

poohbearspal HB User
Post How much have you lost on Atkins, and how long did it take?

Hi, there are some oldies and some newbies to Atkins here, and since I always love hearing success stories, I thought I'd ask.

I have lost approximately 23 pounds on Atkins so far, but I can't say how long it took, because I did it off and on. How about you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2003, 11:20 AM   #2
Inactive

dietqueen HB User
POOH! i didnt know that!!! thats soooo great!!!

I've lost 3, lol! But for those who dont know, i've been on it for 3 days

I'm really responding just to congratulate you. I had no idea. that is so wonderful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Inactive

poohbearspal HB User
Thanks dietqueen. I have to tell you too, that I was the sort of person that struggled just to lose 1 pound, literally. I would get so discouraged because it seemed that I would work out like crazy and starve myself and still see no results. It was heartbreaking.

I had heard of Atkins before but I guess I just dismissed it as another "fad" diet that wouldn't work. It was actually by reading posts on this board that I decided to try it! And boy am I glad I did. I was astounded when I first weighed myself and saw an 8 pound loss. I had to keep getting on and off the scale because I didn't believe it, lol!

After going through all sorts of miserable things and still being unable to lose, Atkins seems so easy. That's not to say I've never gone off, but over all, I still find it much easier and more liveable than anything else I have tried.

I'm glad you are having such success too! Keep it up.

Old 02-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Way to go pooh! And DQ looks like your well on your way! Good luck to all!!

Old 02-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #5

northernlights HB User
I've lost 18-19 lbs., depending on if it's an odd or even day.

It took me 3 months. I haven't lost any weight in over 2 weeks though. I'm having fun eating a little more....but not at the expense of putting the weight back on. I still have about 4-5 lbs. left to go. Whether or not they come off is okay with me, since I'm happy where I'm at now. I'm sure I'll change my mind once the weather warms up though. Would like to have some firm legs this summer for a change!

I've kept my carb intake at or below 20 for all this time, so when I say I'm having fun eating, I'm actually adding 5 or more carbs to my WOE a day. For me, that's fun!!

~northernlights~

------------------
~~last night i dreamed i ate a giant marshmallow......this morning my pillow was gone!

Old 02-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #6

northernlights HB User
POOH & DIETQUEEN~

I forgot to tell you both, CONGRATS!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

------------------
~~last night i dreamed i ate a giant marshmallow......this morning my pillow was gone!

[This message has been edited by northernlights (edited 02-12-2003).]

Old 02-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #7

magnolia HB User
80 lbs in about 15 months with too many cheats in between....but no weightloss on the scales in the past 3 months due to weightlifting...started at size 22 and currently at a size 6 with a goal of 4...

Old 02-13-2003, 04:31 AM   #8
Inactive

dietqueen HB User
WHAT????? MAGNOLIA!?! are you serious!!!!! WOW!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go with your bad self!

Old 02-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #9
(female)

kk1978 HB User
That is so totally amazing magnolia. I remember when we were all in here in 2001. Still hadn't decided what to do. So congrats and man I hope I get there to. lol

I myself am down 15pds. But not just from Atkins I think. I started working out three weeks before I did Atkins. So I think that it helped as well. I am on my second week of Atkins. I don't really count the days anymore, because it all seems so natural now. I just watch what I eat. No more than 20 carbs, but truthfully I am not even sure if I get that much. lol I try though. But hey congratulations everyone and I hope to catch up. KK

Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 AM   #10
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
Congrat's to everyone - you are all doing amazing.

Myself - I have lost 16 lbs - and I have been doing Atkins since Jan. 14 - I still have a lot more to go.

Have a great day!

Old 02-13-2003, 08:49 AM   #11
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Magnolia: WOW--I'm speechless!!! You really have come a long way; haven't you? Well, congratulations; if anyone deserves it--you do!!! Just wanted to say that you've given me the inspiration to get off my lazy but and go exercise!!!! Please keep posting--you're just the type of motivation I need!

~Jen~

Old 02-13-2003, 08:38 PM   #12

magnolia HB User
kk1978 ...it has definately been a long road and still a longer one ahead :-)

[This message has been edited by magnolia (edited 02-14-2003).]

Old 02-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #13

lovethefats HB User
Smile

I'm like you poohsbeargal-I've been hearing about the diet and did a search this morning and read some of these wonderful posts and it convinced me to try the diet-actually I haven't even bought the book yet, going to get it today!! Thank you everyone for your wonderful information.

Closed Thread