It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2003, 01:58 PM   #1

itsmyturn HB User
Talking NEWBIE..... It is MY turn!

I am new to this site and would love any comment or suggestion. I happened upon this site while looking for information on Citristat.

After reading your articles, for almost 2 hours, I realize I should have tried to diet alone first. I especially enjoyed the comments and suggestions by Batgirl. I am definitely going to give up sodas as the first change in my diet. (reg. and sodas)

I have not been sincere about weight loss. I am not thin by any stretch of the imagination. My husband is 6'2" and weighs about 120 pounds (wet). He gives me no incentive to lose weigh. For some strange reason, he likes fat.

But, I have to think about me for me. I have a class reunion coming up August 29th of this year. I really want to lose weight before the reunion.

So I ordered this stuff when I saw it in the mail. One time before I tried to lose weight and I did. I don't remember the name (Mayo Clinic maybe). I ate grapefruit, bacon and eggs for breakfast and grapefruit (or juice) throughout the day with meals. I lost just as it was stated. First week, 5lbs after that I began to lose about a pound and a half a day. I just got tired of drinking and eating grapefruit. So I think grapefruit will work for me if it is in a pill. That is why I ordered the Citristat.

Anyway, I will begin these pills but more importantly I will cut out the sweets, sodas and fried foods as suggested by some of the Senior Members. Like my name says IT IS MY TURN... I am now 5'7" and I weigh 220 pounds. I wear a size 16, 18 or 20. I do not look at myself as big per se because I am proportioned, but I need to lose weight. For some reason I think that even if I wore a size 9-10, I would still weigh somewhere aroung 175 lbs or so. So, it is not the pounds that I am concerned with: it is the size.

Anyway, I am ready to start. Saturday, May 17th marks the big day. Any suggestions? How often do I need to weigh in? Any foods to stay away from other than fried foods, sodas, and sweets? PLEASE HELP.

Typing on this website has boosted my faith and given me added encouragement to do this. Thank you.

P. S. This may be a duplicate of a post I tried to make earlier. I hit a key and it vanished. Anyway, thank you again for any support you can offer. I will check back regulary with report of progress and to get suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2003, 03:31 PM   #2

rae2003 HB User
You sound a lot like me except I am 5'6" not 7 LOL! I do wear a 9-12 when I am at 160-170 depending on style cut etc.....

Your hubby is a rail WOW! My hubby seems to like me chubby too I mean he is suportive if I lose but not really helpful. Like he'll run out to get the snacks and ice cream LOL! I don't know much about the pills you are referring to.

Just wanted to say welcome and you can do it!

[This message has been edited by rae2003 (edited 05-16-2003).]

Old 05-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
welcome to the board imt!

you sound READY! good luck!~

Old 05-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #4

itsmyturn HB User
Question

Thank you for responding rae and AP. Now....I know I am ready. I have support.

This website is pretty cool. Any suggestions on getting started? How long does it take for real results? Not just the first few pounds that will shed by the change in diet, but more like metabolism changing or the body getting used to the diet type stuff?

I'm just going to begin by cutting out stuff I know is bad. I have heard that eating one meal a day is not as good eating as three small meals, what is to that philosophy? Does eating at the same time everyday help?

????????

Old 05-16-2003, 05:11 PM   #5

BATGIRL2000 HB User
Hey itsmyturn:

I am glad you have enjoyed my postings.I assure you if you cut out all these bad things that your body does not need you will be off to a great start.
Try and stick to a good balanced meal , And yes it is better to eat 3 meals a day then only 1.You must eat in order to get your metabolism working.Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies.Not only are they low in fat but are a good source of vitamins.
In the fruit :

Pears , Peaches, cantaloupe, honeydew , grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, rasberries and nectarines are great!

In the veggies:

Carrots , cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, eggplant, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, asparagus, are also a great source to eat from .

no fried foods!!!they are not good for you anyway!
try and do boiled, grilled, and baked meats they are alot more healthy for you anyway.MOST IMPORTANTLY !!!!!STAY AWAY FROM THE SODAS....he he he ....The death of me I LOVE PEPSI!....lol

WELCOME!!!!and good luck! I hope i helped you in some way..

BATGIRL~~~~~~

Old 05-17-2003, 06:37 AM   #6

itsmyturn HB User
Batgirl, thank you for responding. Today is the day. I'm excited. I already gave my husband a sermon about bringing me ice cream when he gets off at 10pm. No chips, no sweets no fried foods and definitely no sodas.
I'll keep in touch.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:47 PM   #7

september HB User
Re: NEWBIE..... It is MY turn!

Hi,I orderer Citristat the other day.Have you had any results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyturn
I am new to this site and would love any comment or suggestion. I happened upon this site while looking for information on Citristat.

After reading your articles, for almost 2 hours, I realize I should have tried to diet alone first. I especially enjoyed the comments and suggestions by Batgirl. I am definitely going to give up sodas as the first change in my diet. (reg. and sodas)

I have not been sincere about weight loss. I am not thin by any stretch of the imagination. My husband is 6'2" and weighs about 120 pounds (wet). He gives me no incentive to lose weigh. For some strange reason, he likes fat.

But, I have to think about me for me. I have a class reunion coming up August 29th of this year. I really want to lose weight before the reunion.

So I ordered this stuff when I saw it in the mail. One time before I tried to lose weight and I did. I don't remember the name (Mayo Clinic maybe). I ate grapefruit, bacon and eggs for breakfast and grapefruit (or juice) throughout the day with meals. I lost just as it was stated. First week, 5lbs after that I began to lose about a pound and a half a day. I just got tired of drinking and eating grapefruit. So I think grapefruit will work for me if it is in a pill. That is why I ordered the Citristat.

Anyway, I will begin these pills but more importantly I will cut out the sweets, sodas and fried foods as suggested by some of the Senior Members. Like my name says IT IS MY TURN... I am now 5'7" and I weigh 220 pounds. I wear a size 16, 18 or 20. I do not look at myself as big per se because I am proportioned, but I need to lose weight. For some reason I think that even if I wore a size 9-10, I would still weigh somewhere aroung 175 lbs or so. So, it is not the pounds that I am concerned with: it is the size.

Anyway, I am ready to start. Saturday, May 17th marks the big day. Any suggestions? How often do I need to weigh in? Any foods to stay away from other than fried foods, sodas, and sweets? PLEASE HELP.

Typing on this website has boosted my faith and given me added encouragement to do this. Thank you.

P. S. This may be a duplicate of a post I tried to make earlier. I hit a key and it vanished. Anyway, thank you again for any support you can offer. I will check back regulary with report of progress and to get suggestions.
[SIZE=1]

Old 12-15-2003, 05:31 PM   #8

september HB User
Re: NEWBIE..... It is MY turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyturn

Hi I'm new to this site too.I came here while doing a search for Citristat.Did you find any imformation on this,I'd really appreciate if you could tell me anything.thank you September

Closed Thread