It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM   #1
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Talking I'm almost there....

Well, I went shopping for some new clothes on Saturday because all my 10's and 12's are too big. I am now a size 8 at most stores! I am so excited!

I want to be a size 6. I am at 138 right now and am aiming for 130. I think I'll be able to wear the 6 at that point.

I even bought a swimsuit and WORE IT IN PUBLIC yesterday. Haven't done that in a while. My thighs are still fat (and WHITE), but everything else looks okay.

Anyway, I don't mean to brag or anything. I am just excited.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:10 AM   #2

jorpey'smom HB User
Thumbs up

That is great! You have a right to brag! How have you been doing it? Again, congrats!

jorpey'smom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2003, 11:17 AM   #3
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
I have been exercising a lot- walking in the morning and then doing another activity of some kind at night. I have also been eating right - lots of veggies, which I would never have eaten before. I am watching my carbs, but not doing Atkins.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #4
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
go froggie!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2003, 11:38 AM   #5
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Great job Froggie--I'm so proud of you! You've worked hard to get to this point so you have every right to show off your stuff!!!!

I know what you mean about the bathing suit and having white legs. My legs could blind someone!!!My hubby will often ask why I put my pj's back on (when getting up at night to visit the bathroom) and I tell him it's because I'm so white I glow in the dark!!!LOL Wouldn't want him to think there was a ghost in the house!!! And I think being tan makes you look a little thinner--maybe it's just me! Anyhow, I'll admit--I'm a sun worshipper; though I always make sure I have some form of sunscreen on. I can't wait to start turning that golden brown!!!!

Anyway, congrats on your loss. Just goes to prove that good old eating right and exercising still does work!!! Your an inspiration to all of us!I've no doubt that you will reach your goal soon!

Jen

Old 05-19-2003, 12:43 PM   #6
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, being tan does make us look thinnner. I just wish there was a safe way to do it (short of the fake tanners). I have tried those things and always wind up looking weird.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Froggie98, congratulations. It's so much fun to waste money on clothes when it means buying a smaller size. I did that this weekend too. Bought some new pants that I didn't really need, but just wanted to be able to reach for that size 30 waist. It felt particularly good cause the brand I get doesn't come in a smaller size than that. The only problem is my belly still isn't flat. I'm down to 13.3% body fat. I think I have to get it down to 10% to make it flat.

To you and jennielynn, some of us guys like women with pale skin. That probably sounds wierd, but I've always felt there was something very pure about milky white skin. I'll take a woman with that than one who looks like she lives at the beach.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #8

roocey HB User
Congrats on your weight loss!! Your loss is motivation for me. Keep up the good work!!

Old 05-20-2003, 02:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
I wouldn't tan just to make yourself look thinner. That's like wearing black. In the end, it's just a cover. Wouldn't you rather BE thin instead of having to come up with tricks to make yourself LOOK thin? That's why I always wear light colored pants. Anything to make me feel self-conscious and just uncomfortable enough to want to keep working hard at weight loss.

Old 05-20-2003, 06:42 PM   #10
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Cool

Didn't mean to imply that I was a die-hard tanner! Just like to have a little color. I've seen women with skin that looks like leather because of tanning constantly--natural or not. I'm blonde--so naturally I'm very pale. But, like I said before--I'm also very adamant about using sunscreen. Due to my pale complexion; I do worry about developing skin cancer.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:08 AM   #11

luvPeace HB User
Hey Froggie congrats!!!!!!! enjoy ur new body and goodluck and am sure if u keep up the good work you will soon reach ur dream goal.I dont want to pry but I jus' want to know how long did you excercise and what excercises u did???And how long did it take you to drop 2 dress sizes.I lost 5 pounds or so in 10 or less days but yet to see differences in inches..Am I seeing it too early...How long does it take???Let me know..GOODLUCK again...

Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by luvPeace:
I lost 5 pounds or so in 10 or less days but yet to see differences in inches..Am I seeing it too early...How long does it take???
Did you just start on your weight loss plan? If so, then you'll see a big drop in weight in the first week, like 5-10 pounds. But most of this is water. As far as how long it takes to see changes, I think it varies for each person. I know it took me over 3 months to lose 2 inches off my waist. But I think that's because I'm not too far from my ideal waist size.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:22 AM   #13
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
luvPeace:

I started on April 11. I walk every morning at 5:15 and then do another type of exercise in the evening. I am also being very careful about what I eat.

This last 8 pounds is going SOOOOO slowly. Grrrrr.

Closed Thread