It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Angry FRUSTRATED

I am just having a bad "body" day. I was feeling really good about my body and how much weight I have lost (20 pounds), but now I'm just frusterated that I haven't lost more. Plus, I feel bloated- my stomach feels fat. Could this be due to PMS?

I was 135 on Sunday and this morning I was 137- could that be PMS, too?

I still have all of this flab on my stomach- I can wear size 6 or 8, but when I don't suck in, the tummy sticks out. WHY???

I am just frustrated today with my body. I want to be at 130, and it just keeps getting harder- the weight loss keeps slowing down.

Any thoughts on this novel I wrote (sorry)?

Old 05-28-2003, 03:19 PM   #2

web4mel HB User
Situps, and lots of em. I do 100 a day.

Stomach crunches-50 a day at least will flatten your tummy and make you look like Carmen Electra.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
When you only have a few pounds left to lose it becomes harder to create a calorie deficit. When I was losing weight, the last 8 pounds or so came off only 2 pounds a month or less.

Since you're at 137, it takes about 1400 calories a day to maintain 137. 1400 calories x 30 days is 42,000 calories a month. 1200 calories a day x 30 days is 36,000 calories a month. 42,000-36,000=6,000 calories. One pound is 3,500 calories so it will take you at least a month to lose 2 pounds if you strictly stick to 1200 calories a day. If you eat more than 1200 calories a day, it will take longer.

Don't let it get you down. To maintain your weight loss, you'll have to adopt a lower calorie diet for the rest of your life, so this weight will eventually go away on it's own if you stick to your plan.

Old 05-29-2003, 07:30 AM   #4

motheroffive HB User
Cool

if you do cardio five to six times a week you will loose more than 2 pounds a month. (if your watching your calories)

what really helps is working out in the mornings.

i've been dieting and working out off and on since march. i switched to the mornings and stopped cheating on the weekends. starting last week and dropped three pounds. i weighed this morning.

i also am trying to drop that last ten pounds.

good luck

Old 05-29-2003, 07:41 AM   #5

Mtn.mama HB User
i will have to say that the pms thing is the reason for your 2 pound, heck i use to gain 5 pounds of water when its that time of the month! some one told me to take 125mg. of b-6 2 times a day for water problems. you can check on that b-6 thing there is a thread on water pills here somewhere. i'm going to get some today (its payday!) i am using diurex now but only at that time of the month. they also have some type of pain reliever in them too for headache and backaches. so i hope that helps you a little. sit ups and/or crunches, i agree!....Mtn.

------------------
ELASTIC IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Old 05-29-2003, 08:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
web4mel, it sounds like you're talking about spot-reducing, which is impossible. Situps and crunches will not flatten one's stomach. What's required is lots of cardio to burn the fat off. I've been doing cardio daily for the past 4 months and my abs are almost flat. I never did any any abwork. And as far as abwork is concerned, you should never be able to do more than 20 reps per set. If you can, then you need to add resistance. Also, situps are bad for one's neck and back.

Lindarella, the 1400 figure you gave is incorrect cause you based it on TOTAL weight. There are two ways to determine a person's maintenaince level. The Harris-Benedict formula or multiplying a person's LEAN BODY MASS by 15. The 137 pound figure is meaningless cause it doesn't convey the person's lean body mass. Also, I'm curious to know where you get the 1200 calorie figure from. It is a mistake to apply a single number to everyone. Each person has their own minimum which is determined by either reducing the result of the Harris-Benedict calculation by 20% or by multiplying lean body mass by 12.

Froggie98, I would suggest you do morning cardio if you're not already. This is the best at reducing abdominal fat. Also figure out what your maintenaince caloric level is. Until you do that, you have no way of knowing if you're taking in too few or too many calories.

Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I was just in a bad mood. I have heard that the last few pounds takes the longest.

Everything just seems so bleak when I think about food sometimes. I really want pizza or something- I have not eaten anything that bad for me in a couple of months. I did have a burger and fries about a month ago, though.

I snacked today on peanuts because the protien bar I ate did not satisfy me at all. In fact, it was gross.

Anyway, it's just one of those weeks in which everything seems crappy.

Closed Thread