It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #1

PeppaAnne13 HB User
Post 5am wakeup and the lovely snooze button

Every morning I try and wakeup at 5am to work out. Yet every day my alarm goes off and i hit that famously used snooze button. I HATE the fact that i cant get motivated ( i checked yesterday and I'm back to my old weight ) I just need an idea of how to get up in the morning. I get so fustrated lately and half the time I end up even more depressed than I started.I dont normally ask for help on this board, normally I just comment and go on my merry way, but this time I need the help.
HELP

Peppa

Old 05-29-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hey kris!

its fine to need help hon. can u exercise@any other time?

(((((kris))))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 06:46 PM   #3

swtnjkitti HB User
Hi Peppa:

I know exactly what you mean. I too set my alarm for 5am and there are days that I just can't get up. Here is a suggestion: Place your alarm clock away from the bed so that you have to get up to turn it off. My problem is getting out of bed. Once my feet touch the floor I am good to go. Commit to your self so many days a week to work out. Do this for you! Trust me getting it done 1st thing in the morning can work wonders for your energy and spirits. My co-workers always know when I workout in the morning because I am in such a good mood and full of energy.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Mercedes

Old 05-29-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi Peppa! I have a suggestion that worked for getting myself out of bed, but it might not work if you live alone (do you?). I used to set my alarm clock on the other side of the room, so I'd have to get out of bed to turn it off. With other people in the house, I didn't want it blaring away & waking them up, so I'd jump out of bed as soon as I heard it so I could shut it off. Kind of a lousy way to wake up, but it worked. Before that, I used to have to set 3 alarm clocks to finally get my butt moving. Putting one across the room was my last resort, and it worked. Now I've finally gotten into the habit of getting up early, so I just have one clock sitting on my night table. Good luck!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 05-29-2003, 07:06 PM   #5
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Peppa: Aren't we all guilty of that at one time or another??? I have a hard time getting out of bed when the hubby is home! LOL Nothing kinky--it's just with him working all hours; we don't get to sleep together every night. And there's something about snuggling with the honey for as long as possible in the morning! Know what I do? I get up at 5 am; walk from 5:30-6:30--then, if my hubby is home; I crawl back in bed (workout clothes and all)to snuggle for another half hour or so!!! Luckily; it's cool in the morning (either that or I'm not walking fast wnough) so I don't work up too much of a sweat and stink him out of bed!!!LOL

Anyway; back to the original problem. Setting your alarm clock away from the bed is a good idea. And I find that even if I am sleepy when I get up; by the time I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and wash my face--I've pretty much woken up!!!! Or, maybe you need to get to bed earlier if you are a night owl like me!!!!

Jen

Old 05-29-2003, 07:16 PM   #6

PeppaAnne13 HB User
Thanks you guys! I truly appreciate all of your hints and imput, tomorrow morning they'll be put to use and that is a definite promise.
I think I'm going to get up and do my tae bo tape and then later tomorrow night at work i'm gonna buy that Darrins Dance Groove's tape. Its a video that shows the coreoraphy(sp?) to N'sync, Jordan Knight's and Britney's videos. I think I'll enjoy it, I like dancing and grooving alot more than walking on the tready. Half the time I fall asleep on there and end up flying off...not fun.
Anyway keep the encouragements coming cause my behind needs em!

Peppa!

Closed Thread