It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 06:13 AM   #1
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Smile What's gotten into me?!!

OMG, I am SOOO pumped up today, I'm bouncing off the walls! What the heck has gotten into me? I wish I wasn't at my office - I swear if I was at home right now I could probably do all 4 Taebo tapes and then get on my treadmill, that's how pumped up I am.

Have any of you ever had a day like this? I never did in the past, but could it be due to the weight I've lost (just 10 pounds)? I'm in a great mood because I was able to lose a pound since yesterday even though I went out to dinner last night, so I'm sure that's got something to do with it. I'm no longer taking diet pills of any sort, and haven't had any caffeine today, so those aren't the reasons for my energy surplus. But geez, I can't even concentrate on my job this morning!

I just want to run out of this office & go get some exercise, which I usually HATE doing. I just know I'm going to be watching the clock all day long, waiting for a chance to get off my butt & work out. Good lord, those are words I never thought I'd be saying!

Am I completely losing it?!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif This is going to be a LONG day!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 05-30-2003, 06:23 AM   #2

sourpatch HB User
Thumbs up

uve earned it i say go home

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 06:26 AM   #3
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Houdini: I'm not sure what gave you so much energy, but enjoy it while it lasts! I was like that last night (must have been that bologna sandwich--LOL)Anyway; I got alot accomplished and just couldn't seem to quit! I love that feeling; don't you???

Jen

Old 05-30-2003, 06:27 AM   #4
Inactive

Houdini HB User
LOL, Sourpatch! Sure wish I could, but I don't think anyone would appreciate it when I didn't show up for the afternoon meeting I've scheduled!

Jen - Glad to know this has happened to someone else. Must be you ate some super-bologna! You're right, it's a great feeling!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 05-30-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 05-30-2003).]

Old 05-30-2003, 07:45 AM   #5
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Houdini: Thats how I feel since I went to the gym this morning. I FEEL so good. As soon as I get through checking the boards, I'm OUTSIDE! I may even ride my bike . . .double exercise. . . I feel this good EVEN THOUGH those 2 pounds that I gained have NOT BUDGED . . .

YOU DESERVE TO FEEL good. . .Just don't go jogging around the room during the meeting that you scheduled . Ha! Ha!

I doubt anyone would understand but US!!

GOOD FOR YOU ON THE WEIGHT LOSS. . I THINK THAT I'M BACK ON THE WAGON EVEN THOUGH AF IS JUST RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 05-30-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
cool! i wish i felt that way

Old 05-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Houdini,

If you figure out what gave such a rush, could you tell us? I hate working out and keep looking for ways to make myself excited about it.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:35 PM   #8
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by DonutsNCoffee:
Houdini,

If you figure out what gave such a rush, could you tell us? I hate working out and keep looking for ways to make myself excited about it.
I'd love to share, but I have no idea what's making me feel this way today! I normally HATE working out too, but I just have so much energy today that I feel like I NEED to work out to burn some of it off. Feels like it's bottled inside me & only a good workout can release it - weird, I know. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif I just hope I start feeling this way more often, because it will sure make the weight loss a whole lot easier!

------------------

- Will Rogers

Old 05-30-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
If you can maintain this high, I envy you. Whenever I hear someone say they like working out, I'm immediately suspicious. If it's a skinny girl saying it, I can't help but wonder if she's saying it so that no one will suspect she may have an eating disorder.

Jennifer Aniston is a perfect example of that. She was told to lose weight in order to get cast on Friends. Now people criticize her for putting forth an unhealthy image for young women. When asked to defend herself, she says that she just loves to exercise and can't stop. When I first heard that, I thought "Yeah right. You don't like it. You just do it cause your job and career depends on you staying skinny." I have more respect for the person who admits to hating exercise than the person who claims to like it, but if you truly grow to like it, that makes you incredibly lucky.

Closed Thread