It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 05:41 PM   #1

iamsassy HB User
Post Aspartame/Diet Soda

After reading postings about aspartame and diet soda stalling weight loss, I decided to try a switch. I have been drinking TONS of Tab (a diet soda made by Coca-Cola) for years, which contains aspartame, sodium & caffiene. I gave Diet Rite a try (has none of the ingredients) and like it. I have struggled with weight loss and will be curious to see if this helps. One thing I can say - it has only been a week away from all the nasty ingredients, but I also have major back problems and experience lots of pain every day. Since switching my choice of beverage, my pain has subsided tremdously!! I also have actually caught myself drinking more water.
What a positive change!!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 07:19 PM   #2

gretsky HB User
Hey that's great!! I switched from drinking Diet MtDew to water not too long ago, and not only do I feel better, but it's a lot cheaper too!

--gretsky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #3

ChiCkie03 HB User
yes i didn't believe when i heard it that diet soda isn't good for weight lost.. i guess i was kinda disappointed, but then i said to myself water taste better anyway so i switched. plus diet soda( diet 7 up is what i mainly drunk) has a after taste

Old 05-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #4

phee HB User
I have no idea the validity of this belief, but many of my European friends have contended for years that soda and diet sodas contribute heavily to the development of cellulite. Water is sooooo much better for you anyway.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #5
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
I have also stopped buying and drinking Sodas containing Aspartame.If I drink Soda,I drink Diet Rite.I drink more water than anything else.On hot days like today...who would want anything other than a tall glass of cold H2O!!

Old 05-30-2003, 06:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
In case you are looking for another alternative, I was just at the store and bought some Hansens diet soda.

They are aspartame, caffeine and sodium free, sweetened with splenda as the Diet Rite is with no preservatives

i bought Tangerine-Lime and Black Cherry, there are many other flavors as well, in case you are looking for a little variety.

Closed Thread