It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 11:51 AM   #1

web4mel HB User
Cool Disgusted and fasting

Been stalled for almost a week so I have decided I am fasting til I see some progress. I won't make a habit of it but since I haven't cheated by one calorie nor one gram and haven't missed one workout-I'm disgusted with my scale, which is OBVIOUSLY lying...lol!

So I am not eating any solid food til I see the scale start moving agian-even if it takes three days. I intend to drink a lot of water and 12 oz a day of skim milk while I am fasting, along with my vitamins. Drastic times call for drastic measures! Jamaica calls-for November, in a size 7-8 swimsuit-high cut, of course! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

When the going gets tough, the tough get fasting! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 05:09 PM   #2

Ravenna HB User
What diet are you using?
You're going to think I'm crazy, but for some diets like Atkins and Ketogenic diets it wouldd help you if you stopped the diet, got out of ketosis, then started again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 05:13 PM   #3

suga mama HB User
A friend who lives in Paris (and is model beautiful) gave me a book to read which contains good advice about fasting and the correct way to fast. It is called "The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity". It's more than just a book about fasting. It teaches the reader, among other things, what combinations of food work best in the body for optimal health. (Thereby, reaching your best weight). My husband lost 10 pounds within the first two weeks without dieting. Only changing the combinations of food he ate together. Hope this information helps. Good luch, and don't be discouraged.....you can do it! ~Dianne

Old 05-31-2003, 05:16 PM   #4

web4mel HB User
Lightbulb

What I am doing is 40-60 minutes of exercise daily plus a more active lifestyle (physically) and 9-1200 calories per day with low fat and reduced carbs. I use Diet Power to track my exercise and calories and nutrients and I use a lot of imagery and the diet power program for motivation, it includes inspiration and a daily diary/journal function.

I lost 32 pounds, and then stalled for the last 6 days. So I am jump starting myself by fasting. I have had milk today, every couple hours. I may do this one more day, depending on what I see on the scale tomorrow, which I am pretty sure will be additonal loss.

Closed Thread