It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 06:03 PM   #1
Inactive

lnofx HB User
Post What do you snack on?

Though I try not to obsessively count calories, I usually leave some for snacks during the day. Right now, I'm addicted to these sunflower seeds. A whole bag is just 160 cal and 13g of fat. What about you guys?

Old 05-29-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
I am on the low carb diet, so I eat zero carb brownies, zero carb chocolate bars, zero carb caramels, sugar free Jello with whipped cream, sugar free pudding made w/ whipping cream and half & half, Atkins banana nut muffins... the key is finding things you can have that have no carbs. But it doesn't sound like you're on the same diet so I probably didn't help you at all. But if any low carbers are reading this, then there you go. HAHA!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
OH! I forgot beef jerky and macadamia nuts! Those are great on low carb!

Old 05-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #4

swtnjkitti HB User
Well when I did Atkins I too snacked on Almonds & Cheese. Since I don't follow it anymore I have Motts applesauce, lite & fit yogurt make sure to drink lots of water when you have the urge to snack so that you don't eat as much. Oh and you can't go wrong with fruits and vegetables but I am sure you don't want to hear that. LOL

Mercedes

Old 05-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
Inactive

lnofx HB User
Thanks for the suggestions so far! I tried Atkins once, but I just couldn't stop my sugar cravings. Right now I'm doing low-fat, low-cal and that seems to be working out pretty well. lowfatfinder, could you plesae post some of those links?

Old 05-29-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by VegasGirl:
...I eat zero carb brownies, zero carb chocolate bars, zero carb caramels, ...
Yummy, VegasGirl! Where do you find these yummy treats with zero carbs? I did Atkins for a little while, but was desperate for snacks - wish I had known about these! I might consider trying again if I can get my hands on some of this stuff - share your secret, please!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 05-30-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
I snack on water. The problem with any kind of snack is that it's hard to stop eating, especially if you're in front of the TV or computer or sitting at your desk at work. That's why I just keep drinking water.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:35 AM   #8
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
I find that Sugar free jello tends to fill me up as a snack--must be the water content!

Old 05-30-2003, 06:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Here's a pretty cool site that has 100 snacks for under 100 calories.
[url="http://www.shs.unc.edu/library/articles/100snacks.html"]http://www.shs.unc.edu/library/articles/100snacks.html[/url]

Old 05-30-2003, 07:43 AM   #10

juicygrapes HB User
Talking

Hi Inofx,

Most important for me is taking the time to prepare snacks ahead of time for myself... so that I don't make poor snack choices when I am on the edge starvation!

I am not a "sweet" snack person... so I am generally looking for a small portion of protein for a snack. I am currently low-carbing and I find that a protein snack is more fulfilling than a piece of fruit or a bag of pretzels from the vending machine. Here are a few examples of what I like:

* a hard boiled egg
* a cheese stick (mozzarella or cheddar)
* a small portion of tuna fish
* a small handful of almonds

And of course, drinking a BIG glass of water with my snack helps to fill me up too!

Good luck!

Juicy http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

Old 05-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User
Houdini, I'd love to tell you but we're not allowed to post that kind of info here. I guess I can tell you that I get mine at a local health food store that carries low carb stuff and that would be ok. HAHA! Maybe you can call around to your local health food stores and see what kind of low carb or no carb stuff they have! There is so much out there available to us and it's SO GOOD!! Tonight I'm having a zero carb brownie covered in zero carb chocolate syrup and whipped cream! And I lose weight doing this, it's like a dream. HAHAHA!

Old 05-30-2003, 07:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
For the low carb people..pork rinds are a good alternative if you like chips as much as i do! There is a spicy version as well and they have 1g or less carbs per serving!
I just bought some macadamia nuts! What a treat!

Old 05-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #13

Aces67 HB User
I am on weight watchers and my new favorite snacks are 1 oz of 2% cheddar with some wheat thins, light n fit yogurt, or light n fit yogurt smoothies or those new Quaker oatmeal iced strawberry bites. YUM!

amanda

Old 05-31-2003, 07:26 PM   #14

Linda Hively HB User
I am on Weight Watchers and I am really into those new yogurt smoothies. They are sooooo good! Followed by a BIG glass of water they fill you up. Otherwise I will plan ahead for my snacks by putting little baby carrots in baggies. ( Raw veggies are great to take in the car) It's an easy way to get them in everyday. Or count out how many pretzels are in a serving and put them into little baggies. That way when I am starved I have a specific serving size of my goodies and I don't mindlessly eat out of a big bag. My downfall has been ice-cream EVEN THE LIGHT STUFF! I've found if I have a fudge bar or anything in a set serving size I do a lot better than self serving out of a container.
My husband says that's no self control.. But that's the way it works best for me.
Linda

Old 05-31-2003, 11:15 PM   #15
(female)

keren HB User

im not on the low carb diet but here are things i like snacking on..that can sometimes lead to overeating =\

oatmeal cookies
snackwell cookies
pretzels
pita chips or pita bread with hummus
toast
banana
pretzels, crackers, chips
animal crackers, graham crackers
ice cream
cereal bars
cereal
nutri grain bars
snack size chocolate bars - 3 musketeers, twix, kit kats, nestle crunch, milky way, snickers, etc etc etc

the list could really go on and on
those items are just on the top of my head

basically i like really crunchy things - whether it be hard cookies or chips/crackers..but i also like my soft snacks too..like cakes...hehe

Closed Thread