It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2003, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

rudymom HB User
Talking fasting anyone?

Hi! I am new to the board and trying to lost about 5 to 8 lbs. I am already on the lower weight side, but want to drop a few and clean up my eating habits. I seem to do the best cutting out the junk and eating lots of fruit and veggies and lean meats. Lots of salads too. I barely ever eat any white carbo products except for dessert or a treat here and there. I am fasting today to kinda jump start my diet. I may tomorrow as well seeing how hungry I am. Does anyone else do this? I tried the 48-hour miracle diet and got very sick from it by the first night. Too much glucose I think from the fruit juice. Today we are busy so I am somewhat able to keep going without eating. Any tips? I only plan on doing this two-days tops to clease the system and then start anew.

Old 06-01-2003, 01:39 PM   #2

suga mama HB User
The book "The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity" teaches a person how to detox through fasting. The author recommends a 7 day fast, 3 day fast, or a mini fast. I have only done the mini fast which consists of choosing one fruit and sticking with it for 3 full days. Red grapes are the best to detox your system. The book is an extremely useful tool so you understand how your body works and what is happening to your body during the fasting process. I usually lose around 5 to 6 pounds after a fast. (My normal weight fluctuates from 114 to 118). My friend has done the 7 day fast. After about the fourth day she says the hungry feeling goes away. I highly recommend the book before starting. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread