It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #1

yannick30 HB User
Wink The ketogenic diet has worked for me and i would like to share this diet with you

Hello everyone, i have been visiting this site for a while but never posted.

I have add great results following the Ketogenic diet.

Little feedback.

I used to have a very good physique, 5 feet 10 and around 185 pounds, i trained 5 days a week with weights and did some cardio. I never got my bodyfat below 12%, and did every diet around.

I stumble on the ketogenic diet, the book was called BodyOpus, by Dan Duchaine.

I add read some stuff on low carbing and protein diets, i actually did the protein diet in 1998 and add lost too much muscles mass.

I add never seen such a concept, i was all ready to try the diet and got a really bad lower back injury.

I squatted way to much weight around 405 pounds, my pelvic, sacrum and coccyx where in bad shape.

I did go to the chiro wish did nothing, and not to long ago went to the osteopath wish fixed me has good has new god bless that women.

In all that time i was over a year and a half on the bench, i didnt know what i add, pain in the lower back that didnt seem to go away, chiro never gave me a straight answer, even with x rays, so with all the stress, inactivity i went from 185 pounds to 225 pounds in a 4 month span.

Everytime i lifted something my back hurt for days on end. If i ran a bit or climbed up the stairs real fast my back would hurt. This lead to depression, and made me really aggressive.

One night before going out i was looking into my pants, i couldnt get into one of my pairs, i was to big, my gut was awful.

I decided to give the ketogenic diet a go even if its recommended that you weightlift and do cardio.

The first week i add lost 10 pounds, the second week 5 pounds and of course after the third week my weightloss slowed down but still i was able to lose around 20 pounds the first month.

That was 2 months ago, i am now at 190 pounds and my bodyfat is at 10%, i got back to the gym last month and now will be working on a new goal, reach the single digit bodyfat %.

The ketogenic diet is quit simple, its basically a low carb diet for 5 days and a carb-up for 2 days.

Typical diet would look like this:

Monday would be a weight training day to clear out the glycogen from the body and muscle has it would also be a low carb day.

Tuesday would be the same a weight training day and low carb.

Wednesday would be a low carb day no training

and the same for the rest of the week.

On Saturday you can start your carb-up, anything carbs eaten will be sucked up by the muscles, some of the weightloss during the week will come back but its only the fact that the muscles are getting glycogen and water in them, this will not be fat weight. All carbs for that day would be accepted, meaning that skittles and candy, cake and all the rest would be ok.

On Sunday you carb-up til 6pm at night but this is where you switch to better carb source, pasta, brown rice etc etc.

Couple of tips that have helped me true trials and errors:

Main goal is to get into ketosis ( your body will burn fat cells for energy and behing low carb your insulin never goes up so your in fat burning mode all the time.)

Crystal light and diet sodas do not affect ketosis, i dont like water but you will need to drink a lot, has on any diet. Thoses will give you a mental break and help you with sugar cravings.

Using Alpha Lionic Acid ALA during the carb-up phase will shuttle all the carb you eat directly into muscles.

I usually did a 12 hour carb-up at first, starting Friday and ending Saturday, i ate mostly junk food, now that i have lost a lot of weight and bodyfat i carb-up for 2 days.

This diet is great because it will make you lose weight but will eat up the fat beneith the skin to.

I have always add problems with fat under my abs and now i can see them for the first time.

Thats about it all eggs, bacon, cheese, tuna, mayo, red meat are permitted.

Some people will compare it to Atkins but Atkins doesnt have a weelky carb-up.

The carb-up will prevent any muscles loss.

Sometimes if you use to scale to monitor your progress you might get stalled, but you will still be losing weight, i got stalled at 200 pounds once but still losing bodyfat.

This diet will work without exercice, but for sure aerobic and weight training is strongly recommended. Usually a good cardio session on Sunday morning on a empty stomach ( thats what i did after my Saturday carb-up, usually popped in the tae-bo tape.) and Weight training on Monday got me into ketosis by last night on Monday or early Tuesday.

Now thats 4 full days of fat burning.

This diet is hard but thrust me it works a charme, you can always use it with a fatburner usually cycled 5 days and 2 days off like xenedrine.

Goodluck to all of you, i hope that this has helped some of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2003, 01:21 PM   #2

xloptuny HB User
What you're actually describing is the cyclical ketogenic diet which is very effective if your body fat is below 18% or so. [url="http://www.c-k-d.com"]www.c-k-d.com[/url] is a big community of people who use the method. I used ketosis (no carbup) and then CKD to lose around 40 pounds. I'd definitely also recommend it if you dont have any health problems.

Old 04-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #3

NewMe HB User
Question

if i may ask:
how long did it take you to lose the 40?
and
how long would you STAY in ketosis?

Old 04-11-2003, 01:59 PM   #4

yannick30 HB User
Thumbs up

Thank you very much for the link, the site is great.

You must have lost a tone of weight if you where always in ketosis.

I have lost around 30 pounds in 2 months plus like i said a lower % of bodyfat under the skin.

Old 04-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #5

cajun_mom HB User
I would love to talk to ya more about this. I have done Atkins in the past and thought often " I just need one day of rice!!" let me tell ya alittle about me. I am 27 female 5'3" I weight 166. I need to lose weight, but at the same time I would love to gain muscle. I read your diet on your post and got an idea of it. Low carbs for 5 days and "carb-up" on day 5 and 6?? What about exercise?? What days are better for cardio and weightlifting?

Sorry about all the questions, but this sounds like something I have been looking for. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-01-2003, 05:08 PM   #6
(female)

karen430 HB User
Can anyone tell me more about this please?? I am very curious after stumbling upon this. Thanks for any help

Closed Thread