It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #1
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Angry Plateau - Grrrr

I am stuck at 135. I was worried about how to know when to stop, but now I have stopped without wanting to!!

I have not lost any more weight for about 2 weeks. I guess I have been cheating a bit (a piece of cake here and there- so many parties!!) and slacking off on exercise- but that means working out once a day instead of twice like I have been!

I hope I haven't screwed my body up into thinking that it needs a serious calorie deficit and exercising twice a day in order to loose weight.

I want to loose 5 more pounds. I can wear a size 6 or 8 now and I think if I loose 5 more I can wear a 6 all the time. 130 is what I weighed before I got married- I was 156 in April. I feel much better now that I am lighter, but I am still scared that I won't be able to loose any more or will gain....

Please help!!

Old 06-02-2003, 10:25 AM   #2

SWAT911 HB User
The BEEEST way to break through it is to up your workouts/exercise. I don't know what you do twice a day, but just tack on an extra 15 minutes to each workout (more if you can) and you should be good to go. I promise this will work! Don't give up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #3

bhearn74 HB User
I would suggest some intensity training for cardio workout. The current june issue of Muscle Media has an article on Gnerialla Trianing. It is a type of cardio, that has you push yourself.

Or just do an typical intensity training cardio.

Here is the routine:

20 min cario - Sounds short but if done right is quite a work out and has more impact then just straight cardio.

Min 1&2 - 50% intensity
Min 3 - 60% intensity
Min 4 - 70% intensity
Min 5 - 80% intensity
Min 6 - 90% intensity
Mins 7-10 - repeat mins 3-7
Mins 11-14 - repeat mins 3-7
Mins 15-18 - repeat min 3-7
Min 19 - 100% intensity - This min should be real hard - you should feell liek you cant finsih during this min.
Min 20 - 50% intensity - to cool down.

Also be sure to be strength trainign. That will help wonders with losing the last bit of fat.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 06-02-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
That sounds like a great idea. I usually walk (fast) about 2.5 miles in the morning and then do one of several things after work- biking, roller blading, aerobics class, DDRMax (it's a dance game for Playstation- really fun!!!! Yes, I am 27 and own a playstation!). I also lift weights every other day or so.

I could add 15 min to my after-work workout; I'll try that! Thanks!

Old 06-02-2003, 11:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Hey I'm also 27 and I own a Playstation. I stop playing games though. Now I just use it to play movies.

I've also hit a plateau in my weight loss. I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks. And I'm pretty sure I can't add more exercise. I bike for 1 hour every morning at 17mph. In the evening 6 days a week, I lift weights and then jog for 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure I'm not eating too much. The only thing I've been doing to try and get out of this is to gradually increase the intensity of both my biking and jogging to see if that helps. This morning I was biking at 18 mph and I now jog at 6.5 mph. I have a big trip planned at the end of the month and even though I'm part of the summer weight loss challenge, I'd really like to reach my goal by the end of this month instead of the end of August. It would be so nice to finally get rid of the love handles and belly.

Old 06-02-2003, 11:46 AM   #6

SWAT911 HB User
Quote:
And I'm pretty sure I can't add more exercise.
Donuts, you "CAN'T" add more exercise...like 15 minutes? I don't see any reason why you couldn't unless you are just completely maxed.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Bryan, I'm pretty sure I'm not doing too much. If that were the case, there would be other signs such as a weak immune system, being tired, and excess soreness. I feel better than I've ever felt so I know I'm not taxing my body. As for intensity, the morning cardio is low intensity. The weight training is high intensity and it's followed up by low intensity jogging to burn stored fat. So even though it adds up to 2 hours per day, it's not really that much.

SWAT911, I can't add more time. I already get up at 5:00 to do 60 minutes of cardio and my evening workout consists of 45 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of jogging. That's over 2 hours per day. I'd say any more than that would be too much. Besides I think increasing the intensity would be better than adding more time.

Old 06-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #8

bhearn74 HB User
But try an high intensity workout to change up things....It might help with your platuea....Just a suggesttion...Didnt mean to seem rude or anythign on my post

Old 06-02-2003, 01:02 PM   #9
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Thank you all for the replies. I think part of my problem is that I am so tired of thinking about dieting all the time. I knew this would happen!!!! I just hope I can stick with it somewhat. I will still keep working out and eating healthy foods, but there is less motivation to do so now, since I have lost most of the weight I wanted to.

I will simply have to find other ways to motivate myself. Some days, though, I just don't have time or don't want to get up at 5 AND work out later in the day.

Anyway, I will keep plugging away and hope that I can drop the last few, even if it takes a while.

Closed Thread