It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #1

Kitty4100 HB User
Red face I NEED To lose WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, im a 16 year old female im 5'1 1/2, 110lbs, i ware a size 5 and my measurments are 36-27-36, and my thighs are 20", I need to lose weight i dont have a flat stomach and i dont have a space between my legs and ive had cellulite on my *** and on the back of my thighs for as long as i can remember. Ive tryed throwing up my food but i cant i even tryed useing my toothbrush and that didnt work. Does anyone know how i can lose weight and get in shape PLEZZZZZ HELP......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 09:11 PM   #2

World's Finest HB User
First of all Kitty, dont ever try to throw up after eating. Its a disease and it can cause tooth decay. You only weigh 110 pounds. That is not fat. You may want to lose weight but I think you have a distorted body image of yourself. Its wrong. You sound angry. I think you need to address the issues that cause yourself to feel this way before doing anything else. Secondly, let your doctor determine if you need to be places in a diet. Also, I have a secret that causes weight loss. Its eating healthy and exercising. You should so cardio and weight training at least 5 times a week to get lean and to increase muscle mass. Once you firm and tone up yourself, the extra weight on the thighs and stomach will melt off. More importantly, you'll feel better about yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

MzDietQueen HB User
Excellent advice World Finest!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. (smile) Kitty, please listen to your diet elders. We won't steer you wrong.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi Kitty,

If you're wearing a size 5 it doesn't sound to me like you need to lose weight. If you don't like the way your body looks, maybe you should try toning up with some exercise? It can make a huge difference in your appearance, even if you don't lose a single pound!

Maybe a some cardio and/or weight training 3-4x/week - that's really not a tough schedule to stick to, once you make it a habit.

Throwing up is definitely not the thing to do, for lots of reasons. Once you stop, you'll gain the weight back right away. And you can do SO much damage to your body by doing this - it really isn't worth the risk. Please do some internet searches so you can learn about the horrors of bulemia & anorexia. Also check out the "eating disorders" section on these boards - you may find some info there (I'm not sure because I've never checked). I'm hoping the info you find will scare you into never considering this again.

Good luck to you, and stay healthy!!!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 05-30-2003).]

Old 05-30-2003, 06:58 AM   #5

Mtn.mama HB User
Hey girl!!!! please take the advice you have been given!!!!! my very best friend since kindergarten died at the ripe age of 29, and guess what? she was bulemic {sp}. what you are saying is completely insane!!!! and it hurts me to even think about it. sorry if i come off a little rude and mean but you are 16 not 6, you know that what you are doing is stupid and you also know that the only thing you need to do is get off your *** and exercice. i am normally not this touchy about anything but this story you had to tell hit way to close to home. and by the way my very best friend WAS, before she died, 5"9" and weighted 115. good luck to you in whatever you decide to do, only know that just because i haven't a clue as to who you are doesn't mean me or for that matter anyone in the world, wants to see something bad happen to you.....Mtn

Old 05-30-2003, 07:41 AM   #6
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
And remember: you are 16--not 60!!! You may still be growing. I don't think with your weight, height and measurements that it would be very healthy to try to lose weight. Focus more on toning up; and eat healthy! I'd give anything (well almost anything) to be 16 again! You have your whole life ahead of you; don't put it in danger by doing something as stupid as "throwing up" to lose weight. I've seen some pretty scary movies about what that can do to people.

Jen

Old 05-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #7

forevermom HB User
Kitty:

You've gotten good advice. Just to add to it: Please try to avoid any extreme weight loss measures, as they frequently lead to misery and weight GAIN in the long term.

I tried bulimia when I was sixteen and it became a habit for many years. My weight yo-yoed crazily all through my twenties, and in retrospect I attribute it to my radical weight loss attempts, which resulted in a series of "starve" and "binge" cycles.

I know it's hard because you have some weight that you would like to get off NOW. But, based on the info you gave us, you are at a nice weight for your height. If you try to lose weight, please do it in moderation so you won't mess up the beautiful body you have right now.

Best wishes,
Forevermom

Old 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM   #8

Kitty4100 HB User
Talking

All you guys are so nice and im gonna try and get in shape. And i was just wondering has any one hered of that toning for teens, and does it work? Tanks alot..

Old 06-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #9
(female)

NCgirl1986 HB User
Hey Kitty, I have a similar problem as you do. I'm 17 and wear like a size 3-5 but i have a stomach and rolls of flab on my back. It's aggravating. I'm 5'3" and weigh about 115 pounds. This summer I'm going to try to exercise and do the diet thing. Last summer I weighed around 140 and lost 25 pounds. I did the Salad thing. And I got results. Basically I'm going to eat salads, stop the sweets, and eat more vegetables. It worked last summer hopefully it'll work this summer. Maybe losing about 10 more pounds will get those rolls off my back and flatten up my stomach a lil bit. But last summer when i dieted, i didn't exercise at all. So maybe exercising this summer will speed up the process.

Closed Thread