It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 2!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Old 06-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
here are my stats:

79 k/150

[This message has been edited by andreaphilip3 (edited 06-02-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #3
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Good to see you back lady... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Hope all is well.

Dee

Old 06-01-2003, 08:03 PM   #4
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
DEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! i missed ya gf! wassup!? thanks so much for the welcome back

Old 06-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Guess what I did today.....LOL

I thought of yall and my joke I posted about Sham-moo.

I went out today on the lake in my bathing suit.
I like mine it is shorts and a top.The kind of top that covers the belly like a tank top sorta.I dont think anyone will have nightmares over seeing me but Oh My some of the things I saw...
It was a big plus also that I had started tanning too.

Thought I would share with ya...

Old 06-02-2003, 04:06 AM   #6

theoldhouse HB User
I'm off to a good start!!

Goals for this challenge:

Consume one gallon of water daily.
Exercise daily (willing to allow myself 5 non-exercise days throughout the whole challenge).
Keep food intake moderate.
Weight loss goal will be 20 lbs. Current weight 259.
Post progress daily.

Sunday - Day 1

Consumed one gallon of water.
3 mile WATP.
Food intake excellent.

Wishing everyone the very best of luck!!!!

Carol

Old 06-02-2003, 04:48 AM   #7
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Good Morning Andre and Dee! Glad to find you. Good morning to everyone else too!

The board seems to be getting larger . . . .

Well I'm off to a good start today. I did start the Mayo diet in the middle of the day on Friday. I've eaten breakfast (which is something I NEVER do). Eggs and bacon - ummmmm! Actually pretty good.

Also AF arrived and I'm back at the DARN 182 mark...I was at 179 and then woke up yesterday to a whopping 182 overnight. I'm getting so frustrated, but I'm STICKING to it and I'm gonna do this! I've got to. This morning my belly feels like its got jelly rolling around in it.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif I'm going to beat this!

I'm fixing to go the gym and at least it will make me feel better once I exercise. Perhaps I'll SWEAT off a pound or 2 - Ha! HA! Not as long as AF is here!

I'll check in later!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-02-2003, 05:36 AM   #8
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Good morning!!!

Today is the day I'm officially starting this challenge, since it actually started on the weekend (I don't diet on weekends ). This is going to be a tough week for me, though. Hubby & I have a huge pig roast at our house every June (had about 300 people last year & expecting AT LEAST that many this year ). This Saturday is the big day, so this week will be stressful with all the last-minute preparations - cleaning, cooking, setting up tents & picnic tables, setting up a stage for the band, yard work, etc. Every year I ask myself why we keep doing this! But it's actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm going to be very busy this week & grabbing food here & there when I can, rather than eating regular meals, so keeping track will be difficult. I'm probably going to either have too much to eat, or not enough. But I'll definitely do my best to stick with my workouts. If I don't do well food-wise, I'm going to try not to let it bother me, because I'll be back into my normal routine next week & if I gain this week I'll get over it.

Wish me luck making it through the week! Have a great day, everyone!

AP, Welcome back - we missed you! But Peppa did a great job covering for you! (Thanks, Peppa!)

SM - congrats on being able to wear your bathing suit on the lake!!! I'm hoping to be able to say that very soon!

Whirl - I know whatcha means about the AF weight gain... I was up 1.5 pounds this morning because of that. Never fear - next week we'll feel like we lost a whole bunch of weight!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-02-2003, 06:25 AM   #9

musicluver HB User
hey everyone,i'm starting the summer weight loss challege today since i forgot it started yesterday:P,i'm currently at 155,i plan to get down to at least 135,good luck everyone!
Music

Old 06-02-2003, 06:57 AM   #10

ohsillygirl HB User
Talking

hello all. I'm gonna start my diet "AGAIN" today. I've been super bad over the weekend. Wish me luck. I really want to do this, and I know with all of your support I can do this. Come on guys...I need some motivation! Here are my stats.

168 currently
130 is my GOAL!!!!!!

Good luck to Everyone

Old 06-02-2003, 07:11 AM   #11

Mtn.mama HB User
AP---so glad to hear from you again! how ya doin'?

Dee---you are such a catbird!LOL! you ought to see my bathing suit, it looks like a 90 year old womans! has the skirt attached to the waist(which is a good thing for now!)it's blue w/ pink&purple flowers(BIG flowers). it wasn't something i bought, our home was burnt to the ground this past october and it was something that was donated to me, i ain't buying one until i can but a 2 piece(a respectful 2 piece), the hubbie wan't me to but a thong suit,yea right!!!

carol---sounds like a good plan, you'll kick this things butt...easy!

whirl---you go sweat it off girl!you can do it! it'll be over soon,so don't worry about it!

music---20 pounds...no problem! if you stick around here with all these great, wonderful, caring, supportive...need i say more...?

i am having a really good day...can you tell? i hope i can finish out the week like this! good luck to all of you!....Mtn.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:15 AM   #12
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Good morning friends! How is everyone today???

Andrea: welcome back hon! Missed you lots!!!

Worldsfinest: I know what you mean about the exercise slump. Every so often I go through this phase where I just can't motivate myself to exercise. But it usually only lasts a short time. I've just recently started my wiehgt lifting routine again (like on Sat) and since then I've been back into the groove. I'm actually going to do it right after I'm done posting. Maybe you just need to find something different to do. OR something that doesn't seem so much like exercise: go rollerskating, bike riding, hiking, just try to move more.

MtnMama: The scale and I have developed a personal relationship--it has become part of my daily routine! I get up in the morning; I visit the bathroom; next stop--the scale! It is frustrating when you don't see any progress for a while; but on the other hand--it does keep you in check. Think of it this way--staying at the same weight is definately much better than watching the #'s go up, right??? I really should try to limit my visits with "the dreaded scale"!LOL But like I said--it does keep me in line!

While we're on the subject: the scale still reports that I'm holding steady at 145.8! Which isn't bad. I only started counting calories & stuff 3 days ago; and I didn't expect it to come off that fast. Atleast that's what happened several years ago when I lost 50 pounds doing what I am now. It seemed like it took a while to see any results--however, in the end I was amazed at the amount of weight I lost. I'm not expecting it to happen overnight!

I did very well this weekend with eating! I made my ham & mashed potato dinner last night but instead of eating lima beans; I opted for a fresh spinach salad. And I even budgeted in a small sliver of pumpkin pie and later in the evening--about 1/4 cup of mint choc. chip ice cream! It feels great to eat foods that I like (some that would be forbidden on most "diets") and still be able to say I'm losing weight. It's all about budgeting and allowing yourself the occasional treat! For me; occasional will only be on the weekends--not during the week. It'll be like my reward!

This morning I had a bowl of cereal w/skim milk and a banana! I can't tell you how long it's been that I've had that for breakfast! Lunch is going to be tuna salad (made with hb egg and fat-free mayo)- no bread. Not sure about dinner--probably leftovers. Maybe chicken parmesan and spinach salad. Although I'm not being "Atkins strict" with my carbs; I am managing to keep them below 120 most days. And it's surprisingly easy! I though that maybe once I increased my carbs after doing Atkins that I would have these monster cravings--but that just isn't happening.

As for exercise; I've been doing pretty good there too! I'm getting ready to go do my weight workout. I did it for the first time on Sat. and yesterday I could definately feel it! But, I could also feel & see my muscles again so it was worth it! But my thighs were so sore from lunges and squats; it hurt to walk up the stairs! And my chest--under my arm pits hurt from the weights as well. I know that I didn't overdo it; I'm just not used to it anymore. It will get easier! But I've got to keep at it!

And if I don't force myself to get off my butt (and this computer)now.....I'm afraid it won't get done! So, as much as I would love to sit here longer and chat with all of you--I must go!!!! I'll be back later to report my progress though! In the meantime; I'm sending lots of motivation and love out to all my buddies!!! Have a good one!

Jen

Old 06-02-2003, 07:19 AM   #13

piesmom HB User
Wink

Hi everyone, I am also in this challenge. I am currently at 176. My goal weight is 125. I started dieting on 4/24/03. I weighed 194. The weekends are the hardest, because with the kids and the husband being home. I do not watch as hard them. Good luck everyone!!!

Old 06-02-2003, 07:42 AM   #14

BEGALILLY HB User
Hey everyone!! I'm ready to get started!! I am currently at 130. My goal for the summer is to hit 115(my goal) and maintain!!! I'm gonna work hard for it. Never thought I would get this close!!! Take care all!!

Nikki

Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys!!!!!!

yall are the best! thanks for all the hugs& warm welcomes! i hope yall know how much i missed ya?!!!!! and yes, i knew betwen peppa and DP youd be in great hands so 1x again, thank you both!

sm: glad u were proud of yr suit. u go girl!!!!

jen: youre on a roll! looks like ya got it all planned out.good girl! i know what ya mean about the scale, lol.

big shouts to music, silly,& mtn! im glad im not alone in startin over today! lets do it!!!!!
whassup lily? u can do it!

pies: i hate weekends too& im usually a bit looser... im sorry to say yesterday i was a lil too loose& am also up 1.5 like houdini. lets hang in there ok houdini? im a lil upset cuz my goal is 8-10 a month&@2 days til end of week 2 like i said, instead of bein dn almost 2, im up almost 2 so im thinkin im not gonna make it this week cuz id have to lose like 3 lbs. by wed. oh well. im not givin up!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by andreaphilip3 (edited 06-02-2003).]

Closed Thread