It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #1

microelvis2000 HB User
Question How long on any diet (Slimfast etc) to get results?

1 week for slimfast for 2 lbs, how can one stomach that stuff? I hate the shakes, the bars are better but so boring. Is it worth it, does it work? How long should one be on it, until goal is reached? Other diet users, how long do you stay on, or is everyone surfing from diet to diet whilst exercising _ x a week, and diet pills or no?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 06:44 AM   #2

SWAT911 HB User
Personally, I think you are better off going on a low carb, low fat (not Atkins) and high protein diet.

Eat things like chicken, fish, fresh vegetables, etc....

SLIM FAST is VERY high in carbs and from what I have seen it takes even longer to lose if you are on the dairy-based drinks (the chocolate or vanilla). Personally, I couldn't stand the orange-pineapple...I lost some weight, but it came back immediately after stopping the drinks.

I'd go buy what I said earlier and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE. That's your key.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #3
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I agree... there are far better plans out there than slim fast. Keep in mind, whatever gameplan you choose, be prepared to stick with it for life. Slim fast is not a life plan as far as I am concerned. Those shakes are loaded with sugar... If you want to do a "shake" type plan, look at EAS or Myoplex low carb shakes, they are good and not loaded with crap. Any healthy plan will set you on a course for 1.5-2 lbs per week, but you will only see optimal results (inches and fat lost) with exercise and healthy eating (as well as water and proper supplements)... Just MHO Good luck!

Old 06-03-2003, 12:48 PM   #4
Inactive

u2girl HB User
Goincrusin hit the nail on the head. I think so many of us want to lose weight quickly and find a quick fix not realizing that the changes made have to be a lifestyle change. With warm weather coming up, the pressure is on. I just started taking Xenadrine EFX (ephedra free version) because I felt I needed a booster. I personally don't feel there is anything wrong with taking supplements as long as they are not harmful to your health.

I have lost over 30 lbs in the past 5 months and the way that I did it was by:

1) Cutting down the fat
2) Exercising (weights and cardio) 5-6 times per week
3) Water, Water, Water (up to a gallon per day)

That is the gist of what I have been doing. I've been a slacker lately, so my weight loss has slowed, but for a long time, I was averaging 2 lbs per week, which was great!

Anyways, I honestly believe that your diet makes up 80% of the weight loss equation. You can exercise till the cows come home, but you will not see significant losses until you get your nutrition under control. Personally, I could not stand those SF shakes. I basically ate a Low-Fat diet to lose those 30+ lbs. I am now switching over to a hybrid of the high-protein diet (not atkins) and interested to see how that works.

I will keep you guys posted.

U2girl

Old 06-03-2003, 09:39 PM   #5

microelvis2000 HB User
how long did you exercise per day, and were you getting results doing the same thing without the pills? thanks for the tips!

Closed Thread