It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 11:18 AM   #1
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Post For those who have tried BOTH Taebo & The Firm

Those of you who have used the Billy Blanks Taebo tapes & The Firm... which do you prefer, and why?

Thanks!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-02-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I have both... and have used both for long periods of time. Hard question to answer as they are two different workouts... I like to integrate them... Taebo gives you a more aerobic workout, while the Firm gives you a little more strength training. I think they are both excellent workouts... neither better than the other, just different. I know this doesnt help at all... you will get a butt kicking workout from either one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
Inactive

u2girl HB User
Hi,

I swear by the FIRM. I have been working out consistently since January and while I still have a long way to go with weight loss, I have toned up really well. I still have more bodyfat then I would like, but when I lose that bodyfat, I will have muscle waiting and that is so exciting to me.

Just like the other person said, Taebo and FIRM are so different. Taebo is cardio and FIRM is strength training. It depends on your goals. I really don't like Taebo. I firmly believe that you should do whatever you enjoy. Don't make yourself do something you don't really like just because it promises results. You won't stick with it.

HTH

U2girl

[This message has been edited by u2girl (edited 06-02-2003).]

Old 06-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #4

mishka1111 HB User
Wink

I have to agree with you on that!!
Find something you like to do & do it!!
I have the Firm tapes from way back then & they do work, but obviously I got bored & stopped using them & weight found me again.
The Taebo tape is ok, I would rather be in a real martial arts class, because that is what I am accustom to.
I knew this girl that did it & she lost inches.

Old 06-03-2003, 02:19 PM   #5

arhazeleyes HB User
I have both sets of these tapes. I found that Tae-Bo was too fast for me. I try to do the Firm ones 2-3 times a week, but find the lunges/squats kind of difficult. I agree, you do need to find an exercise that you enjoy and can stick with. I found that WATP works for me.......granted, it's low impact, but after doing the 3 mile, I have worked up a good sweat and feel really good.

------------------
I'm TOO blessed to be stressed!!

Old 06-04-2003, 05:15 AM   #6
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I might pick up The Firm and alternate them with my Taebo workouts. I like the Taebo, but don't like to do the same type of workout every time. Sometimes I use my treadmill or my WATP video, but they're getting boring because I've used them so much lately. So I'll move on to Taebo & The Firm for awhile. Wish me luck!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Closed Thread