It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 08:40 AM   #1

annes73 HB User
Unhappy Fell off the 'counter'?!

Well, i did the 'fat fast' for 2 weeks and lost 10lbs! very exciting! Thought I would introduce some'sugarfree' treats like sugarfree cookies etc and found that once I start eating them I can't stop!!! Very frustrating! I ate 3 sugarfree ice cream bars just this morning!!!! This is terrible. I thought it would satisfy my sweet cravings I get during PMS (now!) and obviously I have no self control even with these foods. I guess I will go back to the fat fast tomorrow. Maybe I should start now! Help please! I need support. I was doing so well and don't want to blow it now! I ha lost 65lbs and only have 20lbs to go so please help!
H-5'5" F

Old 06-04-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
The fat fast is a good plan for quick and temporary loss.... I have done it before special occasions but it is not a life plan and the weight will come back. Your body starts to "resent" you and then you will gorge your face off with the first sign of real food... that is the gimmick in so many of these fad diets. My suggestion would be to go on a healthy modified program... with only 20 lbs to go, you can lose that pretty quick rather than yo-yo'ing it. If you lose 20 on the fat fast, you will gradually gain it back and be in the same position you are in now... if you lose it more gradual, safe and healthy, then you will find you keep it off longer... Just my opinion... I think your weight loss has been great! Don't let one slip discourage you, just get back on it... I would just consider something not so dramatic... good luck and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 03:49 PM   #3

Julie-K HB User
Smile

What a star you are! And an inspiration!
as goin cruisin said don't let one slip discourage you!
You have done so well and are so close to your goal YOU CAN DO IT!
Let us know how you are going?
Jules

Old 06-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #4

annes73 HB User
thanks...Eating"healthy" is fine once I am at my goal weight. I am on thyroid replacement and have a very slow metabolism. I don't plan on doing the fat fast for any length of time, but I find that it jump starts my body and gets it into a fat burning mode. When I just 'watch what I eat' having the so called 'square meals' I normally will maintain or go up slightly so i know that will work once I am there it just isn't enough for me to lose the weight. I have been having these 'body resenting me' moments you mentioned and totally agree. That is why I thought the sugarfree treats would trik mself into thinking that I was having something forbidden when I wasn't. That really ackired because it sparked such a craving today that I completely omed. I feel awful now. Bloated and just gross! I will go back on the fat fast tomorrow to jumpstart again. Any other ideas to stop the big sweet cravings? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif
H-5'5" F

Old 06-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
anne,

congrats!! you can lose that last 20! im in the same boat wh troid only im not lucky enought o have meds so i have to rely on mega doses of kelp. i just upped the dose today to see if that helps cuz i gained 1.6 this week. grrr!!!!!!!

Closed Thread