It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #1

JKR HB User
Question Concerta/Methylphenidate For Weight Loss?!?!?

About 3 years I was 170 lbs. & 6 feet. At this time my dr started me on a maintenance medication to treat anxiety. Since than I have gained +65 lbs. In the past 3 years. This week I made an appointment with the dr to discuss my condition and worry. He offered me a prescription of Concerta 54MG and explained it was a stimulant that should help get the weight that I desired. He replied once I got to my ideal weight I could discontinue taking the medication. I had no idea what Concerta was and actually thinking at the time of the possible results and not the consequences. Iíve since learned that Concerta is a Class 2 Narcotic used with children and adults with ADD/ADHD; weight loss is an expected side effect. I was very shocked the first time I took the dose; it was like being on speed with 12 hours time release.

Iíd like to trust my dr but I have yet to find any information on this drug being prescribed for weight loss. When I returned to the pharmacy and talked with the pharmacist, he thought it was very unusual. Would anyone have any experience with Concerta or type of medication and have had success or horror stories?

[This message has been edited by JKR (edited 06-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread