It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2003, 08:48 PM   #1

Las70 HB User
Angry Why I think summer sucks!!!

Does anyone else hate summer? I mean isn't it bad enough that it's hot. But do we really need sweat dripping from places we didn't even know had sweat glands? I know...."sweating is good for you." Screw that...I'll take a nice cool A/C over a sweaty ***-crack anyday. ( It's gross I know, sorry ) But since we are already talking about asses. Do you think the Dept. store fitting rooms could find one more view of your butt that might make it look EVEN BIGGER???? Trying on a 1 piece bathing suit is like stuffing sausage....just a few thoughts bouncing around in my head. I have way too much time on my hands.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
I suppose it doesn't help that you live in Texas. I prefer spring to the summer. Summer just gets too hot and humid. If you walk anywhere, you'll be sweating after 10 minutes. If you ride in the car, you get sweat stains on the back of your shirt. The temperature makes you want to eat ice cream all the time, which ends up giving you acne and cavities. And you can't go outside unless you wear shorts and a t-shirt, but then you can't hide your flabby thighs and belly. That's why I'm working hard to get rid of my flab cause I'm sick of having to hide my flab and sick of being self-conscious about it when I wear shorts. At the rate I'm going, summer will be over by the time I'm ready to show off my new shape. The good thing is if I stick to this routine, I'll look great by next summer. But the hard part will be not eating extra in the winter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 12:17 PM   #3

Las70 HB User
I wouldn't complain either id I lived in a state with the word NORTH in it. Ha Ha Just kidding. But really how hot does it get over there? I know it is only June and we've already had heat indexes in the 110 range. I do like a tan but the electric beach will work for me. I may have to try a little sun if it improves your mood though. Hope that's true....I could use a little mood improvement since school is out and my girls are about to kill each other.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:48 PM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
We have had a couple of days where the heat index has climbed around 100 or so... believe me, it gets VERY hot in NC, and HUMID!!!!! But I would not move for anything, it is also probably one of the most beautiful states to live in... beautiful beaches and mountains... best of both worlds... I love it here, especially in the summer

Old 06-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #5

Darci HB User
I know what you all mean. I feel like the summer is the hardest time for me to get out and do anything physical. My best times are October thru May. Even though I live in Washington State It still gets hot here. I am not a hot loving person. I don't know where to live that would be colder or more wet. Maybe tha north pole or Alaska. I do my best to drink alot of water and to eat. I am getting over an inner ear problem too so I am weak and still trying to get over it. It takes time, but the heat does make my condition worse. Better go wish you luck this summer, d

Old 06-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #6

Linda Hively HB User
Goin Cruisin,
North Carolina has to be the BEST! My husband and I went down years ago when my sister had a house in the smokies and ever since that one time we were there my husband has said that is where we are going to retire.. The old men spitting in the spatoons at the auction were a memory I will never get out of my head. I'm in Wisconsin and it would be nice if we actually got summer this year! By the temps we have had lately it doesn't look like it's ever comming. I used to be a Sun Worshipper. I loved to lay out all day every day. But when the hormones change humidity is terrible. But Sun does make a persons mood much better!!
Linda

Old 06-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
LOL! I don't get to see to many spitoons in my area, but I love getting up to the mountains... it really is peaceful and the people are so nice. I really do love it here... the weather never gets too hot and the winters are not so bad either... Glad you enjoyed your visit! I know what you mean about sunshine... it is very good for the soul!! Take care

Old 06-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #8
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Wow you guys, I could never complain about hot weather (although maybe about humidity LOL) because I almost NEVER get to experience it. I live about as far north in NY as possible - I'm 1/2 hour from the Canadian border (Quebec), and about 1 hour from Montreal. Neither me or my hubby is originally from this area (I'm from western NY, he's from AZ), but we've been here for about 10 years and that's enough for me.

Some of the locals like to say we have 2 seasons here: 4th of July and Winter. Other locals say our 2 seasons are Black Flies and Winter. Either way, you get the picture - lots of winter! That's fine if you're into winter sports, but I don't ski any more, haven't been skating in years, and don't own a snowmobile. I love sledding, but never seem to find the time because I'm always shoveling or running the snow blower!

This winter we went something like 6 or 7 weeks straight with temps around -30F! And winter gets a little longer every year. When the sun finally warms things up, it lasts for only a couple of months, and we have to deal with SWARMS of tiny black flies & mosquitoes like you wouldn't believe.

It's frustrating because this is such a gorgeous area with the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Champlain... not to mention that most of our friends live here. But this winter was the final straw, and hubby & I have decided that within the next 5 years, we're outta here. Just can't take these winters much longer. Can't afford to move right away, so we've set a 5 year goal.

We're planning a motorcycle trip late this summer to start scouting out some other areas, like VA, NC, SC and TN. Can anyone tell me anything about the climate in VA? I keep hearing how humid NC & SC are... is it that bad throughout those states? TN sounds nice, but I'd like to be within 3-4 hours of the coast if possible. Anyway, for the next couple of years, we're going to take a trip each summer to check out some of these areas to see what we think. Hopefully we'll experience the worst of their summer weather, so we'll know what to expect. I'd like to be somewhere that has 4 seasons, but not where the coldest one lasts 9 or 10 months! And I'd like to avoid EXTREME humidity & killer storms... who wouldn't?!! Hope we find Paradise!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #9
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
It really is not terribly humid here... not like in other places... we for the most part, have great weather! Virginia will be a little cooler, and you will love it! Great mountains and perfect for a bike trip! Good luck and have fun!

Old 06-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
Hey Houdini...just thought I would let you in some on VA. I grew up in Roanoke,VA and moved back to CA (born here) when I went to college (USC-Go Trojans!)
Anyway..it is humid there as well. The winters are mild though compared to some states. I dont remember it ever being below 0. It can be in the teen during the day but rare. Sometimes there is only one or two snowfalls a year. Sometimes alot more. I think this past year was bad though. Summers are prob. 80-90's but high humidity.
It rains every few days or so (a lot compared to CA!)
For the most part VA is a very beautiful state. MY husband and I thought about moving back there this year (he fell in love with it when we went to visit my family), but we got cold feet...3000 is a long way to go if you arent totally sure. But the housing prices are great in comparison to here! Anyway..hope that helps some. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2003, 06:48 AM   #11
Inactive

Houdini HB User
GoinCrusin & Snoopy63,

Thanks for your input on NC & VA! Sounds like they both have possibilities for us. Ideally I'd like to be max 3-4 hours from the coast, and maybe an hour or so from a large city (I like living in smaller towns, but shopping in the big ones!). Oh well, like I said - hopefully we'll find our Paradise!

Thanks again!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-04-2003, 06:56 AM   #12
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
Hey! I am 1.5 hours from the beach And about 3 hours from the mountains... I am in Raleigh, which is really not a "big city" by any means, but it is one of our bigger ones... Lots to do here. I am centrally located and really love it. We can get up in the morning and head to the beach for the day... LOVE IT!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 10:40 AM   #13

Esperanza HB User
Normally, with the high price of electricity, I would agree with you all - but Chicago has been having the worst temperatures - it is as if we are in April - constantly raining and cold. I am looking forwars to being in my pool and exercising in it and getting a tan - I won't be doing that for at least another week.

I have been to the Carolinas - it is quite beautiful - but I am not so sure I would want to live there - the culture is so different than a midwesterner.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Esperanza:
I have been to the Carolinas - it is quite beautiful - but I am not so sure I would want to live there - the culture is so different than a midwesterner.
I know this is off-topic, but how exactly is it different? I'm also a midwesterner. Never lived anywhere else.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:31 AM   #15
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I was wandering the same thing... I have traveled extensively, and while the climates are very different... I don't know many other differences. I know there are great differences between the south and living up North... but I love being out West as the people remind me of the people here Don't get me wrong, I happen to love Northerners too!!!!

Closed Thread