It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 08:43 AM   #1

arhazeleyes HB User
Post Headaches??

It's me again!
As some of you already know, I've lost approx 13 lbs since April 27.........YIPPEE!!
I was going to try the Slim-Fast plan, you know....to kinda help speed things along. Started out Monday morning just fine, and just had one shake that day. But after Tuesday's shake, I have started having headaches that come and go. Could Slim-Fast have caused them? I also started (this week) exercising in the MORNINGS before work......could that be it?? Also, how do you know if your body is in starvation mode or not?

------------------
I'm TOO blessed to be stressed!!

Old 06-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
What are you eating other than slim fast? make sure you are eating enough food. also, could it be caffeine withdrawal? the exercise should not be causing headaches, but it is always possible. Are you drinking enough water? As far as starvation mode, as long as you are eating, you should not be in starvation mode... let us know what you are eating during the day and maybe that will help... also, make sure you are taking plenty of vitamins... i have always been leary of slim fast... maybe try switching to a healthier shake like Myoplex... don't know if that would help or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #3

arhazeleyes HB User
I only did Slim-Fast Monday and Tuesday, one shake each morning. I really stopped b/c they were TOO sweet and just didn't taste right.
I never drank a lot of soda, and yes, I drink AT LEAST 64 oz of water every day. (part of it is that Sam's Choice Clear American carbonated water, that comes in different flavors.......the label shows ALL zero's)
Here is what I eat in a typical day:
B: nutri-grain bar; crystal light pink lemonade or water
S: low fat graham crackers; water
L: Healthy choice grilled chicken and pasta dinner, chef salad, or chicken broccoli rice; apple; water
S: peanut butter crackers, graham crackers, or apple; water
D: Healthy choice grilled chicken and pasta dinner or chicken rice broccoli; water
When I total my calories, I usually come in around 1100-1200

I also take a One-A-Day WeightSmart caplet.

------------------

Old 06-05-2003, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
On the days you drank the shakes, what did you eat? Did you drink the shake and eat what is listed above? You are eating enough food during the day, maybe try keeping aspartame out of your day... that can cause headaches...

Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #5

arhazeleyes HB User
I drank just the shake for breakfast, then yeah, the rest of my day was pretty much like I listed. I drank PLAIN, bottled water those two days, though........no Sam's choice.

Aspartame? Is that in that Sam's choice water?? So I should just try to drink plain, bottled water??

------------------

Old 06-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #6
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I am not sure if your water has aspartame in it or not... just check the ingredients. Now that you are off the shakes, your headaches may get better. I hope they do. I have been experiencing a bad headaches since Friday, so I feel your pain girl... no fun at all! Keep us posted and keep up the great work!

Old 06-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #7

starlighteyes32 HB User
The Sams flavored and carbonated wather does have the aspartame in it.. I just happen to read this and go look... just thought i would let ya know....

Closed Thread