It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 4!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Old 06-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
Inactive

Melisseee HB User
ok, I've made it through day 2 without cheating. Yay. I drank my two litres of water and I went for another walk with my dad and my dog. We only went for about 40 minutes though but that's something. I need to add more exercise to my routine still, but I'm just feeling lazy these days. I'm the queen of procrastinating. My fiance bought a bike today though so we are going to start bike riding tomorrow morning which should be fun. I really wanna start doing my pilates though......not that there's anything stopping me if I want to do it.

I had a good day anyway.....I was at the mall and was having these incredible urges to cheat, so I went into the drug store and bought a chocolate peanut butter atkins bar mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm! It was soooo good! I spent the day shopping for stuff for my wedding invitations, then I started making them. I'm soooooo excited about them. I think whenever I do wedding stuff it keeps me motivated to lose weight so thats what I need to focus on. I'm getting married in Jamaica so my wedding invitations are going to be a Message in a Bottle. I bought a bunch of wine bottles today from a wine maker place, and some sand from the craft store, some sea shells, and some parchment paper. So i'm gonna print off the invitation on the parchment paper, and burn the edges of it, then roll it all up and stick it in the bottle. They are very cute. They are more then I wanted to spend on invitations especially since I also have to send a bunch all over the country, but hey......ya only get married once (hopefully)

Anyway I think I might actually try to get my bedroom cleaned. Hope you all have a good night and an even better tomorrow

Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 09:50 PM   #3

SvenskaFlicka HB User
Cool

I am game! I'm new! How does this work?

------------------
Flicka

Old 06-04-2003, 06:49 AM   #4

Linda Hively HB User
Good morning!
I get weighed in on Friday at W.W. so today being Wednesday I'd better really stick to the program for the next couple of days. I have had a lot of stress long distance over the phone. (1,500 miles away) So that means eating is not under control.I get off the phone with my daughter and I grab the bag of Sun Chips*** knowing*** that I really shouldn't be doing that or I will grab a Little Debbie Nutty Bar which is a real downfall to start with. Isn't it funny that Little Debby means BIG DAMAGE. It's not a matter of not having the stuff in the house. My husbands lunch box snacks are never a problem with me under normal conditions. But I just can't get back into the raw veggies STATE OF MIND.
Well today I'm going to try real hard!!! I have a lot of errands to run so I am taking water and baby carrots in the car with me. I do best with my raw veggies if I eat them while I am driving.
Andrea,
I've done so good losing 11.8 pounds on the last challenge, do you think a diuretic would help get back on track? I've never done that. In fact with my physical condition I have never done anything but take Vitamins. Would taking a diuretic now and then make me lose any of the benefits of Vitamin B or Alpha Lipoic Acid? ( Most people haven't heard of Lipoic Acid ) It's just a really good anti-oxidant.
I'll be back on this afternoon.
Linda

Old 06-04-2003, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Hey AP, what's up girlie??

Old 06-04-2003, 08:21 AM   #6

libby HB User
Morning all! well i am working on my 4th day with no cheating! Yippie! Exercise is a must to get on my priority list, however. I used to be an avid walker, but of late I just haven't been.

Still trying to figure out what is realistic in terms of what a final goal shoud be. Sometimes I think if I just weighed 150 pounds I would be satisfied...but when I see stats where others my heighth are 125 I freak. Is that really possible? And....it is so far to go!

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Old 06-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #7

Esperanza HB User
Red face

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gifI am soo embarrassed....I went off the wagon for quite a spell. I could say it was stress related, but frankly it was just easier to fall back to old habits - and the weight did just come back so easily - it is amazing how hard I worked.

Do you know that Ephedra has been taken off the markets in Illinois? Good thing I had several pills left (metobolife), and I am going to jump start myself again using them until I can get my apetite under control again and will make sure to drink the water.

I graduated my older son from high school - now he needs to graduate from my house. I can't understand his thinking of "entitlement" - I won't bore you with the awful details, he can be such an ingrate. I'll worry when he leaves, but I will be much less stressed as well.

Chicago has had the worst weather than any place in the country! So, I will take this opportunity to finish a global curriculum that I was supposed to do after having gone to Africa last summer. I am so pleased that I am not doing any traveling this year!

Thanks for hearing me today. I promise to be faithful to you all, but more importantly to me again!

Old 06-04-2003, 10:05 AM   #8

Linda Hively HB User
Esperanza,
We are in this together. Isn't it so strange the way our minds can be so focused on being careful then the littlest thing can get us off track. Not just for a day but on and on ? I am going to try so hard! But last week even is like a lifetime away from whats going on today sometimes. My daughter is 30 and her life is falling apart. So the stress doesn't STOP! I just realized yesterday when I put a nutty bar in my mouth that without stress I probably wouldn't have a weight problem. (KIDS) No then I'd find something else to blame..Ha! Ha!
Linda

Old 06-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #9
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Linda H- I don't think a diuretic is good for HEALTHY weight loss. Won't this just make you loose water? Maybe I am mistaken, but it sounds unhealthy to me.

libby- I know what you mean. Do you mind me asking what your height is?

Hope you are all having a good day. I am! I had raspberries, low-carb bread w/natural peanut butter (first time I have had it- it's pretty good if you can get over the oil that you have to stir in), and sausage. For lunch I had McDonald's Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad (pretty good) and an apple.

I am at 135 and holding!! Grrrrr!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #10

Mtn.mama HB User
good day everyone! no need for exercise today, just got done with the thread "i don't understand you people" and that got my heart rate going faster than my exercising does!LOL! LOL! (just kidding, still exercising today)

melissa, your wedding sounds wonderful! wished you were my best friend so i could come! and it sounds so nice that your man will do things with you to make your exercise time more enjoyable!

i'll have to agree about the weather, it sucks!!! talk about a downer. it's record breaking rains here in west virginia and below norm. temps too.

well, need to clean this messy house. have a good one....Mtn.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #11

Esperanza HB User
MM: Your commment about heart rate after reading "You people" was the first thing that made me laugh today - Hope all is well.

AP - how is you?

Froggie - Wow, you are an inspiration.

Jen - I always look forward to your insights

Newbies - welcome aboard, as you can see, this is a great place to be, no matter how many times we get off track.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Haven't checked my weight for over a week. Too afraid to. I've been eating a lot of junk the last couple days. The good thing is I haven't stopped exercising. I think the guilt over eating is motivating me even more and I can't see a big difference in the mirror. Just wish I could get some self-control over my eating. At home, I'm fine. It's at work where I'm slipping up. Maybe I should have the company charge me for the snacks they keep in the office.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #13

BEGALILLY HB User
I need help fast!!!! We just had a pt come in who works at Ben & Jerry's,(I live in Vermont so it is everywhere where). The pt brought in 8 pints of ice cream. Ben & Jerry's is the best, but it is also the most fattening.....thye brought all my favorite flavors....what do I do!!!!!!

Nikki

Old 06-04-2003, 11:57 AM   #14
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Nikki,

Yikes!

I agree, B&J is the best - you poor thing! That would be really hard for me to deal with! Try to be strong! Can you leave work early & just get outta there, or maybe work in a remote part of the office doing some filing or something? Geez, I know people mean well when they bring you stuff like this, but sure wish they'd bring healthy stuff instead. I went through the same thing when a vendor brought in 18 donuts (for the 6 people who work in my building!). Good luck, honey!
BE STRONG!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 06-04-2003).]

Old 06-04-2003, 12:27 PM   #15
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
First of all--let me say that you will NEVER EVER hear me say.....I don't understand you people! That really light a fire in me! Obviously, the original poster doesn't have the compassion to understand anyones struggles but her own!

I, on the other hand, am here not just for me--but for all of you also--regardless of the method you chose for weightloss. The method is irrelevant to me; it's the support and motivation that keeps us coming back to this board, am I right??? There are lots of other boards that are formed specifically for people on Atkins, ACV, and various other methods. But, where do we come when we want support??? I hear you all----RIGHT HERE!!!!!

Okay, I'm done now. Today has been a pretty good day so far considering I have sick children @ home. I kept my youngest daughter home today because she's had this nasty cough for like a week now and she had a slight fever. Doesn't the school nurse call me at 11:30 and say that my oldest daughter is running a fever, has an upset stomach and is pale as a ghost!!! This is the one who could be turning green and still wouldn't admit that she didn't feel well! Anyway, both are feeling a little better and we're having a nice relaxing day! I, however, have got to get some exercise. My hubby was home most of the day; which is unusual and I have the baby today (who also isn't feeling well) so it was no use trying to exercise earlier. Soon, the baby will be going home and I'm off for a few groceries. Then, it's to the dungeon to exercise!!! I've done well with eating today too, so that's a plus. And I'm just finishing off the remainder of my 64 oz!!! Wheww!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll try to check in later!

Jen

Closed Thread