It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

rudymom HB User
Post What do you eat for breakfast and before workouts for energy?

I am 36 and carbo-loading was the thing to do before you hit the gym. What do I eat know? I do a lot of spinning and eliptical machines. I need endurance. I am lifting more weights. What can I eat that is low-carb to give me the needed energy boost? Eggs every morning just seems nasty to me. Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I eat fruit first thing in the morning on an empty stomach... then 30 minutes later I do either cereal (sugar free, something like mini wheats, etc.) or a low carb myoplex shake... sometimes I do eggs and turkey bacon... you can do oatmeal also. I find that doing the fruit first thing really helps me alot... good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #3

Speaker HB User
Oatmeal rules, I usually have it with some fruit in it or seperate. Anything with high chaloric density and low glycemic index, that is best for a prolonged energy source. For cold cereal I like Kashi Good Friends

Old 06-05-2003, 01:20 PM   #4
(female)

rudymom HB User
Okay, I tried the kashi and felt like I had stoled the kids' pet hamster's food. It was not good. I think I may try oatmeal and fruit. I cannot do some of the cereal. I like reg cereal like corn chex, etc, but I have always noticed that I was starving a few hours later after eating it. I swear.

Old 06-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #5

Speaker HB User
OMG how dare you insult Kashi!

just kidding, its not for everyone I guess, I really love it. There are some other forms of Kashi besides Good Friends. The reason you might be feeling hungry shortly after eating some cereals is they might have low chaloric density and/or high GI, dunno for sure, but I know that Honey Nut Cheerios has a high GI so I dont really eat it anymore.

If you are going with the oatmeal I suggest you dont use instant. Most instant oatmeals have less fiber, and more sugar and sodium.

:edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by Speaker (edited 06-06-2003).]

Closed Thread