It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 5!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Sorry Ap, I posted on the other one....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 10:24 AM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
NP lisa. this 1 prob. appeared right after u posted.

All is well wh JP&mommy& Daddy. as some of you may remember, JP is the child i asked you to pray for b/c the dr. thought there was something wrong with him.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
I just have to say this...I am realizing how hard men have it sometimes with their wives...

I have started a few diets only to have my husband either not take it seriously or tempt me into eating off of it and then i end up cheating and going off of it and having to work myself up and plan all over again to start another one and that frustrates me...

Well this time I am on one and he is being supportive and that is upsetting me because I think, is he being supportive because he really thinks I should lose weight (of course I should but does he have to think that?)and then there is the part of me that secretly wants to cheat and go off of this but he is making it too hard and that is frustrating me as well! I havent said anything to him but I was just thinking about how men get put in those "catch 22" situations by women and I realized I caught myself doing it and laughed about it...(yes, I definitely know they arent perfect either!LOL!)
Hope everyone is doing well today. I have been having a bit of a struggle. I was on Mayo but got tired of grapefruit and "strictness" so I am switching over to low carb and hope I do better on that..I need something that I can do long term, but that will be effective..so wish me luck and we'll see how this goes!

Congrats AP!

Old 06-05-2003, 10:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Is he ok AP?

Old 06-05-2003, 11:52 AM   #6
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Snoopy- I totally understand! My hubby has been very supportive- but sometimes I want him to just say, "Eat what ever you want- you look great to me!!" OH well- he's a guy; what more can I say?

I have had a crummy eating/exercise day so far. I didn't get up and walk this morning (CRAMPS!!) and I had Grape Nuts with berries and some bacon for breakfast. For lunch I had a package of peanuts and an apple. I am not doing well on my water intake either!!! Maybe this is why I can't seem to loose that last 5 pounds.

I have been wondering if maybe I should try for 10 more pounds?? That would put me at 125... what do youall think? I'm 5'5" and I have a medium build- pretty muscular.

Opinions are welcome!!

Hope you all are having a good day! I need to crunch some data now! Yuck.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Go for it froggie!! And good luck!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #8

Mtn.mama HB User
hi! you know what? i have the opposite problem, kinda, my husband needs to lose about 100 pounds, i need to lose around 35 or 40. i am his determination! if i stick with anything he will but if i cheat or quit he does the same. then i feel so bad because i feel like i've let him down. anyways. i hope you all have a good day, probably be back later tonight....Mtn.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
hey all!

i've been bad about posting, but im here! awe, ap! congrats hun! i had tears in my eyes reading the #4 challenge! Arent these wonderful people here??? I will NEVER forget when I got engaged, how excited and wonderful everyone was! Such a nice little group we have here! Thank you all, for being so cool!!!

ok, so...like i said the other day, i havent been paying much attention to my weight loss, and its been nice, but i gained 2 lbs. not huge, but not good. so tomorrow starts anew! (after dinner tonight..i have my first dinner guests coming

Old 06-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
Inactive

Houdini HB User
My hubby problem is a little different. It's not really a problem, but it's on my mind because he's worrying about me. He keeps telling me I shouldn't be trying to lose weight, that I'm going to waste away (he's such a sweetheart!).

It's not like I'm anorexic - geez, that would never be me, I love food too much! I'm about 5'9" tall and currently weigh 147, down from 159. Before I lost any weight, I was a size 12, sometimes a 10. Now I'm an 8, sometimes a 10. My goal weight is 140 but I might change it to 135. That hardly means I'll be wasting away!

But the good thing is that I know that I'm not doing this for him or anyone else. I'm doing this for myself because I want to get to where I look & feel comfortable again, like I did 5 years ago. I miss that feeling of confidence. But I'm getting closer every day, thanks in part to all of you here!

DP - welcome back! How's the new place? Hope you have a nice time with your first dinner guests. What's for dinner, maybe I'll come over!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #11

Kelligirl HB User
Hi everybody- lost another 2 lbs- down to 169, yeh!

For me with my husband and diets I have tried, I noticed in our relationship in general that men like to "fix" things. So, he thought if he bugged me about unhealthy snacks, planned work-outs he thought I should do, etc., he was helping me(not!). I had to explain to him that as a woman, sometimes I just like to talk about my diet, problems I was having and this in itself made me feel better. I didn't necessarily want to be "fixed". He finally got it. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Old 06-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
snoopy63,

As a guy, I definitely agree that us men get put in a tough spot. It's like when a woman asks you if you think she's fat. There's no right answer to that question. If you say no, she'll think you're lying. If you say yes, she'll be hurt. I had a girlfriend who was trying to lose weight and I could never figure out how to act. Do I encourage her and risk sending the message that I think she's fat? Or do I say nothing and risk having her think that I'm not being supportive? It got to the point where I was reluctant to take her out to dinner cause I didn't want her to think I didn't support her weight loss efforts, or worse, that I was trying to prevent her from losing weight. I've heard so many women say they think their boyfriends/husbands are trying to keep them overweight so they won't be noticed by other men. I can't believe there are guys who are that insecure.

Today has been a good day for me so far. I did my 1 hour of cardio and ate all my planned healthy meals and haven't cheated yet. The last three days were terrible cause I kept eating candy and cookies. If I make it through this day, that'll be great. Still haven't checked my weight though. I figure if I can get back on track and stay there for another week, then it'll be worth dragging the scale back out. I gotta feeling it's going to take me a full week just to get back to where I was before. Maybe I'll skip my weekend dinner outing.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Hey Houdini, I responded to you on the other post then it changed, hope you saw it.

Your about like me, I'm 5'8 and my goal weight was 140! I think its nice your DH is saying that, he sounds very sweet. My DH is on a diet with me so its been easy to not cheat!

Welcome back DP! Have fun at dinner tonight!

Old 06-05-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by snoopy63:
I just have to say this...I am realizing how hard men have it sometimes with their wives...

I have started a few diets only to have my husband either not take it seriously or tempt me into eating off of it and then i end up cheating and going off of it and having to work myself up and plan all over again to start another one and that frustrates me...

Well this time I am on one and he is being supportive and that is upsetting me because I think, is he being supportive because he really thinks I should lose weight (of course I should but does he have to think that?)and then there is the part of me that secretly wants to cheat and go off of this but he is making it too hard and that is frustrating me as well! I havent said anything to him but I was just thinking about how men get put in those "catch 22" situations by women and I realized I caught myself doing it and laughed about it...(yes, I definitely know they arent perfect either!LOL!)
Hope everyone is doing well today. I have been having a bit of a struggle. I was on Mayo but got tired of grapefruit and "strictness" so I am switching over to low carb and hope I do better on that..I need something that I can do long term, but that will be effective..so wish me luck and we'll see how this goes!

Congrats AP!
thanks snoopy! you have me rofl!!! seriously, general low carbing has much more leeway esp. if u design yr own plan like i do. good luck!

Old 06-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowroselisa:
Is he ok AP?
hes fine sweetie thank you http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Closed Thread