It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 6!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Old 06-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #2

libby HB User
AP....i don't know all your struggles, but lady you are awesome! Know that you have a lot of people behind you, And I will be praying for you!

Libby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #3

gretsky HB User
Hey everyone! I lost another pound!! Yea, now I'm at 153. This is a very satisfying feeling isn't it?? I'm really starting to understand how the only way to really lose this weight is to make a PERMANENT change in my habits. For that matter, I'd rather not lose the weight quickly, because I'm afraid it would just come right back on.

Hope you all have a great day!!
--gretsky

Old 06-06-2003, 05:34 AM   #4

libby HB User
Hey!!!! Congrats! to you gretsky!!!! You go girl!

I haven't jumped on the scales yet morning. Today marks the end of my first week. I've looked off and on during the week, but haven't offically allowed myself to say I have lost anything.

I'll post it later!

Libby

Old 06-06-2003, 05:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Hey AP, I agree....you are awesome!!! ((((hugs))))

Old 06-06-2003, 06:13 AM   #6

Mtn.mama HB User
well guys, i wish you all were here so you could come over and kick my a$$. i have done nothing but eat since i've stopped taking them zantrex! i miss the way they curbed my apetite!!!! now what am i going to do? do you all know af anything that does curb your apetite that has nothing to do with caffine or ephedra? who cares if i sound like a diet pill drugie, i need some help here, my mind and my mouth sure ain't helping me out any! i have been keeping up with the h2o and the exercise, but if you could see what i've been eating...i'd have to walk from daylight til dark to burn off any of the cals. i've taken in! i'm telling you i'd like to wrap duct tape around my head, i'm sooo mad at me!...........Mtn.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Well I finally checked the scale. I gained 3 pounds and my pants are feeling a little tighter than they did last week. But at least I'm back to eating healthy. Yesterday I stuck to all my planned meals and didn't cheat once and I did my normal workouts. I'm planning to skip going out to eat this weekend. That's my punishment for cheating earlier this week. I really hope to lose another inch off my waist by the end of the month. That would be great if I had to buy another pair of jeans because the current ones were too big. Next week will be the real test as I revamp my workout routine and see if I can avoid eating the junk food in the office.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:24 AM   #8
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Hi all! Just thought I'd check in now--the hubby is home today so I won't be on the computer much later on. Besides, I have an appointment with a new hairdresser tonite. She's actually my brother-in-law's girlfriend. I've never let her do my hair before; so I'm a little nervous! But she also teaches beauty school--so how bad can she be??? Anyway, I need a trim and a coloring. I need a new look to go with the new me!!! I weighed in this morning----4 pounds gone in the last 7 days!!! Not bad, huh??? I knew I could lost the same amount of weight that I did using Atkins; but now just counting calories and eating sensibly!!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it! Last night I even went to DQ (through the drive thru) after my daughter's game and I didn't even get anything for myself. I wasn't really even craving anything! I've been drinking my 64 oz. of water each day and getting my exercise. Hopefully, the pounds will keep falling off!!! Only time will tell; I guess!!!

They were laughing at me at the ballgame because I had to visit the bathroom like 4 times in 2 hours!!! All that water has to come out sometime!!! They kept asking if the bathroom was nice & warm (it was chilly out last night) or if I was just checking out the high school guys who were working out on the track! Most likely would have been the second guess if I would have been unmarried and several years younger!!LOL!

Well,I must go take care of the baby. He isn't feeling well today and is very fussy! Lucky me! I feel sorry for him though. All he wants to do is snuggle; which is okay with me--I just won't get much else done until his Mom gets here!!!! Chat with you again soon--probably tomorrow!!!

Jen

Old 06-06-2003, 06:43 AM   #9
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Jen way to go 4 pds http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

AP is a angel here for all of us...

Mtn Mom I wish I knew something that would work,ughhh
one of the walking moms I walk with takes green tea diet pills that works for her.They are $9 at gnc I dont know alot about all the pills out today but the zantrex.I picked up a box of them while on my break and gave them to her last night because I am back on zantrex.

Have a great day....

Old 06-06-2003, 06:58 AM   #10

Mtn.mama HB User
WAY TO GO JEN!!!!

MOM GONNA GET SOME SOON!

.......Mtn.

Old 06-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #11

juicygrapes HB User
ohhhhhhhh Mt.Mama, I know how you feel! I felt great last week because I was finally down from 230 to 222. It took me two weeks of being super, super strict with what I put in my mouth and walking on the treadmill every single day. I worked so hard for those 8 pounds!But then...I took the day off on Monday and brought my little boy to the beach/board walk... it was a gorgeous day and we had a blast but I ate one of those huge slices of pizza for lunch and a cheese steak sandwich for dinner.... Needless to say, I'm up 1-2 pounds because I got lazy and have only been doing so-so the last couple of days. What I did do last night (and I hope this gets me back on track), is go grocery shopping after everyone went to bed. I took my time and picked up plenty of good foods and snacks. Before bed I prepared my meals/snacks for today. Planning and preparation is key for me...

Don't get discouraged...we all have our bad days (or week!)... take a little extra time to plan meals and exercise into this week... you'll do much better.

juicy http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

Old 06-06-2003, 08:11 AM   #12

libby HB User
Morning all...

Fantastic Jen! You are not only an encouagement with your transperancy as a person, but wow, what an inspiration you are! good on ya lady!

Mtn...so sorry to hear you are discouraged. But don't...don't...don't let it defeat you. I know how you feel, honestly I do. Once we give in to negative thoughts and behaviors it is so hard to pull out. Right now I am flying pretty high, but I don't want to ever think that those negative are gone for ever. My resolve would become weak. Mtn...do what works for you, girl. You KNOW you can do it!

Coffee...great attitude! Stay with it!

Well, I finally got on the scales...6 pounds this week! I could hardly believe it. Yes, it was my first week, and I know it was mostly water, but it has to start with that.

Thanks again to all of you. You have made yourselves vulnerable, and I am richer as a person for that!

Libby

Old 06-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #13
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
good morning all!

special thank you's& ((((hugs to Lisa, Libby,&SM.)))) thats very sweet guys. i love ya! the ppain is again screaming@ me, have 0 energy& 0 tolerance for this whole mess incl. weight. im back up .6 today& im up to taking 4, yes 4 very potent kelp caps. oh yea& i had an anxiety attack in the middle of the night& defintely feel like another isnt too far away. help me god.

jen: 4 lbs? you go girl!!!!!! wtg @dq!

juicy: im so sorry about your gain.

gretsky:congrats on the 1!

mtn&DNC: i know how you guys feel.
mtn: i dont recommend the tea pills(caffeine) have you tried the lipotropic fat burner/appetite suppressant by peak nutrition?

[This message has been edited by andreaphilip3 (edited 06-06-2003).]

Old 06-06-2003, 08:32 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
hey all! It is actually raining a bit here in So. Cal but nothing big...we are experiencing "June Gloom" as they call it. It will be overcast most of the day and burnoff late in the afternoon. So it is not always sunny here!

Well Hubby was up to is old tricks...this morning he was asking me when i was going to take my two day break! I had already planned on letting up this weekend. I think the "break" is for HIM! There are different foods in the house and of course when i fix dinner the foods are centered more around what I can eat(low carb), although I have fixed them side dishes that I dont touch. I know he likes the meat and cheese part because he likes to BBQ every Weekend and that fits in with what I am doing BUT I think having no bread or potatoes is what is getting to him- we are really a Carb family which is specifically why I am doing low carb...to break myself of those habits....
Hopefully I will be good this weekend and get back on track next week. I know with you guys around, it will be easier! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

It's FRIDAY!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #15

Lily20 HB User
Hi, everyone. I started at 260 on June 1st. Today I am at 252.5, so i've lost 7.5 lbs. Yay. I'm not on any specific diet, but I'm counting calories and eating healthy foods. I drink 72-88 or more ounces of water daily. I have been walking around 50 minutes every night and rollerblading some nights, too. I feel great, so I actually think I am going to make some changes that stick with me this time instead of just wanting ot lose weight to look better.

Closed Thread