It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 07:23 PM   #1

timeclock HB User
Talking web4mel

Hey,

I was reading one of your post and was wondering....how did you go from 190 to 164? I myself am 190 and want to go down to 150 at least by the end of July. Any advise?

Old 06-01-2003, 06:43 AM   #2

web4mel HB User
Greets Timeclock!

I am actually at 157 now. I just came out of a six day stall by fasting for a day. So I have gone from 190 to 157 total.

I just give you the briefest version I can to let you know how this all transpired.

I was always thin except for 8 months in 5th grade. I was always a 5-8, with not more than 10-12 pounds fluctuation. I had an active life, dancing, swimming, snorkeling, etc and that kept me thin, plus I always worked out at least a couple times a week.

Then at around 31-32 I started gaining weight, after I split up from my husband, wasn't dating, wasn't going out, was putting all my energy into my children, which included a lot of home cooking and baking (and eating).

I was still pretty active but getting less physically active as the "new" me took shape-more tv and videos and inactive time spent. So the new me had an rounder and rounder shape. My life and my thinking slipped into the whole brainwashing the media tries to give us about age so they can keep selling us useless crap to make them richer. The fact is, eating less and exercising is FREE so they don't pitch that one much, do they? Just one miracle cure and skin cream after another.

I moved from Colorado to Florida about 3 months ago. I had gotten up to 190 in CO-hiding indoors, inactive, from the cold. My Mom is in Colorado and my brother. But I KNEW my life was slipping away from me day by day and I was missing it out on it. The time could never be retrieved once lost. So I gathered my courage and changed my life-the first step being to move to Florida.

When I got here I began changing my thinking and my lifestyle and my belief system, everything. I got rid of all the things in my life that made me feel fat and old. I use a lot of imagery to change my thinking-models with my face on them that I adapted on my pc to make them look real, "meditation" on what my life will be like in a few months, and I go to the beach and swimming at the pool and I go walking and jogging and this week I am starting volunteering 6 hours a week. I want to be "out there" in the world not "in here" in my living room or bedroom.

I downloaded from kazaa the Diet Power prgram and it tracks all your nutrients and calories and exercises, and has inspirational stuff and a journal. It has helped me eat less calories, fat, and carbs, and track what I burn off too. it's a great program. It has all the calories burned on hundreds of exercises. I exercise about 40-60 minutes a day and am cutting that back in the next week or so to 4 days a week-it has been every day.

But the main things that made the 33 pounds go away was my attitude and thinking. The imagery and the support here on this forum, and the starting to view myself as a thin, healthy, active person, not an old, fat, sloppy, lazy person the way I did. THAT is the key ingredient NO successful diet plan can go without.

Change your thinking and you change your life- - - forever! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #3

Julie-K HB User
Smile

You are an absolute inspiration web4mel!
Everything you said is so true, congratulations on your new life and body and I am sure with your attitude it will just keep getting better!
I am off to kazaa (thanks for telling us about it)
Keep us posted
Jules

Old 06-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #4

web4mel HB User
It is the long haul I am in for. Those spurts of fast weight loss you get every now and then keep ya going-but the long slow bits in between really test your mettle. I am determined though-NOTHING will stop me until I get to 120-125/size 7-8. Nothing! Bought bags of raw fresh veggies today, and only healthy foods for my kitchen now, as part of the determination. There is nothing fattening or unhealthy in my kitchen now at all, except a small bottle of hot pepper sesame oil I use occasionally.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:44 AM   #5

web4mel HB User
Question

UPDATE-

The weight is coming off VERY slowly now-for two weeks-only 2 lbs.

BUT I looked in the mirror and saw an image I wasn't used to and tried on old clothes that I couldn't wear that are now loose. So I decided to take my measurements.

I have lost 13 inches in the 2 weeks I've only lost 2 pounds.

I don't know about you all but I always thought the business about you aren't losing weight because muscle is heaver than fat and you are exercising...yada yada....was an excuse. I really did not believe there was a marked difference between the weight of fat and muscle.

But there MUST be because I am shaping up while losing very little weight.

But I don't want to look like Ms. Swarzenegger when I reach my goal weight so I think I may use less weight when I exercise.

Question-should I also exercise less? I have been doing it 45 min a day 6 days a week-sometimes 60-90 minutes, plus swimming and walking. Too much????

Suggestions

[This message has been edited by web4mel (edited 06-07-2003).]

Closed Thread