It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 7!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #2

theoldhouse HB User
I'm still on task:

Consumed one gallon water.
Powerwalked 3 miles at the track.
Food intake moderate.

Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 10:25 PM   #3

Mtn.mama HB User
Hey all...AP- i am so sorry you are in so much pain, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is wrong? you may have posted it before, but i never saw it. i have however noticed that you have been in a great deal of pain and have alot of appointments. if you don't want to answer i'll understand,and i'm also sorry for being so nosey. anyways i hope you feel much better soon.

Losing It!- i don't think i can go that low on cals., i've never counted before, but when i first started this board, i was only eating once a day and it couldn't have been high in cals., it made me feel weak! i do congratulate you on your loss! thats fantastic! i also done a search on these weight smarts, and from my understanding, they actually don't have a whole lot of weight loss "power" behind them, they are only "extra" vitamins for dieters, seeing that most of the time when we diet we don't get nearly enough. they have a little green tea in them, and a little caffine (equivalant to 1/4 cup of coffee).tell me if this is the same thing you think about them. i did take one around 7:30, i wanted to get them in my system asap, and i do think they have a little bit of an appetite suppressant in them. i'm a night owl, and i like to "snack", haven't gotten the urge so far. so i hope they work like i thought they would, before i done a search on them.

theoldhouse- you are really doing great, aren't you? you have the determination that i am dying for. good luck to you!

you guys have a great ...saturday!.......Mtn.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #4

gretsky HB User
Ah, I just deleted the message I was going to write somehow!! Oh well, here it goes again!

SO, I was saying that today wasn't a very good day for eating or working out and I'm not completely freaking out about it, but I fear that I might start to get lazy now that I've started the trend. I went out to eat today with my roommate as a goodbye and am still full (that was at 5:30), even though I didn't eat that much. I also didn't exercise today because I was exhausted from all of my finals work. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me? I think I could just use some support that will get me back on track before this all starts going downhill again. Thanks in advance!
--gretsky

Old 06-07-2003, 04:19 AM   #5

libby HB User
Gretsky,I can't remember if you ever said what kind of plan you are using. I tend to follow Atkins; so when ever I feel the urge...I mean feel it big time...to go off the wagon, I pig out on legal stuff. I know I probably shouldn't but sometimes I feel like I just need to eat. And if I know I am going to eat too much it better not be carbs. Atleast I am eating something that's good for me.

The other thing I am beginning to notice is whenever one of the big craving things happens...if it is not emotional...my body is on the brink of losing a pound or so. I'm not sure if that is true, but it seems that way. I'm going to track it and see.

Well...it's 4:17 am for me ...tired, but can't sleep. Thanks for letting me ramble. (as if anyone could, or would for that matter, do anything about it. )
Libby

Old 06-07-2003, 10:56 AM   #6
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys!

lol@libby. hey if it works, do it. get some rest.

gretsky: try to hang in there. sometimes ya gotta give yrself a break.

mtn: thanks sweetie. yr not bein nosey, ya showin me you care...... theres a BIG difdference there anyway, i dont mind tellin if ya really wanna listen. lol. i was in a car accident 3-16-02& have serious chronic pain to back, neck, legs, jaws. hence all the stupid drs. the reason i always ask for all the luck b/f my appts(as u can see) is b/c as a rtesult of the car accident as well as almost bein raped by a dr 8 wks later, i also have panic disorder which means im in constant anxiety attacks with all these appts. does this help?

have a great weekend guys!

Old 06-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #7
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY....... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif It's raining today; AGAIN, and pretty heavily! Man, I hope Mother Nature is just getting this out of her system so when we go camping on Thursay--we don't float away!!!! Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous out; though I didn't get to enjoy too much of it because of the sick ones. But, here it is the weekend; and boy can it rain!!! We must have gotten atleast several inches so far and it's only been raining since about 8 a.m. Despite the poor weather I'm trying to make it a productive day--this kind of weather makes me want to crawl back in bed.

So far this morning I have done my weight workout. I decided to wait and do my treadmill workout a little later. I'm not going anywhere today so I wanted to space it out a little. I've been catching up on posts for about the past half hour.

I'm actually feeling energetic today. Can't wait for my hubby to get out of bed so I can clean! He worked midnight to eight,and only slept 1 hour before that so my guess is he will stay in bed until it's time to go again!!! I have to find some way to channel this energy since I can't go outside!!!

Andrea: just wanted to say what an inspiration you are to all of us! You are dealing with so much concering yourself, yet you continue to provide superior support to the rest of us! You are such a strong person and I wish you the best with all your treatments. appts, and so forth. I'm not sure I could be half as strong as you if I were in your situation. You are indeed a special person and it makes me a stronger person just knowing you!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

For anyone having problems with craving; no matter what eating plan you are following--my answer is WATER & plenty of it!!! I thought I was doing good by drinking nothing but water all day; until I started measuring how much I was drinking and it amounted to roughly 32 oz. or so each day. Then I started filling a 64 oz. container and setting a goal of emptying it each day. Boy, has it done a number on my cravings. I also find myself getting fuller, faster at meals. At first it was a little inconvenient---with all those bathroom trips; but my body is adjusting to it now. Sometimes, I'm so full at night that I feel like I could burst. But, it's a good kind of full--not the feeling you get when you're full of food!!! I also tend to have the problem of getting a dry mouth---which has greatly improved also. I can't say enough about drinking water, but it is one of the simplest things you can do to improve your health!

While I was exercising this morning; it just hit me that since we are going camping next week--there's a good chance I may have to put on a swimsuit! Yikes I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet! So, I've decided to use that as motivation to work my butt off the next 4 days!

Like I said, we're going camping next Thursday until Sunday. boy, am I gonna miss you guys! I'm just a little worried about my eating plan--we'll be eating out atleast once a day. We are actually camping at Knoebels (which is an amusement park that has it's own campground). I'm not worried about breakfast, but lunch & dinner are another question. My question is: what if instead of counting calories; I shift my eating plan to keeping the carbs extra-low and focusing on the protein??? I'm thinking that because we're eating out; I'll be eating things like hotdogs and such--things I generally don't eat now. I just don't want to undo any weightloss that I've achieved so far. I figured if I stayed away from the carbs; I should be okay, even if I eat an occasional hotdog. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I guess I should try to move around a bit; I'm getting antsy just sitting here. There's laundry calling my name and a dishwasher to unload. I'll check in again soon!

Jen

Old 06-07-2003, 04:19 PM   #8
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys,

jennie: (((((((((Jen)))))))))))))))) that post makes me want to cry! hehe. seriously.... thank you sweetheart. im glad to be able to help someone. ditto on know you sweetie. you inspire me too you ALL do!! have fun camping, we will miss ya!!!!!

as for a plan, i think low carbs may be your best bet

Old 06-07-2003, 04:29 PM   #9
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Okay--where are all my buddies??? I feel lonely here!LOL. Just kidding; I'm sure everyone is busy; it is Saturday night afterall!! I just wanted to check in one last time for the day. I just completed 45 minutes on the treadmill....go me http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif!!! My calories were a bit under my goal today so I have to have a snack soon. I'm trying very hard not to eat after 7 p.m. if I can help it. But first I want to run the vaccuum cleaner since the dear hubby is at work again. Tomorrow is my lazy day...although I'm going to try fit a walk in. I'm going to play Basket Bingo. I've never done it before but I'm told it's lots of fun. What could be more fun than a bunch of ladies sitting around trying to win Longeberger Baskets??? LOL They are too expensive to buy; so why not try to win one? I'll let you know how I make out--I'm not expecting to win; that way I won't be disappointed!!!LOL

Okay, well I guess I should get busy! Have a great weekend and I"ll check back as soon as I can!

Jen

Old 06-07-2003, 05:14 PM   #10
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
such a sense of humor jen!! wtg on the tread!

Old 06-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #11

libby HB User
okay ladies...can i get kinda personal here....certainly you can, Libby. OKAYYY....here goes. I had a date for lunch today!!!!( I was just a little too intimidated to do dinner on a first date.)

Now that may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but to a 50 year old single lady who hasn't had a date in I don't know how long it is a big deal! LOL I have been living outside the US for tha past 17 years where dating never happens; so being back has been a bit scary. But I did fine...he told me I charming (blushing now), and he wants to see me again. AMAZING!

I want to eat a cookie to celebrate, but will have a deviled egg instead! LOL

Well I will stop now. (just needed to tell someone...i don't know anyone here in Colorado Springs)

Have a great evening!
Libby

Old 06-07-2003, 07:24 PM   #12

World's Finest HB User
Libby thats great news. Keep up the good work. I hope your future dates go well if you plan to go later on. As for me, last night I had a formal event to attend. I did great. The dinner was pretty expensive $50 per plate. But I didnt eat that much. It was for a good cause so I didnt mind. It was a 3-course meal and i left a little of everything on my plate. I guess I wasnt hungry. I had a fruit salad for lunch and I didnt eat breakfast . Anyway, I hope I can keep this stuff up.

Old 06-07-2003, 08:00 PM   #13

libby HB User
finest...thanks...lol...I feel like a kid! jeeez !

Old 06-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #14

theoldhouse HB User
Another productive day:

Consumed one gallon of water.
2 mile WATP (It was like pulling teeth to get it done tonight. But, I did it and that's all that matters).
Food intake moderate & healthy.

Looking forward to another productive day tomorrow!

Mtn. - Again, thanks for the encouragement. It helps me to stay on task.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
good night yall! sweet dreams.. we know what Libby will dream of! (sorry, couldnt resist!) im not teasing you about being nervpous, i swear im not b/c no one knows what its like to be fearful of something that seems small to others better than me, i was just havin a lil fun thats all. seriously, thats wonderful news! hope all works out the way ya want it too

hey mtn!

wtg house!!!

good job finest!

i guess dp is cozy in her new home mrs. dp's mommy can dp come out&play?

wassup lisa? esper?

Closed Thread