It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 8!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Old 06-08-2003, 05:17 AM   #2

web4mel HB User
Question

I have a question. Why do you start a new thread on this every couple days-up to 8 now? Just curious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Cool

Good Morning All

Yes Esp I have been out on the boat we had company up and we have been playing on the lake alot.Seems like every weekend we will be having company up.Which is good, it means I have to get up and be on the run.
Yesterday I spent about 4 hours at the beach with boys swimming.Yesterday a lady at the beach came up to me and ask me where I got my bathingsuit she liked
that it was a tank top and shorts.She was doing my old fashion thing a large t-shirt on hiding her bathing suit.Its a one piece but it looks like a tank top with shorts.

Jen I know what you mean about the rain,I know we dont need anymore as it is.Good luck on your camping trip.I love camping.

Everyone hang in and good luck.I have alot to do today and I better get started.I got to sleep in a little today til 8am.. Yesterday just plum wore me out.I sometimes think my kids think mom is a kid and can go like them....NOT....I am getting to old for all this.Well today we have a cook out planned at the beach so I better get on the ball and get stuff ready.
Chech back in later today...

Have a great day y'all
Dee

Old 06-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hey sm! glad ya got to sleep late! have fun today! im sick of this rain. the pool guy is comin tomorrow... imagine that!?

wassup guys?

web: hey there the answer is simple i change then threads so they dont get long b/c that is what people have requested& thats what they like short threads. makes it easier to read.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Maybe you can start a new thread every Sunday and name it with the date.

I think my scale is broken. It says I gained 8 pounds in the last 2 days. Other than going out to eat last night, I haven't changed my routine and my pants aren't any tighter than before. The meal I had last night wasn't even that big. I seriously doubt I gained muscle. I just bought this scale too.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:51 AM   #6

NotMyselfLately HB User
i weighed myself just a few minutes ago, and it says 174. i'm starting my diet again today, have kinda been taken it easy for a while, but now i'm ready to go back at it full force. i'm aiming for 168 by the end of this month. congrats to everyone who's still losing! take care and God bless!

Old 06-08-2003, 10:22 AM   #7
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hey f&d u can do it!

DNC: one thread would be too long. we log 30+ replies a day that would be almost 200 messages b/f changing it so im just gonna leave it wh the numbers

Old 06-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #8

libby HB User
Hi all.....I just posted on the #7 thread... opps!

Andrea, I really like the fact that you begin a new thread everyday. You are right it does keep the page from getting too long, plus... it feels like starting the day with friends.

Donuts...buddy, that scale is BAD! lol No way you could gain that much weight so quickly. Take it back..

Well...hope you guys are havong a great day!
Libby

Old 06-08-2003, 12:56 PM   #9
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
LOL AP! i just read what you wrote on #7 about me! haha! you're too funny! Its actually been so busy around here! my daughter (who's 7) had her dance recital yesterday! It was wonderful! Of course she was the best dancer there! lol! We're going back tonight to see show 2 (differnt kids, but same dancing school)..so she can see it. She had to spend the entire 3 hours in the cafeteria last night. Poor thing. So we're going to go later But yes, I am cozy in my new house! haha! lovin it

Also happy to report, my 2lb gain is gone

Old 06-08-2003, 01:00 PM   #10

libby HB User
Dietprincess....good on ya girl!

Old 06-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Well I don't know what the deal is with my scale. Now it says I gained 5 pounds instead of 8. It's one of those Tanita body fat scales which up until now has been great. I'm guessing the numbers are off because I still have the big dinner from last night in my system.

I finally figured out how to control my eating habits. Don't go to work. At work, I sit at a desk all day and I'm surrounded by junk food which is too hard to resist. At home, I have no snacks to tempt me, I walk around a lot, and I'm constantly seeing my exercise equipment and a mirror which motivates me to work out. How ironic that I'm a couch potato everywhere except at home.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:16 PM   #12
(male)

V6 Jeep 4x4 HB User
Don't go to work?

Haha, gotta try that one. Try cooking in an Italian Restaurant for a living. Talk about being tempted to eat throughout the day. "Hey, we got this extra Pizza over here, you want some"?

Not to mention I started there at the age of 16 while not only getting free meals but also all the pop I could drink.

It's no wonder I ballooned up to 245 after being there just a few years. (I'm a 6 foot tall male.)

It's amazing what small changes do for you. I was 235 a year ago Februrary. First I dropped pop altogether, (I've had about 10 drinks since than instead of 5 a day)

Than I started rollerblading a few miles a night. I switched it up and started jogging as much as I could and than rollerbladed the rest. I took Xenadrine to curb my appetite and it was a huge help. When I went off of X, I didn't change the way I ate and now the weight has not come back. I am now 6 ft and 180 lbs and jog 2.5 miles a day. It all started with simple small changes.

It's not hard to figure out how to lose weight but it is hard going through with it. Good Luck to you all. Those of you that have been around a while have inspired me on this board even though you may not know it since I rarely post. Thanks though.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #13

WVSLP HB User
Cool

I was bored the other night and surfed onto this messageboard. I've had a good time reading your posts. Some of y'all have great senses of humor! I though I'd share my weight-loss tip. I've found if I eat my meals naked and in front of a mirror, I eat MUCH less. LOL Just teasing -- I think it'd work though. Ha.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:45 PM   #14
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Donuts & Coffee: Your scale could be registering a gain like that if you had lots of carbs at that dinner of yours. Carbs hold onto water. Don't worry, just get back to your normal eating habits and within a day or so--the numbers should go back down. Atleast this has been my experience!

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend. I just returned from Basket Bingo--I won a $12.95 bottle of hair thickening conditioner as a door prize! That's it; but atleast I got some of my $20 back. We started at 2 pm and only got finished at 6!!! Luckily it was dreary out all day or I would have been mad.

All I've eaten today is a protein shake for breakfast and a hot dog at bingo (only because it was free!) I'm waiting for the hubby to come home any minute before eating dinner. I'm starving; but I'm going to try not to overdo it!!! Wish me luck!

Well, guess I should go. I'll check in tomorrow mornig! Bye all!!

Jen

Old 06-08-2003, 04:46 PM   #15

libby HB User
WSVLP.....you are sooo funny! i think I would never eat again if I did that...lol. Who knows...lol...maybe I will try it tonight! (still laughing)

Don't go to work, donuts? Wish it could be that easy..lol. But poor baby, in an Italian restaurant? I read the words and I was craving Manacotti! Good for you, guy! I would be a disaster!

Hey Jen....glad you are back! Hope camping was fun!

Libby

Closed Thread