It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #1

Ravenna HB User
Post What is the best appetite suppressant?

I've tried tenuate so far (works very well), but I was wondering what else works. Any ideas?

Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I have found that the healthiest suppressant is water and lots of it... however, as far as supplements go, I really like CarbCutter, CarbFX and Zantrex3... I have had little to no effects from the others.... good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
A lack of money.

To suppress your appetite, you need to fill your stomach with something that doesn't get absorbed too quickly. While water fills your stomach, it's appetite suppressing effects don't last long. Foods that are high in fiber keep the stomach fuller longer. Also protein is slow to digest so if each of your meals is high in protein (and I'm not saying you should be low-carbing), it will take longer for your stomach to become empty.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:20 PM   #4

Ravenna HB User
Well, I've tried all of those suggestions before and honestly it didn't help at all. Thanks, though.

Unless I'm in a certain mood when I'm never hungry, I am hungry all the time! I eat all day long. I like the tenuate because I don't even think about food and I'm not interested if I'm tempted by it. There goes the hard part about losing weight right there, you know?

Old 06-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #5

wisex HB User
I've had the same problem with thinking about food all the time, I started changing my eating habits about a month ago and it was very difficult to maintain(I get night cravings bad) so I got the prescription drug 'phentermine' recently, I've tried all the otc stuff and it never worked. I can tell you that phentermine is a life saver, I can't believe how much it kills hunger and cravings, it makes changing my lifestyle much much easier.

[This message has been edited by wisex (edited 06-09-2003).]

Old 06-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #6
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
My doc put me on Phentermine for a while and it did suppress my appetite... so if your doc will give you the go ahead and an rx, then go for it... I found the same effect with the Carb Cutter and now the Zantrex 3... I did like the Phen, but once my BMI was in line, I could not get anymore... plus I will admit, it did give me the jitters on occasion. Talk to your doc, like the post above said, it really does help but if your BMI is lower than I believe 25, you are not a good candidate and should stick with OTC. I swear by the CarbCutter and if you get it at GNC, they will take it back if it does not work for you. Good luck!

Closed Thread