It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 9!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
Andrea -

Can you explain the rules of these challenges? I keep seeing them, but am new enough not to know how they work.

jdog

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 06:48 AM   #3
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Cool

Good Morning Y'all

jdog the challenge is what ever weight loss plan you pick to be on and how much weight you want to lose in this period of time frame..

Kids last day of school and I over sleep.
They plum wore me out this weekend swimming and all.
I have so much I need to get done today they are calling for us to have rain everyday this week.
I have so much I need to get done before the kids get home today.I did sneak a peek and weighed myself today just to see how much water I did injest from the lake this weekend,lol, I am down to 165, 3 pds gone my first week back on zantrex. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif
Well have a good day and I will check back in later.

Dee

Old 06-09-2003, 06:51 AM   #4
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Good Morning EVERYONE!!

I just tired to post and got a more than 8 characters post message b/c I was so excited thinking that I could post again. . . sooo . . I think I can begin posting again!! I HOPE SO!

Hopefully this post will come through. I've been banned for a LONG time, ever since the day Lisa's hubby was facing D-day with the $. It seems like I was banned forever. I was SO UPSET not being able to post. Not sure exactly why I was banned but I think it was b/c I replied to the moderator on the board thread instead of directly to them ....OOOOppppppsss! That'll teach me to keep my mouth SHUT! Everyday I tried to post with no luck....hopefully today is the day!

So I'M BACK! Yahoooooo!!!!!!!

Lisa, speaking of D day..I hope everything is going good with your hubby's job and he $!!

AP: I was so glad that I could at least read the post ..... your daily weight challege system made it easy for me find out what was going on with everyone. I like the number system http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif But I think I need a refresher course on counting calories!

I gained a WHOPPING 5 pounds from the family being here....the graduation picnic, lots of cookouts, out ot eat, ice cream, brownies, potato salad, and eating fried chicken, burgers, hot dogs, corn on cob, etc. and more than once. I was the worst I've been in a long time.

I feel like a bit fat rotunda!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif

Oh, Diet Princess: You don't have to worry about dreaming about cooking or eating fried chicken for at least another year. . I ate enough for me, you and the ENTIRE BOARD! Whewwwwwwwwwwwwww...Ummmmmmm.....

S Mom: I read your post about seeing your picture at the lake and that you are in awe! Congratulations! WAY TO GO.....You are an inspiration to me and after reading that post I realized that I needed to GET real serious with this weight!

Donuts: Throw the scale way! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif Its defective. I hate it when that happens. I've actually changed the batteries in my scale thinking something was wrong with it before. I'm sure its something wrong since they are new scales.....to say 8 then 5 pounds.....let us know. I've been thinking that I need to buy new scales...but I know they are right.

Oh, AP, I hope you are doing much better today. You are one tough lady who has been and continues to go through a lot. I hope you see at least some improvement soon. You dont' deserve all of this!

Its FINALLY NOT RAINING today. I thought I was going to float down the river on a journey of no return.

At last I hope I've made a U-turn and am back on the right track with this weight issue! Whewwww! Its been horrible for me . . having the family with children and other family in and out for 2 weeks was TOUGH (Don't get me wrong, I loved them being here . . but oh that food!) I guess it cold have been worse. I could have gained more than 5 pounds!

Hello to everyone, Houdini, Mtn. mom, Espz., all the new comers, everyone else I've not mentioned.

I'VE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH . . . its GO GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!!! I'm sorry that this message is SO long but I'm so happy to be here! I've needed someone to listen!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-09-2003, 07:00 AM   #5
Inactive

Whirl HB User
I'm SO EXCITED!!!! I GOT TO POST!!! YEAHHHHH!!!

I'M GOING TO RIDE MY BIKE OUTSIDE SOON. IT LOOKS LIKE I'D BE SKINNY, AND NOT WEIGH 182 TODAY WITH THE EXERCISE I DO, I EXERCISE PRETTY MUCH . . BUT I KNOW ITS WHAT I'M PUTTING IN MY BIG FAT MOUTH!!

I WAS GOING TO THE GYM, BUT ITS TOO PRETTY OUTSIDE...NO RAIN!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-09-2003, 07:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
I think my scale is fine. I guess I just didn't realize how much I've been eating lately. Time to cut back a little. Weighed myself this morning and now it's only 2 pounds above what it was Friday morning. That makes me feel better. Last week was just a bad week for me. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I kept eating junk in the office. Friday I went to McDonalds. And Saturday night, I went out for Thai food. Tastes great, but boy is it heavy. Sunday I got back on track and hopefully this week I can make up for last week.

I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning. That flab on my belly is sick. What bugs me is that I'm at what's considered my ideal weight, but I look in the mirror and see about 15-20 extra pounds. I still have a slight double chin too. The good thing is I'm seeing more muscle definition in my legs and arms. I can actually see the outline of my shoulder muscles for the first time.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:00 AM   #7

libby HB User
Good Morning to all!

Whirl, don't apologize one bit for your the length of your message. it was so much fun to read! I was laughing all the way through it. WELCOME BACK!

DNC...I think my scales caught your scales' disease. I got on the scales this morning and was up almost 2 pounds. YIKES! I would like to think it's the scales anyway. But I know it's real...yuck! You know how it is when you get up in the morning and you can feel the new weight on? I could tell it wasn't going to be pretty.

Sometimes when I feel that I just don't go to the scales because I do not want to get discouraged. Today though, I told myself I would use it to motivate me before I even got on the scales.

Sooooo....I guess the cookies I ate saturday night did a number on me....like almost 2. And....it's carbo detox time again! Takes me about 4 days to get through it. One down 3 to go!

Thanks for listening!
Libby

Old 06-09-2003, 08:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
Thanks for the rules guys. I'm wondering if everyone on this forum just has a few pounds to lose. I, unfortunately, need to lose a whole person. I'm wondering if there are any long term challenges going on. I started my personal one on 6/1 and am doing OK so far.

jdog

Old 06-09-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi everyone! I'm finally back on the board after being away for a few days. I think Thursday was the last day I posted - feels like I've been away for weeks! We had our big party at our house this weekend, & I took Friday off work to finish getting ready. Didn't have quite as many guests as expected, but we had around 200 I think. So I really didn't have much time to be on the computer. The good thing is, I didn't mess up as bad as I thought I would over the weekend. I totally expected to see a gain of 3-4 pounds, but only gained 1.5. I can definitely live with that! I'm back on track today, so hopefully the 1.5 will be gone by the end of this week. Thank god this party is over! It's a lot of fun, but also a lot of work and $$$. But everyone had a great time, the band was awesome as usual, the food was great & we had about 40 people set up tents & campers in our yard - it looked like a regular campground, it was kinda funny! We kicked butt on the cleanup yesterday, so tonight I'm going to kick back and relax (as soon as I'm done working out!). Aaaahhhhhhh...

I feel like I've missed so much here! Hope you've all been doing well.

AP - I read your post about what happened to you, and am so sorry for what you've been put through. But Jen is right - you're SO strong, and we're so grateful to have you here on this board sharing your strength and motivating us. Hugs to you!!!

SM - good luck getting everything done today! I'd come help you if I weren't so exhausted from the weekend craziness! Congrats on the 3 lbs!

Whirl - WELCOME BACK! You'd better behave, you naughty girl! LOL! Sorry about your 5 lbs, but jump back on the wagon & get rid of it - YOU CAN DO IT!!! Enjoy your bike ride.

Donuts - WTG on the muscle definition! I think I'm slowly getting to where I can see some of that too. That gives me motivation to get up & exercise even more. Good luck getting back on track - hope this week is better for you!

Libby - sorry the cookies caught up to you! I've been there & done that. Don't let it get you down, just get back on track a.s.a.p.

Hello to Esp, Mtn, Jen, DP and everyone else - hope you all have a good week. It's great to be back!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-09-2003, 09:05 AM   #10
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by jdog:
Thanks for the rules guys. I'm wondering if everyone on this forum just has a few pounds to lose. I, unfortunately, need to lose a whole person. I'm wondering if there are any long term challenges going on. I started my personal one on 6/1 and am doing OK so far.

jdog
Hi jdog,

I am fortunate to be one of those who don't have very much to lose (about 10-12 more), but I can tell you that there is a wide range of people here, and many are trying to lose as much as you. There was a thread called "100+ Losers Club" - I think it's on page 2 now if you look. Read the posts there (if you haven't already) and you'll see you're definitely not alone! But we're glad to have you here on the board with us. This is such a great place for support and motivation. Good luck reaching your goal! You can do it!!!

Old 06-09-2003, 09:13 AM   #11
Inactive

Whirl HB User
jdog

All of us have weight to lose, not matter how much!!!
It makes no difference how much you need to lose. Yes, there are some who do have a whole person to lose.

The Summer Challenge that is posted daily that is started by Andrea is the one that I feel most comfortable with posting my thoughts about weight, etc. I feel like I know everyone personally! The challenge number changes daily. Just follow the number . . i.e., Summer Weight Loss Challenge #___. The reason it changes daily is because the threads get so long . . like the cidar vinegar one . . take too much time to read everyone's new posts.

You don't have to post your weight or anything else if you don't want to.. the challenge is only what you want it to be. You can just read the post and just tell us how your day is going if need be!!! You can see from our post we tell each other quite a bit!

There are lots of ideas and great suggestions from many fellow dieters! I like to follow the Summer W. Loss Challenge b/c I started reading and posting back at Easter when there was an Easter CHallenge that lead to a Memorial Day and now to summer. There are some great weight loss results that people are reporting and they giv what they are doing to to produce results.

Stick to the board and we will give you as much encouragement as you need!!!

WELCOME!

PS I see you are in Raleigh...I'm on the NC coast.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:39 AM   #12

libby HB User
Just a quick question....is there a faster wayto get to the weight loss board? Or do I have to scroll down the list everytime I log on? Is there like a favorites list or something?

I should probably know this already, but I don't.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:57 AM   #13
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
jdog, some of us have about 10 pounds left to lose, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The less you have to lose, the harder it is. My body is extremely sensitive to what I eat now. If I eat slightly more than I should or miss a workout, somehow I gain weight.

libby, have you tried just bookmarking the weight loss page.

Old 06-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #14

libby HB User
DNC...now I am really going to sound ignorant ... How do I do that?

I'm really not a ditz..lol...just technically challenged. Any instruction would be very apprectiated! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 06-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #15
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by jdog:
Andrea -

Can you explain the rules of these challenges? I keep seeing them, but am new enough not to know how they work.

jdog
there are no rules jd. its not a contest, its just a motivational support group to see how much we can all lose by the end of august.

Closed Thread