It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #1

heres1-4u HB User
Angry HELP!!! I fell off the wagon!!!!!

I have been doing the ACV thing for a week now. I started out with the drink, and then switched to the pills. I try to weigh in only once a week, on Monday morning. I did my weigh in this morning, and I had lost 5 pounds!!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif BUT...... this afternoon, I guess I had a brain fart, or something. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif Anyway, my 10 year old daughter wanted me to make fried biscuits as a snack for her, so I gave in after much oposition. And I CAVED!!!!! Now, I am getting ready to go out for my walk. I did so good this morning!!! I had my 64 ounces of water down by 11:00 a.m. I feel so guilty for caving!!! Please help me retain my motivation!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I always allow myself an indulgence every so often. I know that for the most part, I eat so good and exercise daily... so if I am craving something, no matter what it is, I allow myself to "cave", it doesnt happen too often, but once a week, I have an indulgence. If you are so strict and never allow yourself a treat, your body will resent you for it... ending in a binge typically. Once you realize that you are not on a "diet" and you get it in your head that this is just your lifestyle, ie. "Im going to eat healthy and take care of myself, but life is too short not to ever have a piece of cake (or a biscuit)" then things will be better for you. Now, if you said you had been eating like that for days and days, that would cause concern, but come on now... one indulgence? Give yourself a break, you are human... call it your treat for the week and move on. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Yes do not get down on yourself give yourself what I learned on here as a free day or free weekend.

Here is a saying I say I was depressed overweight I be darn I will be depressed while I lose weight...
When you think about it makes a great treat not seem so bad.And another thing you didnt eat all of it, thats a plus...Just try to think of it in different ways than Oh My I Ate That What Shall I Do Now...

Cheer up and hang in,
Dee

Old 06-09-2003, 09:04 PM   #4

heres1-4u HB User
Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I have done this all before, and I would think, "just one won't hurt me". Next thing I know, I have taken a week, then two, then three, then I go completely nuts eating for about 2-3 months. Guess I just wanted reassurance that I could keep going. Thanks again!!!

Closed Thread