It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2003, 06:50 AM   #1

Leigh88 HB User
Question ready to try a weight loss pill, xenadrine or hydroxycut, or xantrex?

I'm new to this forum, and I've been reading all your posts for the last couple days, and it seems that you all have quite a bit of wisdom.

Maybe you can help me out. I'm 26, and have been on the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program for the last year and a half. I have lost 38 pounds to date (since having my 3rd baby), but have been at a plateau for the last several months. I exercise 3x a week on my treadmill. I still need to lose 30 more pounds. I have never tried a diet pill of any kind. From what I have been reading, it seems that after a lot of people take something with Ephedra in it, the pills without ephedra don't work as well. My question is.... Since I've never taken anything, is it likely that the ephedra free xenadrine or hydroxycut would work for me?
Also, in my reading about Xantrex-3, I have learned that it's best for people who only need to lose 5-15 pounds. Since I need to lose 30 lbs., might that be an inappropriate choice for me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! You all certainly are motivating!! I've enjoyed this forum so much so far!!

Old 06-06-2003, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Hello Leigh and Welcome

The only pill I have taken is zantrex and I have went from 210(March) to (June)168 pounds.Byran has taken them and if I am right he has lost 30 something pds.I also take a carb cutter and keep my daily calories 1200-1300.Congrats on your weightloss.This have caffiene in them not ephedra.I like boost they give not like that jittery diet pill feeling...Hope this helps some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #3

Leigh88 HB User
Thanks for your help, So. Mom. Maybe I will consider Zantrex some more. It certainly seems to have worked for you and Bryan. Congratulations on your weight loss as well!
I'm also considering taking CLA along with Zantrex or Xenadrine, etc. Since it doesn't have additional caffine. I've heard that combining the two can have really good effects.
I'm also going to start eating more throughout the day. For the last year or so, I only eat one meal a day. I'm certain, now, that it has slowed my metabolism to a crawling pace. It's just so hard to make myself eat when I'm not hungry. (That carbo addicts diet really gets rid of the cravings!)

I'm glad to hear that Zantrex worked for you for more than just a few pounds loss. I'm hoping that whatever I choose will help get my metabolism started again.
thanks!

Old 06-06-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
Inactive

u2girl HB User
Hi,

I wanted to chime in here. I started taking Xenadrine EFX (ephedra free) on Monday. When I got on the scale this morning, I was down by 8.6 lbs. I was absolutely amazed. I am loving Xenadrine. I have never taken Zantrex, so I can't vouch for that. The Xenadrine that I got is a packaged deal. It comes with a 90 day supply of Xenadrine, a 14-day diet plan and a video explaining the diet plan and the exercise you should do for optimal results. The box say you can lose up to 14 lbs in 14 days. I certainly believe it is possible if I have already dropped 8.

Walmart sells this package deal for around $22.00. Looks like you are going to try Zantrex, but I wanted to let you know that Xenadrine has worked for me.

Best wishes in whichever you choose.

U2girl

Old 06-09-2003, 04:46 AM   #5

liquidstar HB User
Just one thing about Xenadrine EFX...

I used to take it but it made me feel sick so I returned it. I recently saw a thing on the news saying how the people who run the company that make Xenadrine, were accused of lying and making false statements in their commercials. I don't remember everything it said but I'm going to go look for a newspaper article on it if you want more information.

Old 06-09-2003, 07:55 AM   #6

Cepedaa HB User
Hey Leigh
Have you thought about maybe adding a fourth day of workout? That worked for me, when I lost weight the first time. If your curious as to why I gained it back, it's beacuse I stopeed working out and went on a 10 month binge!
I also know what it's like to not be hungry, I drank a slim fast if I was not hungry, u need some fuel during the day. If I was hungry I ate if I was not a slim fast did it's job. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #7

Leigh88 HB User
Hi,
thanks so much for everyone's help and advice.
I have decided to try Xenadrine and CLA.
It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I'll keep you posted on how I do with it.

As far as drinking Slimfast when I'm not hungry....
I can't have anything with sugar or even sweet tasting (artificial sweetner) unless it's during my one hour a day when I'm allowed to have carbs. The sugar sets off the insulin, which causes very intense carb cravings. (FOR MORE SWEETS, BREADS, STARCHES, ETC.) And I love living craving free, so I"m not about to ruin it by having a slim fast. If I ever get off my program (Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program), I instantly start gaining pounds. I could gain 10 pounds in a week, I"m sure, but I've never been off my program (during last 1 1/2 yrs.) for more than 4 days. I put on 5 lbs., but got back on program and it came off.
Maybe I'll post about this program in case someone else is interested in trying it.
Anyway, I just have to make myself eat raw or cooked veges, or some kind of meat or cheese. Kind of a pain, slim fast would be so much easier, but it's worth it.

Closed Thread