It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 10!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 09:56 PM   #2

mommyoftwo HB User
Hello everyone, even though I havn't been posting I have been reading this everyday. I don't know why I can seem to get myself going on this weight loss. I know it takes lots of disipline (sp?). I just dont know if I have it.

I started about 2 months ago and I lost some, but hearing people say it is only water weight just depresses me! Plus I swear I have to about starve myself to lose any weight. I'm not a lazy person, I have two boys that keep me hopping! But I am lazy at eating healthy. I guess I just need to look at this as a new starting point, not starving point.

Good luck everyone! I hope that you reach your goals.

[This message has been edited by mommyoftwo (edited 06-09-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 10:26 PM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
mommy

im havin the same trouble but i ned 2 get on it ive got a weddin&a pool that was just opened.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:57 AM   #4

web4mel HB User
Cool

Well I have a SUMMER weight loss post for real.

It had been almost ten years since my belly skin saw the light of day-since there was soooo much of it. But I recently bought a two piece bathing suit after losing so much weight that I thought I could stand what I see in the mirror in a bikini.

I am down from 190 to, as of this morning, 156. I am 5'7" and wearing many 10's now, and a few 12's. I am buttoning my jackets, and some things are too big now to wear.

So I went to the pool and laid out. My arms and legs were well on their way to tan, I have been in Florida over three months now. But my belly skin was WHITE like snow.

I was only on my back an hour but boy did I end up looking the lobster! Every time I see it I laugh, and it reminds me that 34 pounds ago it never would have happened. And I smile.

Old 06-10-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Good Morning Everyone!

I have to report that I stated using that ****** site yesterday and boy do I love it. I love the way it counts calories, carbs, etc. for you with guessing. Everytime I put ANYTHING in my mouth I ran in here to put it in the computer. I figured out what I need per day and I'm STICKING to it. It felt so good yesterday to know I'd finally made a COMMITMENT to getting this weight off.

I'm not going to take any supplements just yet. I was going to use something, but I am taking a one a day woman's vitamin.

So I FINALLY made a commitment to a diet plan and I'm GOING TO STICK WITH IT http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif It took me a while to figure out what to do. I was so excited about this using site that I was bragging to my husband about it. He smiled. He is such a good man! I'm very lucky.

I ate 1 cherry, I repeat 1 cherry yesterday and came in and posted it immediately, because afterall, everything I put in my mouth counts!!

AP: I hope you got some sleep last night and that you are a little better today! Sounds like you had a HORRIBLE DAY!!! <<<hugs>>>!!!

Houdini: Glad your party went well . . .and only a 1.5 gain!!! Whewwwww!

SM - I'm so happy for that little girl who has such a wonderful Southern MOM! Thanks for sharing that. It touched my heart http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

DNCoffee: I know about those mirrors. . Arrrggg!!! But I'm working on it. Candy yesterday . . not so bad, it would have been much worse!

web4: Enjoy every minute in the sun you can...you deserve it . . great weight loss and GOOD FOR YOU!

W Finest: Bahamas??? Didn't you forget to take something??? . . . Like everyone on the board with you!!!

Libby - hope the scales removed that cookie gain for you today! they'll do it everytime ..how are those SF peanut butter cups?

Jen: Hope you got some rest. . . you had a full MOMMY day yesterday - and AF . .argggg ..I understand about ripping someones head off!

Froggie . . don't worry too much....have you tried using ******...it works well...i too think I had been trying to combing too many diets ..then I chose to eat sensibly, follow a good diet plan.....and exercise - IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN...but you don't have much to lose, but I KNOW, I KNOW. . . its still HARD

Mom of 2 - don't LISTEN to everyone . . if your losing, you're losing!!! Stick to you guns and ride their comments out. . they are all probably jealous!

Esp, Mtn, and D.Princess - Hello to you all too and to everyone else....

Oh . . old house - good for the water . that is one of my downfalls!!!!!

More later. Its off to the gym. I rode my bide outside yesterday. Going to try to alternate what I do everyday!!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-10-2003, 07:19 AM   #6
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Well, I sure blew it yesterday! Started off so well, and had every intention of doing my workout. But when I got home from work, I found that I was still completely exhausted from the weekend, which put me in a crabby mood. Being in a crabby mood makes me want to eat for comfort. So I ended up going about 500 calories over my limit for the day! And of course I didn't work out, either. Grrrr!

I'm not starting today off too well, either - had my planned breakfast, but an hour later I snacked on a Slim-Fast meal bar, so here it is a little after 9 AM and I've already had breakfast and lunch. I know I'm going to have to eat something at lunchtime, so I'm hoping I'll just have my yogurt, because that will still leave me plenty of calories for dinner if I can avoid snacking this afternoon. I can still save the day if I really try - wish me luck!

SM - that was so nice of you to throw that little girl a party! What a sad situation she's in. Hope she can be strong and not let it eat away at her. I just can't imagine how she must feel, poor thing.

AP - OMG, I'm so sorry about what happened to you yesterday... hope you're feeling a bit better today!

Mommyoftwo - don't worry about what ANYONE says - just stick to your plan and stay in control (I should talk! ). Weight lost is weight lost - no matter whether it's water or not, it's still good motivation to lose more!

Web4mel - congrats on the bikini! Be careful in that sun, though!

Whirl - I'm using ******, too - dontcha just love it? I never would have found it if I hadn't found this board first!

Hello to everyone else, too! Have a great day!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-10-2003, 08:50 AM   #7
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Hello all! This will probably be the only time I check in today. I've been running "like a chicken with her head cut off" since 5 a.m. this morning! I did manage to get my walk in but just thinking of the things I've got to accomplish in the next few days...wears me out!!! It doesn't help that I had most of our teachers lined up for VBS (which is only a month away) and now I've had atleast 6 people call me and say they've changed their mind for one reason or another! Oh, did I mention that my supposed assistant had completed none of her responsibilities and I've had to do that too???? Sorry to vent guys; but its Frustration City here today! I would probably enjoy my vacation this week if it weren't for the fact that now I've got so much on my mind!

Okay, so the good thing about today is that I haven't pigged out yet (though honestly, the thought has crossed my mind!). But, food isn't going to solve any of these problems; I know that!

Tonite I must go to the grocery store and but food for our camping trip. Healthy food, I might add!!! I've packed a few things but there's still much to be done. I'll need a vacation BEFORE my vacation!!!! Looking at the forecast for this weekend; they are calling for rain. The only good thing about that is that I won't have to put on a bathing suit!!!!HA,HA-- maybe Mother Nature is on my side!!LOL

Andrea: Hope you are feeling better hon! I know that sometimes the day after an injury can be worse than when it happened. I hope this isn't the case. I'm keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Well, although I'd love to sit here all day and chat with my friends (while pretending nothing else in my world existed) I must get back to the reality that there are still things to do. So, until tomorrow---bye! Hope you all have a great day!

Jen

Old 06-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #8
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
man, im really falling behind here huh? i used to post 20 million times a day, but these days have been so busy, im missing posts!

well i hope everyone is well. im a little bummed that i've been outof the weight loss thinking a little too long now, but i seem to be doing ok. wish i was losing, but i guess i should be thankful to not be gaining, since im not thinking about it!!

hugs to all!

ap, hope you're well! hugs hun!

Old 06-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #9
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys!!!!!

thank you all for the support. thats very sweet. my back is still very much swollen where it it&im sure the bruise is nasty! and yes it hurts... as does my neck b/c my chiro appt didnt go well the other day& i just emailed the head chiro begging him to allow me another appt this week so we will see.

to those who are doing well: wtg! keep it up!

and if u havent been doin well..... cmon we can do it!!!!!! i havent been doing great either, but im ready 2 make a fresh start today

Old 06-10-2003, 11:42 AM   #10
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

HI AP . . sorry you are having such a yulky day!!! You tell the chirop. that I said to give you another appt and I mean it http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif <<<hugs>>>

I'm fixing to go tan and will be back soon and check in later this afternoon. This body needs something to make it look half way descent . . and fat, bouncing giggly fat at that, looks better tanned anyday!

More later!

Old 06-10-2003, 11:50 AM   #11
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Didn't walk this morning- I have had a sore throat for a few days now... I slept on the couch so that I wouldn't get hubby sick- didn't sleep too well! The couch is great for naps, but not for sleeping through the night.

I am planning to go for a walk tonight.

Good luck everyone... it's so hard to be good this time of year! I associate summer with eating yummy stuff, so it's really hard to stay on track!

Old 06-10-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys,

froggie: sorry yr not feelin well. feel better!

whirl: lmao!!!!! thanks hon. ya know what i pasted that in email&sent it to him

Old 06-10-2003, 12:34 PM   #13

libby HB User
Hello All!

It was very encourageing to read all the above posts. I am sort of in a weight loss funk. I ate those "deadly" cookies the other night and the scales popped up by about 2 pounds. That was Saturday. I was hoping by today the scales would have dropped. (I have been very faithful.) Instead, another pound gained. Not sure what to make of it.

Does anyone know how long it takes for excess carbs and fat to turn to Body Fat?

I just have to tell myself that eventually it WILL come off....at least I hope so.

You guys are doing great! Keep it up!
Libby

Old 06-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
libby!!!!! whats up girl!? im so sorry. hang in there. im havin the same prob.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #15

Suzie142 HB User
Hello, sorry that some of you are having a hard time. Don't worry. Your time will come. I have a hard time moving around. I am at 230 now was 350 three years ago and I am 5'9". It was hard to lose the weight. But I believed in myself when others gave up on me. My fiance' left after 10 months because he told me its the weight or me. Well guess what I chose. I needed support I didn't need someone to keep me down. So I understand where you are. Just stick with us and keep up the talking, it helps. Take care, suzie

Closed Thread