It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Unhappy I'm a failure!!!

I am such a failure! I can't stay on a diet! I was doing wonderful on the Mayo diet, but after my 2 days off, I just couldn't go back on. I don't know what to do! Has anyone ever tried a body cleanse? I have been reading about them and I am thinking very seriously about cleansing my body. Well, I will go now and deal with my failure self! Thanks for listening!

JoJo

Old 06-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #2
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
youre NOT a failure! youll find what works for you. (((((hugs))))))

as for the cleanse, someone on jere did it& got sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hold it right there, JoJo! The first thing you have to do is stop thinking of yourself as a failure. Don't be so hard on yourself!

The way I see it, you have two choices here. 1) Try the Mayo diet again and see if you can stick to it the next time around, or 2) find another diet that's easier for you! Mayo just might not be the right one for you. I know that plenty of people use it successfully, but not every diet works for every person.

Personally, I highly recommend you try something you might find easier. What about counting calories like I do? I can have anything I want, in limited quantities, and I take weekends off (but don't go crazy). Or what about the "half" diet, where you just eat half of anything you normally would have eaten? These can both be very easy to stick to. And there are so many other diets out there. Or maybe just casually watching what you eat & trying to eat healthier would work?

Keep yourself open to other options besides Mayo. Get your exercise, and load up on water. You WILL find a plan you can stick to, and you WILL lose the weight! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

We're cheering you on! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 06-10-2003).]

Old 06-10-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
Well, you must stop being so hard on yourself... first thing I recommend is STOP DIETING! That is the number one reason that the majority of this country is overweight... unless you find a healthy lifestyle you can stick with, you are going to constantly be in a state of "yo-yo", IMHO. Diets don't work!!!!! Especially fad diets. If low carb is your gig, then find something you can stick with... but nothing drastic that forces your body into a state of shock... when your body is forced into an unhealthy state, it will eventually resent you and you will find yourself binging. Try to find something that works for you...something you think you can stick with for life... it gets easier then... allow yourself an indulgence every so often and don't be so hard on yourself Good luck!

Old 06-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #5
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Thanks! You guys always make me feel better!

JoJo

Old 06-11-2003, 08:41 AM   #6

mishka1111 HB User
Cool

Boy, first I have to congratulate you on your weight loss & for sticking it out on the Mayo diet for as long as you did. That is something I can't do.
If you can stick it out on a strict diet like that you can find one that works for you.
My friend did something similar to yours for 2 weeks & I looked at it & said no way. It's the same way with the Mayo- I did it for 1 day & I got tired of it, because I couldn't keep to it, especially when I went out.
Remember you are only a loser, because you lost that weight.

Old 06-11-2003, 09:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
JoJo1972,

The fact that you're telling yourself you're a failure means you're not one. The people who are failures can't even admit it. They find ways to rationalize not sticking with something so they can walk away not feeling like a quitter. Recognizing slipups is the first step in making progress.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Everyone messes up sometimes. Be a little easier on yourself, and you'll find something that works for you.

Cheer up and take care!

Old 06-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
Inactive

jennielynn HB User
Take it easy on yourself! Finding an eating lifestyle that is compatible with you is more than about losing pounds or counting calories. It's about eating better and becoming healthier. I would recommend just counting calories and trying to make more sensible choices. Even if you would eat 1200 calories worth of veggies in day (which I doubt anyone can do) it's still better than eating 1200 calories worth of junk. I wouldn't recommend jumping into any fad diets; just eat sensible!!!

Closed Thread