It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 11!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2003, 09:54 PM   #2

theoldhouse HB User
Another good day!

Consumed my gallon of water.
2 mile WATP.
Food intake healthy and moderate.

Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2003, 01:02 AM   #3

libby HB User
Okay...now that I just finished reading all the posts from earlier on the other page, maybe i will be able to go to sleep! But I have to tell ya....those reads were so good! This IS a GREAT group of people!

I managed to make it through the day staying on track. I think I will see a drop tomorrow morning...or should I say later this morning...lol. I can feel it in my hands. Sometimes it works that way....know what I mean?

Houdini...thanks for the encouragement lady!

Froggie...think about how good you feel when YOU are in control and not your apetite.

AP...as always, you are a wonder!

I think I need to make a list of everyone's names. I forget who said what by the time I reply. (it's a senior thing )

Later! Libby

Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 AM   #4
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Good morning! It's a new day, and we're all gonna do great with our food intake & exercise today, right? RIGHT! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif I've lost the 1.5 pounds I gained over the weekend, so I'm starting the day in a great mood. Hope it lasts!

Quote:
Originally posted by libby:
...I think I need to make a list of everyone's names. I forget who said what by the time I reply...
Libby,

I have the same problem sometimes, so what I do is open this website on two different Explorer windows. That way I can have a message open on one window so I can read it, while I'm typing my reply in the other window. Hope this isn't too confusing. Maybe there's an easier way, but I haven't found it yet!

Have a great day, everyone!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-11-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Good Morning Everyone!

This is going to be a great day. My scales are showing 2 lbs. down...finally getting rid of some of that fried chicken from the 2 weeks of family love and food! I wont' get too excited just yet though.

I'm doing great and I'm on day 3 using ******. I love being able to see the total calories, etc. Its amazing to me, exactly how fast those calories add up, especially when you don't think they are. Food is food and it all COUNTS (I have to keep http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif that into my head!) I'm not drinking water like I should, but I'm working on that issue.......

I'm going to work out at the gym again today. I did the cross-trainer and some weights yesterday and whewwwwwwww....that cross-trainer has several different modes you can set and I tried them all. It also tried me I'm a little sore, but not TOO bad... what is that saying: "NO PAIN, NO GAIN http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing.

GOOD FOR YOU HOUDINI 1.5 GONE http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-11-2003, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
I have not posted in awhile, did you guys miss me? LOL
But, I read your post everyday, this group is awesome!

I am still waiting to see what's going to happen with dh job and bonus money so I dont have any new news yet. I will post to you as soon as I know something!

My weight is doing ok, I'm down to 138 so that's 2 pounds under my goal. I'm 5'8 so I thought 140 was a good goal weight.

I hope you all have a great day!!!

You guys rock!!

Old 06-11-2003, 07:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Hello eveyone. Hope you're all doing well today.

I wanted to respond to the "forgetting the names thing". When you're typing your reply, if you scroll down the page a bit, there is another box (under the "Submit Reply" and "Clear Fields" buttons) that you can scroll. Grab the scroll in that window and scroll down and you can read the entire thread without another window.

Whirl, you're going to love ******. It is awesome!!

Good luck everyone.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:53 AM   #8
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Linda, thanks for the tip! Can't believe I've never even noticed that scroll box down there. Beats the heck outta opening two separate windows!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Well I'm feeling really good today. My pants are feeling very loose. If I don't put a belt on, the pants sink low enough where the cuffs start to drag along the floor. Also, I checked my body fat and it's down to 12.3% which is the lowest it's ever been. By my calculations, of the weight that I've lost in the last 4 and 1/2 months, less than a pound of it was muscle. I guess that means I might've gained some muscle to offset the muscle I was losing. If that's the case, then I don't mind that my weight is higher than it was last week. My belly does not seem to be getting smaller though. The mirror makes it look like I still have 10 extra pounds. Hopefully by the end of summer, it'll be gone.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:29 AM   #10
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Congratulations, Donuts!!!!!! That's REALLY low fat %! I am not sure exactly what guys are supposed to be, but that seems low- awesome!!

Whirl- good job on the 2 lb loss!!

Yellowrose- I have been wondering about you- hope everything works out okay- I know that waiting can be as bad as the actual problem itself.

I am doing better on the motivation thing- I was good yesterday and have been good today ... but it's only 9:20 am!!

I found a cereal that is low in carbs (for cereal)- it has 21 g (I think) per 1/2 cup. Of course, I can't remember the name of it, but it's organic. It tastes pretty good if you put berries on it.

Can't wait to loose 4 more pounds and get my nails done!! If I could get rid of this sore throat (I have spots on my tonsils now...) I would feel like working out. I barely walked yesterday, but today I plan to go to aerobics if I feel okay.

Hope you all have a good, healthy day!

Old 06-11-2003, 08:44 AM   #11
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
hi guys!

frog: feel better! could it be strep?

libby: lol. thanks hon. good job good luck wh weigh in

houdini:wtg! i too use separate windows. btw: i didnt see any scroll thing.

whirl: good morning hon. yre doing great! keepm it up! congrats on the loss!!

lisa: you rock! of course weve missed ya! sorry u havent heard anything yet.

hi linda!!!!!

congrats dnc!!!!!

my neck is killin me& the swelling on my back is starting to go down.

Old 06-11-2003, 08:45 AM   #12
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User
Smile

Good Morning All

Linda you are so right I never seen that extra box under my reply page...That is cool...Thanks for the tip.

Good job Carol, you are sticking with it.

Libby hope your drop shows up, hang in.

Houdini http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Congrats on the 1.5 pds gone.

Whirl 2 pds down also.Stick with ****** when I read Linda's post about ****** and I went to the site I have been on it ever since.

Lisa Good Luck about hubby.Stand your ground.
under your goal weight,you go girl!!!!

Coffee Congrats on all the body fat you have lost and for doing a great job the last 4 and 1/2 months.Ya know sometimes I think mirrors do not like to see a change,I think they are evil lol.

I know what I am about to say sounds so stupid but with the weight I have lost some days I feel like I dont look any different then if I had not lost any weight.When I look in the mirror I swear I still have days where I feel like a big bloated mushroom.They are evil I say. LoL
Maybe its a blonde thing I have going.Then I think oh lord what did I look like with all the weight I just lost..
I hope everyone has a good day,tomorrow will be my weekly weigh in.Fingers crossed.Check back later.
Dee

[This message has been edited by southern_mom33 (edited 06-11-2003).]

Old 06-11-2003, 09:42 AM   #13
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
hi all!

oh dee i hear ya. when i was down 15 lbs last summer, i still felt gross. now i only pray to get there again!!!! i know now that i did look better then!

Old 06-11-2003, 09:56 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Dee,

I don't think it sounds stupid. I look at myself in the mirror and see the same person I saw 4.5 months ago. If it weren't for the scale and seeing how my clothes fit differently, I'd never know I lost weight. That's the problem with seeing yourself everyday. You don't notice changes. The real test is finding someone who hasn't seen you in a long time.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #15
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Dee, I know what you mean. Some days I feel so fat. Today is a skinny day (I think because these pants are black and very slimming!). But yesterday, I felt like a whale.

It's weird how you can feel so different from day to day...

Closed Thread