It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 10:15 AM   #1

Jimini HB User
Thumbs up Cabbage Soup Diet works wonders

I have done this diet 3 times in the past and the first time i did it i lost 8lbs in a week, second time i cheated and only lost 3, then the third time i lost 6 lbs. Now i want to start doing it again and does anyone want to try it with me and does anyone else have success stories???

Old 06-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #2

luvPeace HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimini:
I have done this diet 3 times in the past and the first time i did it i lost 8lbs in a week, second time i cheated and only lost 3, then the third time i lost 6 lbs. Now i want to start doing it again and does anyone want to try it with me and does anyone else have success stories???
I have heard cabbage is real good for weight loss.How many times do u drink the soup in single day.Is it complete meal replacement or what.Do let me know..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 11:35 AM   #3
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I liked the idea of all the veggies and not starving myself... I did not like the plan itself, fruit one day, but not the next, yadda yadda... seemed complicated and too "faddy"... I also heard most people say that by the end they had to "choke" it down as to not gag... let me know your experience.... I do have some quick weight to get off before my cruise... don't care if it comes back, just looking for a quick fix right now!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #4

Jimini HB User
In order to do the diet properly, you have to eat as much soup as you can. I also drank at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. The trick is if you don't feel like drinking the soup have either the fruit, or veggie with water, because if you force yourself to eat it that's when you will hate it and "gag" so to say. I would wake up in the morning, drink a glass of water, have either a fruit or veggie, and then i would have soup. I had at least 4 bowls of soup a day, even as a snack. And i must say it isn't easy, the bathroom becomes your friend, but it does work if you stick to it. I have to do it because at hte start of August i am off to Dominican for 2 weeks, so i need to shed at least 20 lbs in about a month and a half. Hopefully even more if i stick to it diligently.

Old 06-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #5

annes73 HB User
can someone explain what this 'diet'consists of? How long are you suppose to do it etc....
thx....annes73

------------------
Children are Precious.....Lets keep them Safe!!!
H-5'5" F

Old 06-12-2003, 04:09 PM   #6

izzybee HB User
I have tried this diet a couple of times. It does work but basically you are only losing water weight. It's a good cleansing diet to start with but you must continue to eat low cal and low fat to see any more results. I found that exercise is necessary to honestly shed any pounds- once you start the exercise you honestly start to feel guilty for missing a day at the gym.

Okay, are you ready? Here we go:
1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
2 large onions, chopped
16-28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers
4 stalks celery
1-2 packages Lipton onion soup mix
black pepper
fresh herbs, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
1/2 pound green beans, sliced on diagonal
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)

Put all vegetables in a big pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, stir in the soup mix, and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs (saving some for garnish).
Eat as much of the soup as you like, as often as you like.
Here's what else you can eat, and when:

DAY 1: All fruits except bananas.

DAY 2: All vegetables, raw or cooked. This includes baked potato with a LITTLE butter.

DAY 3: Fruits and vegetables, but no potatoes or bananas.

DAY 4: Bananas and skim milk--eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as many as 8 glasses of skim milk.

DAY 5: Beef, skinless chicken, and/or fish--as much as 20 ounces, total. You can also eat 6 tomatoes. And you must drink 8 glasses of water. Don't forget at least one bowl of soup.

DAY 6: Beef, skinless chicken, or fish and vegetables. Drink 8 glasses of water and eat at least one bowl of soup.

DAY 7: Brown rice, vegetables, and unsweetened fruit juice.

Good luck!

Closed Thread