It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
Post summer weight loss challenge 12!

This is the summer wt loss challenge from 6-1- 8-31. all are welcome to join@any time

Old 06-12-2003, 06:12 AM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Good morning, everyone! Woohoo - my scale says I'm down to 145 today! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Haven't seen 145 in about 3 years! With the help of this board, I'm getting closer to my goal every day (well, almost every day - now & then I take a small step backward! ) My goal is 135-140, haven't decided for sure yet. But you guys are so great, thanks for being there for me! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

I tried my Taebo Advanced Workout for the first time last night - OMG! I'm SOOOO not ready for that yet! I really like the Taebo workouts though, but find that some of the moves I just can't do fast enough. I don't think it's a matter of being out of shape, I think I just can't move some of my parts that fast! Oh well, I just go through it & do the best I can. I also want to buy The Firm soon & add that to my routine.

Donuts, sorry about your crash, but you'll do better today! Besides, that sure does sound yummy - I LOVE fast food & haven't had it in so long!

Hope everyone has a great day!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 06:16 AM   #3
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
good morning guys!

houdini: great job, youre almost there!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 07:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
WTG Houdini!!! Good for you!!!

I just wanted to say Hi to all of you!! I'm going to be gone later today until Monday and wanted to tell you guys to have a great and safe weekend!

Take care my friends!!

Old 06-12-2003, 07:30 AM   #5
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Good Morning to ALL!

I just got back from the gym...I think I'm on a roll; let's hope it last; I think it will. At least I joing up and I think since I Paid $$ to join I'm certainlyu not going to waste my $$! That cross-trainer is a great machine,but Wheww..its a real workout.

DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT TODAY IS?????
Its officially "Friday Eve" . . that's what I used to call it when I was working and I still I hope you like calling Thursday Friday Eve as much as I do.

I was reading the posts from yesterday . .I know about feeling funny and having fat and skinny days. But a strange thing happend today for a change!!! When I woke up this morning I felt so good and skinny?...well not quite skinny) but at least not so big!

DNCoffee - Wendy's huh? I just happen to love those fries. Tomorrow is Friday and then you know what that means?..... BEER and/or WINE. Just do your work out tonight! That stop at Wendy's wasn't so bad..if it was me I'd also have ordered a "FROSTY" Ummmmmmm!

Good Morning AP . .I hope you are better today...and that Chiro.....better be nice to you! Its okay if you sent my reply to your Dr. .I don't care...sorry he doesn't have a S.O.H. . . i understand that and it certainly does make life much happier on a daily basis for ME and everyone around me when one does have a soh!! Boooo to your Doc!

SM . . I just got over AF . .I HATE IT! I've figured out that out of 28 days, I have about 18 that I am pleasant and happy, the other 10 ....not quite the same. YULK!!!

Lisa. . have been thinking about you and your hubby! Good to hear from you and that you are 2 below .. WTG Girl!! Ya-HOOOO!

Lindarella . .thanks for the info on the bottom scroll field. . .sure does make it easier.

D Prin....you'll get there - don't worry...it will happen -did you read my other post where I said that I ate enough fried chicken for me you, and the rest of the board while family was here .... that you don't have to worry about dreaming about cooking or eating for that matter fried chidken for at least a whole year.. LOL!!! But am on track and am losing again!

Froggie - hope you are feeling better today!

Old house -- i wished i was that good at drinking water! GOOD JOB

Jen - hope you are ready for your camping trip...i know what you mean about trying on clothes . .i think they do something to dressing room mirrors . . Ugggh!!

Libby - glad those scales are moving - mine too for a CHANGE.

To everyone have a great DAY! (hope I didn't forget anyone!!!!)

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #6
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

HOUDINI! WAY TO GO!!!! I REALIZED THAT I FORGOT YOU!!!

I'M JEALOUS. . I'D LOVE TO GET THERE. I'VE HAVEN'T SEEN THE 140'S IN YEARS AND I MEAN YEARS!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 06-12-2003, 07:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
First of all, you guys are great! It seems like everyone is doing well so far today. My day just started out here in "not so sunny" CA!

I need help! I am having one of those..."the scale hasnt moved in a while so why am I suffering?" kind of days! I think, I could have eaten normally and had this kind of response and I would not have to "suffer" or think so much about every little bite that I have.
These are bad days, because the motivation starts to sink and I am tempted to cheat...if not just to have one satisfiying meal. I am tryng to hang on till the weekend, because I will usually let go a little bit!
Maybe if I have Subway for lunch today it will feel like i have eaten something, but not cheated...??

Whirl - you are too funny! All that computer stuff you we talking about...I wondered some too...but didnt have the guts!LOL! It took a few days to figure out "AF"!
I still dont know all of them!

AP - I hope all goes well for you today! You are an inspiration!

I feel better being on here this morning...but I think I will still go to subway!

Happy day everyone!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-12-2003, 08:11 AM   #8
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Snoopy:

I was just filling in ****** and decided to check the board before I went to the grocery store - that ought to be fun. I'll have to leave all those Buy one and get one free items at the STORE especially since the freebies are always chips, ice cream, oreos...and some of that other STUFF!! LOL!!!!

I think Subway good choice . . low calories, low carbs, veggies w/ some meat - and you're right - you feel like you've eaten something.

About that computer slang . . I won't hesitate asking again - it just shows my AGE!!! And about AF . . if you don't know that stands for "Aunt Flow" . . HA! HA! LOL!!!!

Have a good day

Old 06-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #9
Inactive

Houdini HB User
AP and Whirl - I've gotta ask, cuz I'm just not getting this one... what is SOH? It's probably something obvious, but it just hasn't hit me!

Whirl - "Friday Eve" is great! Makes it seem just a little bit closer!

Lisa - Hope you have a relaxing weekend - I'm sure you need it!

Snoopy - sorry the scale hasn't moved, but don't give up! We all level out sometimes. You just have to try to give yourself a kick start. Good luck!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #10

pkal26 HB User
Question

Hi guys,
May I join ur group - I really need some help with maintaining my motivation to lose weight. My worst problem is I have a bulging tummy like I am 6 months pregnant (and I haven't been ever!). I start going to the gym and be careful for some time - then when I am down and I feel life is not good for me, I end up binging on everything from fast food to fatty desserts (aren't they so good ).

I found u guys are so encouraging and I'd really love to join...

PK

Old 06-12-2003, 08:39 AM   #11

jorpey'smom HB User
Talking

Hello,
I am behind on posting on the challenge! I have lost 4.5 pds. I have been sick with a really bad cold, but I have lost so I am happy! Hopefully, I will keep on track and lose some more! I just found out that I am going to be a bridesmaid in my friends wedding in April. I would really like to lose about 15 more pounds before then. Good Luck everyone!

Old 06-12-2003, 09:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
Whirl: In the past, my standard Wendy's meal was a double with cheese, biggie fries, chicken nuggets, and biggie frostie. And yes, their fries are great. They're the best of the fast food chains. I'm just glad I didn't go to McDonald's. My standard meal there is a double quarter pounder with cheese, chicken nuggets, large fries, 2 apple pies, and a chocolate shake. No wonder I got fat. That's more than a day's worth of calories in one meal.

Today has been ok. I did my usual morning cardio. My body has gotten so used to getting up at 5:00 that I actually wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off and I don't feel the need to hit the snooze bar. I only slipped once so far today when I had an oatmeal cookie that was 200 calories. And that was because I forgot to pack a piece of fruit.

Unfortunately I won't be able to workout tonight cause I have business to take care of in the evening. But if I don't hit the drive-thru again, then it'll be a good day.

No beer for me on Fridays. Actually I stopped drinking altogether and it's made a huge difference. And I don't miss it either.

Old 06-12-2003, 09:14 AM   #13
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Houdini:

I can't get that quote stuff right so I just copy and then paste from the message! Hey, at least it works!

"AP and Whirl - I've gotta ask, cuz I'm just not getting this one... what is SOH? It's probably something obvious, but it just hasn't hit me!"

You're gonna love this.......

S.O.H: "SENSE OF HUMOR!!!" LOL

Thanks ..now I feel SO much better about asking ?'s before .... how will we ever learn if we don't ask? I just LOVE IT that you asked!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 06-12-2003, 10:04 AM   #14
Veteran

southern_mom33 HB User

I see we are all in a better moods today..I know I am We got up this morning and took the boys out on the lake.No rain this morning, yesterday we got 4 inches here...Its a gloomy day but oh well no rain so we made the best of it before it startes again.
Houdini you go girl.I keep saying to myself after yesterdays little mood I am only 3 pds away from my first goal.I think I jumped the gun to fast to try to change it to 150, I will wait til I hit 160 and start from there.
Coffee you didnt bad when I do things like that I think back to how I would of ordered before I got control.Helps me sometimes.
Lisa have a great time this weekend..
Snoopy hang in your scale will move just dont give up.
PK Welcome aboard this is a great place to be for motivation.Take it from me I know...

I am going to take some mommy time and go tan for a few minutes, I will check back later.
Dee

Old 06-12-2003, 10:10 AM   #15

libby HB User
pkal..certainly you can! And welcome to you! This ia a great group of people, who will encouage you in so may ways. Good Luck.

Hello to all....am off for a lunch appointment....will check in later.

Lib

Closed Thread