It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
Post Atkins Board 2

ok, the other board was getting long - decided to start a new one...I am glad we started this again to encourage each other.

well this week I decided to hide the scale - well actually I got my mother to hide it since I am obsessed and go on it daily (ok maybe twice a day) and get very discouraged cause it isn't moving as much as I want it too!! lol not to sure when I will get it out again. I am debating if I should weight myself once a week or every two weeks.

anyway, I took my measurements yesterday and in the past two weeks I have gone down another 4 1/2 inches in total, so this made me feel better!!

have a great night!

Sue

Old 05-31-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
(female)

karen430 HB User
Smile

That is awesome news http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Congratulations I love the Atkins diet and have been doing it (second time around) for about 6 weeks now, but I decided today that I was going to be really strict on it. I have about 16 more lbs that I would love to lose for the summer and I think I can do it (especially with the support of these boards ) Good luck to everyone else doing the diet and keep in touch!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
thanks karen430 - good luck to you!! you CAN do it!!

where is everyone and how was your weekend??

Old 06-03-2003, 10:44 AM   #4

Red2003 HB User
I just started yesterday. Today is day two and not half as bad as I expected. I am a total sweet-a-holic and thought that I would tremble and shake w/o having my daily dose of fruit or low-fat treats.

I have a question. According to the book, you should count each packet of splenda as 1 gram of carbs. Does anyone drink diet rite (made from splenda)and if so, how many carbs to you allocate for one can?

Thanks for the info and motivation!!

Old 06-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #5

libby HB User
I am on Atkins as well....for me at least it is going rather slowly. It was fast at first, but so are all diet plans usually. What i like about Atkins is I don't get hungry. I really don't. Yes, the carb cravings are there...especially the first week, but it does pass. But I do feel so much better. I have alot to loose, but I am really committed to doing this. Somewhere along the way I will probably modify what I eat but for now it's ATKINS!!!!!

Has anyone out there tried his Peanut Butter Cups? They are really good. But I also tried Russell Stouffers too and they are even better! NO SUGAR...I cannot believe they are so good!

Old 06-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #6

kta21 HB User
are there carbs in the peanut butter cups? Lorrrrrrrrd i could go for some candy.

Old 06-04-2003, 06:09 AM   #7
(female)

suzyq501 HB User
i tried both peanut butter cups - Atkins are much better - and for 3 i think there are only 2.3 or 2 carbs. where as the russel stover ones are 2.4 carbs in each one.....

Old 06-04-2003, 08:07 AM   #8

libby HB User
Suzy....the Today Show had a little "diddy" on yesterday about sugar free candy. They said Reeses has a SF Peanut Butter cup out there now. I called hershey's. They told me Walmart should be carrying them now, or very soon.

Lots of good SF and low carb sweets coming out on the market now! Encouraging!

Oh yes...sometimes I get a craving for JR Mints...no luck on sugar free of those....giggles...but the Russell Stouffer brand does have a mint patty in SF. It,s good. I just have to be disciplined. :-)

Old 06-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
(female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User
How do you all drink the water? I'd rather drink plain ice tea. I'm choking it down with a slice of lemon, but it still is hard to get down. I really don't like plain water. Only if I'm really thirsty will water be enjoyable. The thing of it is that it's hard to drink it when I'm not thirsty. How do you do it?

Old 06-04-2003, 05:16 PM   #10

kta21 HB User
i hate drinking water too, i drink that fruit2o water. it tastes like fruit, much easier to drink and no carbs and still water.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #11

Caligal HB User
Where do you get the atkins peanut butter cups?
Also, have any of you experienced slight constipation? If so, what are you taking for it?

Old 06-04-2003, 08:18 PM   #12

libby HB User
You can get the peanut butter cups at any health food store. But you can also get them at Walmart if you have one near by. They are about 96 cents for a package of 3at Walmart. They are called "Endulge" and are in the pharmacy part of walmart.

What I like about Russell Stouffers and Reeses is that they are much smaller and individually wrapped....so I cut back from what they call a serving. At Walmart they can be found in the candy section, but in the specialty section.

Drinking water! I have found something that works pretty well for me. Every evening I fill up 4 32 ounce pastic bottles. That's my goal for the next day. The bottles I use are ones that I bought with the squirt top on them. Here in Colorado Arrowhead water is the only one that ad that kind of top. Anyway, I drink an entire bottle before breafast. That squirt top has really helped me. Give it a shot and see what ya think. :-)

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2003, 07:02 PM   #13

kev71h HB User
Smile

New to this message board...I want to keep an eye out on here to see how everyone else is doing. Will finish my enduction tomorrow. Its good to see and Atkins support board.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #14
(female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User
I tried the fruit2o and found that to taste too sweet oddly enough. I ended up deluting it into my regular water for a little flavor. It's much more pleasant to get the water down now. This is day 3, and my body is feeling really strange. I'm getting these weird pains in my side and abdomen every so often. I'll admit that I've had cravings for the refined carbohydrates and sugar, but I've been pushing through the cravings. Once I push through, I'm okay. My appetite has decreased some which is a plus. I hope I can get through this and not feel weird anymore.

Old 06-05-2003, 09:14 PM   #15

libby HB User
Hang in there Lou! Once you get through the craving stage you'll do fine.

The water is REALLY important! Keep drinking

Closed Thread