It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Post needing help to lose

hi im 15 yrs old and weigh over 200lbs and i really want to lose my weight and get down to aleast 130 or a lower weight than 200... i cant stand being over weight....it hurts me i did lose 30lbs one time but that was in one week and that was by not eating at all...and it made me so sick dose anyone know any good diets to help me lose weight.......HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
Hey girl You have come to the right place. First, it sounds like you have a bit of depression that has been brought on by your weight issues... that is normal. Do you have someone you can talk to about it? Make sure that you are not going through this alone... you are young and you will get past this, but at your age, I know this can be hard to deal with. I would suggest that you talk to your parents and ask them to help you find a dietician... a dietician will sit down with you and try to work out the best plan for you, it would be healthy and they would work with your doctor to help you lose the weight. Don't go for the quick fix... you must eat sweetie, you are growing and your body really needs you to make healthy decisions right now. Try to start walking... you are in NC too, it is beautiful these days, get out and try to walk a couple miles each day... increase your water intake and make sure you are getting at least 64 oz... cut out the snacks, sugar, potatoes, white breads (bad carbs all together), start eating 5-6 smart small meals a day... start slow, you will get there and we will help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Hey thanks so much for the reply it was greatly needed...i have been to a dietician and they seem to much for my family it was like a thousand dollars for me and thats just toooooo much......and i dont really talk to my dad enough he puts me down about me being over weight and that dont help any at all mom will help me some...i have cut down on what i eat....and when i eat....i dont eat breakfast....i dont get up earlier enough...Lunch i normaly eat chickin when im in school...and since im out...i dont know what to eat other than Veggies.and my mom dont keep that many veggies in the house.....i love some fruit......but i dont know.....do you recommend any pills to help me.....i dont really like taking them but....if thats what will help me thats one thing i want to do....BUt like i said i dont live with my dad and when im arond him he puts me down and his whole family does...my mom and her family had done all hey can to help me....but nothinh seems to work......i feel like i need a buddy to help me through this...and walkining i could do but i dont like to b/c of where i live.....there are alotta people that drive my road......and its hard to walk i dont like walking by myself and my mom dont get off work till 6 sometimes 8 at nite and its either dark or shes too tired and she has alot a health conditions that also keep her from walking with me.......
Thanks Bunches
Ashley

Old 06-13-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I can understand the cost. Call your local hospital and ask if they have any resources... also talk to your doctor, he/she may be able to help. I am so sorry to hear that about your dad, that makes your situation so much harder. Have you told him how he makes you feel? Maybe you could sit down with him and tell him that you really need his support and not his criticism. I would not recommend any pills at your age, your doctor may be able to help you there. See if you can find a walking buddy to go walking with you... find some local support. Once you are back in school, you can talk to a counselor there... you would be amazed how much it helps just talking to someone about your troubles... you can do this, I know you can

Old 06-13-2003, 04:10 PM   #5
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Hey thanks agian....um no i havent talked to my dad b/c of the way he is...so no i dont say ne thing to him he dont help...and yes i do belive it could be a bit of depression....im always moody and when i get moody i want to eat.......you said to stay away from white bread is wheat good for you???????

Old 06-13-2003, 05:22 PM   #6
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi Highschoolbabe! Welcome to the board! Cruisin is right - you came to the right place! You'll find lots of friends, inspiration, knowledge and motivation here!

The most important thing you need to keep in mind is that different things work for different people. You just need to be patient and take the time to find out what works for you, and if it's something you can stick to. But keep in mind that no matter what plan you choose, you WILL have bad days now & then - read the threads & you'll see that I'm having a TERRIBLE day today! But I'm not going to let that take away what I've accomplished so far. Tomorrow is a new day.

I'm so sorry that you can't talk to your dad about this. I agree with Cruisin that maybe you should talk to your doctor and/or school counselor - he or she might have some great advice! But try not to dwell on the situation with your dad - try to be positive and think of things like the support you're going to get from people on this board. We're all rooting for you!

Anyway, here's what I'm doing to lose weight. Most days, it's very easy for me, but like I said we all have our bad days! I count calories during the week. It sounds like kind of a pain, but after a few days it's a really easy habit to get into, especially if you plan your meals for the day ahead of time. Monday thru Friday, I allow myself 1200 calories per day. I try to choose mostly healthy foods, but if I want something that's unhealthy, I still have it - as long as I make sure to count the calories. Weekends, I don't count them. I don't completely go nuts & binge (well, not usually! ), but I live it up just a little like maybe going out to breakfast or dinner. I also drink 64 oz of water each day. I keep track of all this by using ****** (do a Yahoo search & you'll find it). It's a really great online tool for keeping track of your weight loss, food intake, exercise, etc. Check it out, lots of people here use it!

I also try to exercise 3-4 times per week for 30-60 minutes. Sometimes I just walk on my treadmill, other times I do videos. If you're not used to exercising & want a good place to start, you might try one or two of Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" videos. I have the 3 mile one (bought it cheap on Ebay!). It's a good workout, but seems so easy! It's about 40-45 minutes long. You'll be surprised at how even a light workout just few times a week will really help the pounds drop away!

So that's my weight loss plan. Doesn't cost a penney! It might or might not work for you, but it's something to consider, anyway. I've lost about 15 pounds since early May. That reminds me of something else I'd like to tell you - I've found that if I lose weight slowly (like 1-2 pounds per week), it's much easier to keep it off in the long run. I've always gained back the weight after crash diets. Besides, it's healthier to lose the weight more slowly, and it will give you skin a better chance to shrink back as you lose.

And you have to choose a plan that you can stick with for life. You can't just lose the weight then go back to your old habits, or it will all come back. That's why choosing something you find EASY is so important.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps some. Stick around, we'll all be here cheering you on! You CAN do this!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Old 06-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #7
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO much...... you helped me out alot...the calorie counting i dont understand.....could one of you explain it....please....i like your diet...but i dont/dont like to drink our home water its nasty and my mom wont buy me water...so i try to drink jucies and TRY to stay away from my sodas....but if thats all i have to drink then thats what i would drink..and i can drink soda like crazie...lol but i dont know what else to drink....i really want to lose my weight and get down to about 130!!!! HElp....but im not going to try with my dad b/c in away he int worth it im 15 almost 16 and it dosent sem to register to him that im growing up and need his POSTIVI act in my life by he dont help!!!

well thanks for the help....

Ashley

Closed Thread