It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
(male)

Scout- HB User
Question Blood Sugars On Atkins?

Ok i'm needing some pretty high level advice here..

I started Atkins 13 days ago. But only went hardcore on my training at the beggining of this week. On Monday and Tuesday I was fine with no ill effects BUT Wed, Thurs and Friday have been a VERy different story .

After training i fill dizzy, weak, shakey and like i'm going to pass out. It was so bad on Thursday that I actually skipped dinner - that made it 100x worse ..i felt like i was going to die >_< - It happened again yesterday and i'm wondering what are the metaphysical effects of exercise when you're on Atkins - i mean hardcore training - when i finish i am absolutely bereft of energy. I run for 35 minutes then into some cross training and then more running for 35.

I take a cod liver oil tablet a potassium tab and a mutli vit. every morning and a calcium tab at night so as far as i'm aware i am getting enough vitamins. i drink 5 liters a day. Of late tho i haven't had any vegetables (going shopping today) is this the cause? and if it is could someone explain exactly how veggies affect blood sugar and the body?

At this moment in time i'm actually scared to train again because those effects aren't the type i can shake off and so i'm really in need of you guys' help.

A very worried,

Scout.

Old 06-14-2003, 03:49 AM   #2

libby HB User
Scout,
There are several questions that you may need to ask yourself. 1. Are you getting enough food? 2.Did you start this vigorous routine wideopen, or have you been working up to it? 3. How much do you weigh? Do you need to loose weight?

There are probably more questions to be asked, and hopefully some other more experienced people on here can help you out.

Maybe you could get you blood pressue checked by a doctor, or stop by the Walmart pharmacy and check it there.

Have you read what Atkins says about blood sugar levels? Maybe you should see what he has to say about exercise as well. I know he stresses it. You might check the web site.

As far as veggie go, you really do need some. Even on induction Atkins says we need 3 cups of lettuce. If you don't get the fiber you need, you are going to have a problem at some point. Not good.

I hope you get some responses on here. I am very interested in reading what others have to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

FMY HB User
I get this way not from atkins though. I am also on a low carb diet, but that is most likely not the problem. When I exercise really visorously and get overheated or overstressed I get sick

Old 06-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
I had the same problems on Atkins, years ago... I actually sent an email to the Atkins organization asking if being in Ketosis was causing it... I did actually get a very generic email back. I was physically ill when I would go into Ketosis... I would throw up and I knew I was in Ketosis... that said something to me!!! I am not sure why I was so sick all the time, but I could not do any vigorous workouts while I was on Atkins, which concerned me of course. I think some people can do it, some can't... not sure there is a cut and dry answer. My personal advice would be to take a break, step back and see if it is your diet causing this problem. I follow a low carb plan now, but nothing drastic like Atkins...I include lots of fruit and veggies, lean protein but I get to have whole wheat bread and rice pastas, etc. I'm pretty happy! LOL! Find something that works... you need to be able to workout, without being sick and depleted of energy... I hope you find a solution, please keep us posted!

Closed Thread