It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Angry My crappy mood has ruined my diet today! Warning: VENT!

Warning: This is a major "vent" session for me, so if you think you'll be bored to death reading it, you might want to just ignore this thread!

Here goes... I am in such a funk today, and I don't know why. Yesterday, I was on top of the world! Great mood, stuck to my eating plan, wore my old jeans that hadn't fit in so long...

But today, I'm eating terribly, and I'm in a lousy mood about everything - diet, career, money... What the heck brought this on? I have no idea! For some reason, I ate a lot this morning so I planned on trying to be really good the rest of the day. So what did I have for lunch? A Big Mac, fries, and a sundae! OMG! I just started craving the stuff, because I hadn't had it in a few months (this is coming from someone who used to eat that stuff AT LEAST 3 days a week!).

So now I'm all bloated feeling & in a rotten mood. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif Trying to decide on a new career for when hubby & I move South in a few years (what do I want to be if I grow up?!! ), can't come up with anything that will let me match my current salary but work at home... so that's got me down. And money is always on my mind, probably like most people, so I've been worrying about bills.

I'm sorry this rant is long, but I really needed to vent. I just can't believe the terrible mood I'm in. How do you cheer yourself up when you feel this way? Maybe spending some time with my dogs after work will help. They're always full of happiness, so maybe it will rub off on me. Thanks for listening!

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #2

annes73 HB User
Houdini!!!Relax! Take a deep breath! ..............
........................................ ...........
And another!................................ ......
........................................ ..........
Feel better? When I get like that I take a long hot bubble bath!!! I lock the door, light a scented candle and lay there relaxing. I know exactly where you are coming from. I have 4 children and when I had my 4th I Knew there was no way I could go back to work but how would I be able to stay home AND make money? For me the answer was to start a daycare in my home. Thats what I do! I get to stay home with my kids and make money.....no, not as much as I did before but then again I don't have the same expenses.
Bills...wow, I think everyone has a meltdown moment once in while when you see those darn envelopes in your mailbox! Relax! Everything will fall into place.
YOu need to take a step back and take things 1 step at a time. Go out this weekend and enjoy your mexican dinner with your hubby!
Hey! Did anyone else notice that today is Friday the 13th!!! Maybe that has something to do with the crazy moods around here!!!
Anyways, relax, take walk, and have a nice warm bath.
You can hop back on your weight plan when you are ready. It is only 1 day. Don't be so hard on yourself! You Can Do It!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/clown.gif smile!!

------------------
Children are Precious.....Lets keep them Safe!!!
H-5'5" F

Old 06-13-2003, 11:50 AM   #3

JanineC HB User
OH! Don't get so down on yourself!! So what that you had McDonald's!! Realistically- can you really think that you would give it up forever after eating it at least three times a week? To me, it seems too drastic...and you might have been craving it because you have been depriving yourself of it for so long!!! Now- i am NOT saying to start eating it all the time again, but limit yourself- tell yourself you can eat it once every two months as a kind of reward, but maybe modify it- get a cheese burger and small fries- and eat a homemade salad with it. Don't tell yourself that you failed because you ate it for the first time in three months!!! That should have been a celebration something along the lines of: "Hey! I haven't had McD's in three months! I am going to treat myself to it for doing so well!"
To get rid of the Blah feeling you are having today- get out and get some exercise- get the endorphins going...and remember- we all have bad days. Tomorrow will be better!

Janine

Old 06-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
Chill! Every-ting gone be a'ight So you had Mickey D's... if anything, I'm JEALOUS! I'm going to blow things tonight FO-SHO, as I am going to have some birthday cake... and I'm gonna LOVE IT! Every so often, we just need some comfort food... and a Big Mac comforts the hell out of me! Don't worry.. you have enough on your mind, put the food guilt away okay? We have all been there, and we all know how it feels... tomorrow will be another day... enjoy the rest of your friday, okay???????

Old 06-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
Hey, come on now...

You didn't get fat eating a Big Mac every 3 months. You got fat eating a Big Mac 3 times a week.

I eat fast food maybe once a month but I don't eat anything else the rest of the day if I get something big. Usually I get a junior whopper without mayo and a small fry and diet coke. At Mdonalds I get a hamburger and small fry and diet coke. I just use it as my standard meal at them places. It helps to have a standard meal in your head before you even go there.

I think we get in these funks because of hormones. Our hormones are changing all month long. Do you use ******? If you do, they have a journal section. Try keeping track of your "funk" days in the journal and see if they happen around the same time each month. This way, at least you can blame your hormones.

And really, BIG DEAL, you ate a few too many calories today. You didn't really think you'd never do that again did you? Shrug it off sister.

PS I had a medium ice cream cone dipped in sprinkles from the Dairy Queen this week and am going to have one again today!! HA nanny nanny neener neener.

[This message has been edited by Lindarella (edited 06-13-2003).]

Old 06-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #6

mishka1111 HB User
Wink

Hey, please don't sue Mc Donald's for your cravings.
Don't feel bad, because yesterday was my brother's b-day & we had a mini party @ work. Talk about Ms. Piggy- that's me!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bigcry.gif
Today isn't any better either because there is left over's & I am try to be careful but I am still eating it.

Old 06-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #7
Inactive

Houdini HB User
You guys are so terrific! Thanks so much for your help. Today has been so tough - maybe it really is because this is Friday the 13th!

After I originally started this thread this afternoon, my hubby called me at work to tell me that the clutch cable on his bike broke as he was leaving to go to work & he almost ran into our porch because of it. So I had to leave work early to drive 2 hours (each way) to the nearest dealer to pick up a new cable.

Meanwhile hubby was going to take our spare truck to work instead of the bike... got 1/4 mile down the road and it broke down. Major electrical problems, and we just recently sank $900 into that truck for engine trouble. My truck, my Barracuda and our other car (I know, we have too many vehicles ) also need work, although they're driveable for now (knock on wood). http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif But geez, it sure all seems to hit at once!

I really appreciate the kind words from all of you. In spite of all that's going on today, I'm slowly getting into a better mood now. I'm going to spend the evening playing with my dogs & watching a movie - NO STRESS ALLOWED!

Thanks again. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the people on this board are the greatest!!!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

[This message has been edited by Houdini (edited 06-13-2003).]

Old 06-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #8
Inactive

Whirl HB User
Cool

Hold On there Houdini! Take a break and step back. You are normal and we are glad you vented. SOmetimes that helps trememdously. McD's is not all that bad......like others said, it use to be a standard at least 3 x's a week for you and once in a while is ok....we ALL DO IT.

Just remember me being the "fried chicken" addict when my family was here for 2 weeks - I rarely fry anything - perhaps a few times a year . . and low and behold. . . fried chicken 4 x s in 2 weeks!

So you see. . . we all have land slides once in a while...

HAVE A GOOD EVENING AND DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF OR I'LL HAVE COME AND KNOCK SOME SENSE http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif into you! HA! HA!

We have a party to go to..and its going to be hard ...lots of food, beer, wine, food . . . I'm sure one of my big down falls, salsa and chips. . . etc...so I may have to be crying to you all tomorrow . . I'll report back! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 06-13-2003, 06:56 PM   #9
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
can i join in? i had the same day! i feel soooooo gross.
i had a pbj sand, `1/2 c gorp mix, & 3 sl. pizza! these cravings are killin me!jesus, i shoulda known from my mood. yikes! any better houdini? im depressed!

[This message has been edited by andreaphilip3 (edited 06-13-2003).]

Old 06-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #10
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
Hi girls. Hang in there! man i hate days like that! but boy have i had my share!

Big Hugs to both of you. Tomorrow's another day!

Old 06-13-2003, 08:16 PM   #11
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
thanks sweetheart http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 06-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #12
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Thanks you guys, you're all so sweet! ((((((((hugs)))))))) to all of you! And Whirl, thanks for the laugh! AP, let's hope tomorrow is better for both of us!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 06-13-2003, 10:08 PM   #13
Inactive

andreaphilip3 HB User
here here hodini!

Old 06-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #14

HeddaNuff HB User
Houdini, I used to live to eat, would eat all day whether I was hungry or not, then that turned to liquor. One day liquor, one day food THEN came percocets and vicodin's and speed. Am happy since I lost, oh fifty pounds, but, I also lost my life! After three years of continuous opiate abuse this is it. I fear I will cross addict by using food again. I did not realize that it was what was inside that was bothering me and I know you've heard this before or are aware. I used to self medicate with all this stuff for many hidden reasons I kept from myself from childhood. Now I'm letting go. Have to. You've done great, give yourself a break and don't neglect nor deprive yourself. Work it off if you feel bad maybe. Anyway - you'll be fine, girl!

Closed Thread