It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Inactive

JoJo1972 HB User
Post Trying somdething new

I think I will try the body cleanses. I need to get rid of toxins and they are supposed to help with eating habits. I think I will do it for 10 days. I am gonna try not to eat meat afterwards. Has anyone had success with this? I know people generally lose a pound or two a day. I will keep you posted.

JoJo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2003, 12:10 PM   #2
Veteran

GoinCruisin HB User
JoJo, are you talking about a fast? I have done a fruit juice fast (2-3 days), i HATED it, made me sick feeling... I did it as a cleanse, not for weight loss, so I was not unhappy or surprised when the weight came back.... I lost 6-7 pounds, after the fast I ate normal... salads, veggies, fruit, low fat, low carb, 1000 calories a day for 1 week, gained 6 pounds back though, within 2 days of being off the fast... I can't say it helped with my eating habits, because they were already healthy before the fast. It does help rid you of toxins, but if you go back to eating unhealthy, that is pretty useless. Just make sure you do it for the right reasons... if you do it for weight loss, it will just be a miserable time and you can watch the weight come back it comes back so dang quick! Also, I have never known anyone to fast for 10 days and I know that you are supposed to be under the guidance of a doctor if you do a fast for longer than 4 days (I think it's 4 days), so make sure your doctor is monitoring you and you are taking all your nutrients... if done incorrectly, fasts can be extremely dangerous... be careful and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #3
(female)

KaNGaMaLoo HB User
If you are talking about fasting...

I fasted about two years ago. For a day. One day. That is all. But I just couldn't get to sleep that night. Also, you really should see a doctor beforehand.
I was very foolish. I'm anemic and hypoglycemic, so I was all over the place.

Just my experience.

Vicky xxx

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you...

Old 06-15-2003, 09:47 AM   #4

ML84 HB User
JOJO hey how are you? It has been a while since I have posted with you. Well I was not successful with the mayo clinic diet! I know you are looking for a FAST way to loose wight, and I have aways done that two, all the yearsI have tried to diet, and look at me now, none of the diets are successful! So I finally relize that I am not gonna loose all the weight in 1-2 months ( wanted to loose 35lbs a month) It could take up to 6 months,and now I am ok with that. I am going to loose wight the heathy way. I am going to eat heathy, low fat, low cal, and low carb, I am going to drink lots of water, and exercise reg. The benifits of doing this (insted of some fad diet that will make you loose weight fast) is you, you will be able to keep the weight off, you will loose it a heathy way, and you skin, your skin will have time to adjust to your weight loss, so you will not have all the extra yucky skin from loseing weight so fast! If you want to give this diet a try let me know, and I will give you more details and we can do it together, we can be supporet for eat other, because I am such a failure when it comes to diets, because I am looking for the fast way out, but now, I think I will be able to do it because I am going to do it the right way, and will not be on some crazy diet that I can not stick to. I am always here for you if you need anyone to talk to !
Mandy

Closed Thread