It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

Shmolissa HB User
Post To those of you who have given birth....

To those of you out there who have given birth. How long did it take you to get down to your pre-pregnancy weight? With my first two pregnancies I was back down in about a week or so. This time I'm still about 15 lbs over weight and it's been almost 3 months.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:15 PM   #2
Inactive

Houdini HB User
Hi Shmolissa! I haven't given birth, but would you mind sharing how much weight you gained with each pregnancy? Tell my to mind my own business if you'd reather not share that, ok? Anyway, seems like all the mothers I know took lots longer than a week to lose the weight - more like 3-4 months. You did really well after your first pregnancies! How have you been trying to lose the weight?

------------------
"If there are no [mastiffs] in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

- Will Rogers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 12:44 PM   #3

heres1-4u HB User
After my second pregancy, I left the hospital 30 lbs. lighter than when I went in there!!! lol I only gained 11 lbs. with the pregancy! My doctor told me he thought I was the only woman he remembers that actually LOST weight after a pregnancy. I guess I am being paid back now, because I have put that 30 lbs. back on, plus a few. I have been on the ACV diet since June 2nd, and have lost 7 pounds so far.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #4

annes73 HB User
Good for You!! Keep up the good work!!
I have 4 children and found that after each pregnancy it was a little bit harder to lose the weight. My 1st I was like you, lost it almost instantly without trying!! After my 2nd I had to work at it and it came off in about 6 months. I never di lose all the weight from my 3rd when I got pregnant with my 4th!! With my first 3 I gained about 45pounds each ...with my 4th I gained about 25lbs. I have lost most of my pregnancy weights now(my youngest is 2) and I am working on the last bit that I needed to lose before all these monkeys! Anyways, to make a long story short, give yourself time to heal from the birth. I remember hearing that it can take up to a year before a womans body is back to normal internally!! focus on eating healthy (especially if you are nursing!) and excersising when you can and taking care of your young family! Your body will respond..give it time! Good Luck and keep us posted! Seems like the ACV is working for you.annes73

------------------
Children are Precious.....Lets keep them Safe!!!
H-5'5" F

Old 06-13-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

Shmolissa HB User
In answer to Houdini's question during the first two pregnancies I gained aproximatly 30lbs. This time I only gained exactly 20lbs. That is why I found it strange that the weight is taking longer to disappear.

Old 06-13-2003, 09:46 AM   #6

annes73 HB User
Be Patient, Keep working at it. If you are still concerned that you have been doing everything you can and the scale won't budge then see your DR. Have him/her test your thyroid. After my 3rd is when my thyroid went balistik and I couldn't lose the weight. Just my personal story but something to consider. Good Luck!
annes73
H-5'5" F

Old 06-13-2003, 10:43 AM   #7

chubby_lil_chick HB User
Lucky girl! My son is 3 years old and I still haven't lost all the weight! But, I gained 75 pounds throughout the pregnancy!!!! I have only lost 30 of it and I am still trying to get off the rest!!!! Any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:52 AM   #8

annes73 HB User
Hi CLC
What program are you using now? Let us know and I'm sure we can help you!
annes73

------------------
Children are Precious.....Lets keep them Safe!!!
H-5'5" F

Old 06-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #9

chubby_lil_chick HB User
Talking

Hi Annes73! Right now I am not actually on a program, I am going to hypnosis therapy in hopes I can get rid of all this fat. I would love to have some advice to put into my hypnosis sessions on what really has helped everyone get rid of the weight. (I am saying "get rid of" because when I lose things,I tend to find them. I do not want this weight loss to be short lived, I want to get rid of it for life!) Thanks for the reply

Old 06-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #10

annes73 HB User
CLC:
Hey there! My advice would be the following...take from it what you find useful and the rest just file..
1) limit carbs and sugar...potatos, rice, bread etc
2) drink plenty of water
3) eat lots of fresh veggies and some fruits
4) drink plenty of water
5) exercise **even something little everyday**
6) eat lean cuts of meat (if not vegetarian!)
7) drink lots of water!
8) eat fish often (if you like it)
9) and never buy *light* anything! The manufacturers just take out fat and replace with sugar..which is FAT! And it is the bad kind!!
10)DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!
Many people on the board find things like Apple Cider Vinegar helpful or grapefruit juice. Remember that we are all different and our bodies react differently to the same things. Try out some of these idea and I'm sure you will find the right combo that will work for you. Good Luck and we are here for you! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif
annes73
H-5'5" F

Old 06-16-2003, 07:41 AM   #11

chubby_lil_chick HB User
Talking

THANK YOU ANNES!!!!! THAT IS GREAT INFO AND I PLAN ON TRYING IT!

:ANGEL:

Closed Thread