It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

tasia013 HB User
Unhappy I can`t stop eating out of boredom!!!

I need help guys!! Since I returned to work back in November after a car accident, I have gained 30lbs! I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and do at least 30 min of cardio and I eat well outside of work. My problem is during the day while I am at work, I have a desk job that tends to be boring at times, so I find myself snacking and eating a lot throughout the day. Not to mention that our office building is located in a mall, near a large food court(i am addicted to butter tarts). I am out of control and don`t know what to do and I have been gaining weight rapidly. I am kicking myself because last summer I finally made it to my goal weight of 128lbs, after loosing 65 lbs. I can`t quite my job, but this weight gain is making me miserable.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #2

juicygrapes HB User
Hi tasia,

My advice to you is to stay out of the food court and take the time each morning to prepare your own lunch and several healthy snacks to bring with you to work.

Some examples of snacks I like to take to work are:

sliced strawberries or melon
a cheese stick
a container of low-fat yogurt
a hard boiled egg
a small handful of almonds
a small portion of tuna

It is key to prepare ahead of time so that you are not tempted to eat something you will regret.

I also go to the gym 4-5 times a week, however I realized that I must still be really careful of what I am eating. Excercise feels great, but it also increases my appetite!

Hope all else is well and you've completely healed from your accident. Good Luck!

juicy http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 01:03 PM   #3

libby HB User
Tasia....

Remember back to how bad you felt before you lost those 65 pounds....now remember back to how you felt before your accident.

Those first 5 or 6 days of saying "NO" to those foods that our mouths love but our bodies hate is a killer! But...if you remember too how good it felt to have gotten through those first several days....wow...euphoric! There is something amazing in the way you feel when you discipline yourself...we can do anything!!!... And conversly...when we don't, it is devastating to our self-esteem. And no one needs that!

Hang on, girl friend! Give it a week. Give it all you've got!

Old 06-13-2003, 01:11 PM   #4
(female)

ali_moran HB User
Hi,
I also work at a desk job that gets very boring at times. I decided to stop bringing snacks with me (besides lunch) and now i keep a large water bottle on my desk. Whenever i feel the urge to snack i take a gulp of water. It has helped me out tremendously.
It's worth a shot :-)
Good luck!
Alison http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

------------------
------------------

March 18, 2003: Anterior Interbody fusion with BAK cages (L5-S1)
November 1, 2003: Discogram. DDD, and confirms L5-S1 pain. Disc is torn.
May 4, 2001: Microdistectomy and Laminectomy. (L5-S1)
April 2001: Cortizone injections, no pain relief.
Dec 25, 1999: Fell and hit lower back against couch frame.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #5
(female)

tasia013 HB User
Thanks for the advice guys!! I am trying to be strong.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #6
(female)

tasia013 HB User
Thanks for the advice guys!! I am trying to be strong.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:50 AM   #7

CHICKLET9 HB User
Angry

Me to,
I have a desk job in Marketing and it is so quiet, i find myself sitting here for hours with nothing to do and end up pigin out on vending machine goodies and high calorie sandwiches from the canteen.
I fidn it hard not to, when everyone else is stuffin there faces in the office.

Godd luck to u

Old 06-16-2003, 10:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
tasia013,

I also have a desk job and am surrounded by snacks and hear people around me eating all the time. There are two things I do to resist the temptation. One is drink lots of water. The boredom that comes with a desk job makes you want to eat even if you're not hungry. So drinking water satisfies my need to constantly put something in my mouth. I also bring snacks from home. I plan all my meals ahead of time so that I know exactly what I'll be eating and when on a given day. For snacks, I'll bring fruit or a protein bar and for lunch I'll pack a sandwich. Knowing that I brought food makes it easier not to get snacks. It's when I have nothing from home that I'm more tempted to go out or go the vending machine.

Old 06-16-2003, 02:39 PM   #9

TonyTone HB User
Thumbs up

drink A LOT of cold water.

Closed Thread