It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2003, 06:17 PM   #1

Vlasik HB User
Post Apple Cider Vinegar helps to loose weight

Just wanted to let you all know that apple cider vinegar will really help you loose weight(among other good things that it can do for your health). Here is the deal:

Mix 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey into a half a glass of warm water and drink this mix 3 times a day at least 1/2 hour before meals.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
This is what I do Except I mix it with grapefruit juice since it also helps with weight loss! And I took away the honey, and I don't add any artificial sweetener either because the grapefruit juice is sweet enough for me..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Inactive

Healingmylife HB User
Also in Woman's World this week is APPLE CIDER Benifits.

They call it an Apple Cider Cocktail. 2 tsp. cider with 8 oz water. They don't say anything about honey. Although I'm sure the honey would make it taste better.

Also a recipe for salad dressing.
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. raw honey
1/3 cup olive oil
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp. fresh herbs ( basil, tarragon, dill and oregano)
Shake it up!

RUB AWAY CELLULITE

3 parts organic apple cider vinegar to one part massage oil and kneed it in to the bulges daily.

Healy

Old 05-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #4

Vlasik HB User

The honey is there to cut the acidity a little bit. Water is an acid(relatively weak one) and so is vinegar(stronger acid)and the two combined can be too acidic for most people's stomack. But, honey is also beneficial for your health. So, this is a very balanced drink. It not only makes you loose weight, but also makes your skin look really good, improve your memory, etc, etc. My grandma has been taking this since she was 20. She is now 77, never had any major health problems, and looks like she is 57. She credits that to this drink. So, drink to your health.

Old 05-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
Inactive

Dietprincess HB User
I'm curious..how does this make you lose weight? Does it serve as a diuretic (sp?-sorry!)

Old 05-21-2003, 05:00 PM   #6

cav33 HB User
I'm not sure it is true but I read that the apple cider vinegar forces your fat into your bloodstream so that you can burn it. I'm not sure how but I read it in one of those prevention booklets.

Old 05-22-2003, 06:27 AM   #7

skylan HB User
I've been taking the cider vinegar pills for about 5 weeks, and have lost 7 pounds.
It has lowered my blood pressure and I have been able to discontinue taking one of my pills. Has anyone else had their B/P lowered taking cider pills?

Old 05-22-2003, 09:14 AM   #8

Tart HB User
Hey Everyone,
This post really intrigued me. I went out this morning and bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar. I'm going to try it as of today. I really hope it helps with the weightloss.
Does anyone know why you have to take it before meals? Does it curb your appetite or something of that nature. Also, is there a difference between the pills vs. the actual vinegar.
Thanks All, I'll let you know how it goes. I sure hope I can drop the 7 pds.
Take Care,
Tart

Old 05-22-2003, 09:35 AM   #9

Vlasik HB User

Skylan,

What brand of apple cider pills did you use??

Old 05-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #10

Vlasik HB User

Apple cider makes you loose weight by making your body burn more fat and faster.
Yes, it is true that it can help you with you blood pressure. Keep taking the drink mix that I wrote about and it will help keep your BP in control.
The pills work, but most people agree that they get better(weight loss) results by using it in the liquid form mixed with water. I lost 10 pounds a year ago by taking pills, and have been taking the drink since then. I eat all I want and don't gain weight. If I eat like this and don't take the drink, I start gaining weght.

Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 AM   #11

meily HB User
I heard it is true that it help you to lose weight. I am going to try as soon as possible. However, I am not sure how it taste.

Old 05-22-2003, 11:48 AM   #12

Vlasik HB User

it does not taste good. I use a straw so that I do not have to taste it as much.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:49 PM   #13

Caligal HB User
Can you buy the apple cider vinegar at the grocery store? If not, where can you get it from?

Old 05-22-2003, 07:48 PM   #14

Tart HB User
Caligirl,
I bought mine from the health food store. Doesn't taste that good. But hey, it will taste better knowing that I'll be losing the weight.

Old 05-22-2003, 08:25 PM   #15

Vlasik HB User

you can buy it at the supermarket(HEINZ brand) or at health food stores. Some people say that the one from the health food stores is better because it is not filtered and has the "mother" in it. My grandmother takes this for years and uses Heinz. I lost weight using Heinz too. Never bought the one from health food stores.

Closed Thread